Testing the Twin Otter at Limberlost Ranch

Orbxtreme

Hi,

In this set, The Ontario Provincial Government Twin Otter (C-FOPG) is approaching and departing Limberlost Ranch. I was wondering if the wings would clear the hangar and the best way to know it was to try it. First of all, a flight over the runway to get an idea of the situation.

2700OverLimberlostRanch.jpg

The tall trees near the threshold need some attention on approach. But once this obstacle is cleared, the rest is not complicated.

2701finalLimberlostRanch.jpg

2702Betweenthetrees.jpg

2703TwinOttershortfinalLimberlostRanch.j

The sloped terrain in Limberlost Ranch helps for the deceleration. Coupled with the efficient thrust reversers, the aircraft stops very quickly.

2704touchingdowninLimberlostRanch.jpg

2705C-FOPGatLimberlostRanch.jpg

Here is the tricky part. A bit of thrust, a bit of reverse thrust, a bit of thrust...Eventually, a 180 degree turn is made.

2706TurningaroundinLimberlostRanch.jpg

2707Readyfortake-offatLimberlostRanch.jp

2708TwinOtterreadyfortakeoffonshortrunwa

Using the sloped terrain to accelerate, with a bit of flaps, and the Twin Otter is airborne in no time.

2709C-FOPGAirborneatLimberlostRacnh.jpg

2710TwinOtterleavingLimberlostRanch.jpg

Try it, it is a lot of fun!

Cheers!

8 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

WOW!  I absolutely LOVE these shots!  Especially the one between the trees and the second to last one!  But all of them are just beautiful!

Thanks Jack. It's funny because if I had to choose, I would pick the same two as you did.

Great shots, Francois ! 

I also love the twotter,  but had always wondered why the  'dirty, dusty windows'  when looking out of the VC ? 

If this also is your line of thinking, and would like a cleaner view of the Orbx scenery from the VC, here's what to do : 

1) Go and download Hanimichal's 'SusiAir' livery here :

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/4269-susi-air-dhc-6-series-100-wheels/

2) Extract it and look for this DDS file in the texture folder :

DHC6_DC_WINDOWGLASS_C.dds

3) Copy and paste this dds file into the Aerosoft_DH6_300_WHEEL common texture folder (just called 'texture'), and let it overwrite.

**Make a backup copy of your original file first, of course, in case you want to go back. **

The result will be glass transparency in all your twotter variants same as shown in this fine video :

3 hours ago, MZee1960 said:

Great shots, Francois ! 

I also love the twotter,  but had always wondered why the  'dirty, dusty windows'  when looking out of the VC ? 

If this also is your line of thinking, and would like a cleaner view of the Orbx scenery from the VC, here's what to do : 

1) Go and download Hanimichal's 'SusiAir' livery here :

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/4269-susi-air-dhc-6-series-100-wheels/

2) Extract it and look for this DDS file in the texture folder :

DHC6_DC_WINDOWGLASS_C.dds

3) Copy and paste this dds file into the Aerosoft_DH6_300_WHEEL common texture folder (just called 'texture'), and let it overwrite.

**Make a backup copy of your original file first, of course, in case you want to go back. **

The result will be glass transparency in all your twotter variants same as shown in this fine video :

I will certainly have a look at this site. That is a good idea!

Archived