Low, Slow and Scary...

Wakashi

...at least for me! :wacko:  Flying through the Golden Gate Bridge was quite a feat for me too, (crash detection on) keeping under 50-60, full flaps and altitude plus watching the sides for the cables was quite a busy time.  Just took me 3 tries! B)

Here's hoping it was worth the effort.  If you haven't tried it you should!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

60ce47.jpg

742cca.jpg
851a87.jpg

10.jpg

9e7a30.jpg

11.jpg

Thanks for looking, hope you enjoyed em'.

Just now, Sniper31 said:

Great flying Wakashi! Jack should be proud, although that is most definitely symptoms of being exposed to the Sawyer Effect :huh: :)

Thanks Landon, yeah I was gonna mention the "Sawyer Effect" but it slipped my aged mind during the process of posting!  If Jack has tried this I don't remember any screens of it, but again my aged mind! :huh:

2 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Definitely scary and much skill required, don't think I'll try it, I want to keep my licence. LOL

Don

Thanks Don, as they say, if I can do it anyone can do it, I'm definitely not "qualified" to be doing those kinds of things but after a few hrs of practicing slow flight I thought I would try it. :ph34r:

2 hours ago, New Light said:

Cool B)

Thanks New Light!

22 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Well Roger, seems you've got the bug!  I think all of these are "Dude approved" and Sawyer recommended!  Very good airmanship considering you have crash detection on!

I don't got the bug, it's got me!! ;)  I got the Dude's full approval before attempting it, and I knew it would be Sawyer recommended & that't why we did it! :lol:  The devil made me do it!! :D

Piece of cake.....you should have flown the Tacoma Narrows swinging bridge just before it collapsed ;-)

Just kidding of course, smashing shots, but in real life you have to return your license, I guess....

Best regards Fred

9 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

An excellent show of flying skills to get through such a long narrow space.:)

Thanks Martyn, not sure how much skill was involved but Lady Luck was my co-pilot for sure! :D 

7 hours ago, paulb said:

Great flight Roger! It's amazing how big some of these bridges really are when you get up close! :)

Thank you Paul, you’re right about that, more room than I actually expected once I got started.

3 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Piece of cake.....you should have flown the Tacoma Narrows swinging bridge just before it collapsed ;-)

Just kidding of course, smashing shots, but in real life you have to return your license, I guess....

Best regards Fred

Not to worry Fred, the NTSB, FAA, FBI and local law enforcement had my license plus more before I got out of my seat! :rolleyes:  The Tacoma Narrows bridge is more a job for Braveheart Jack Sawyer! :P  Thanks for looking and commenting!

1 hour ago, lifejogger said:

Now that is something new!!!!!!!  Great flying and super shots of it!!!!

Thanks John, beware of the Sawyer Effect,, it’s wide spread!:lol:

4 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Not to worry Fred, the NTSB, FAA, FBI and local law enforcement had my license plus more before I got out of my seat! :rolleyes:  The Tacoma Narrows bridge is more a job for Braveheart Jack Sawyer! :P  Thanks for looking and commenting!

This little 'episode' by Wakashi graduated him onto the Top Ten Violators List of Sawyer Effect offenders. We all know who Numero Uno is (Jack), and Paul has quickly established himself as a strong #2 contender. The rest of the Top Ten offenders have yet to make themselves clearly know, although as stated, Wakashi here is out front ;):D

2 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

This little 'episode' by Wakashi graduated him onto the Top Ten Violators List of Sawyer Effect offenders.

Thanks Landon, I knew this would gain me some notoriety on the forum, not looking to Jack's place but at least I'm in some pretty  good company!  Bad Boys, Bad Boys Whatcha gonna Do!! >:D:ph34r:

Cool!  I see Sundancer beat me to it with the "Piece of Cake" reference.  Way to go!  Way back when, when I was starting out with DC-3 airways, the final checkride included flying a DC-3 through the big dirigible hangar at Moffett Field.

Seeya

ATB

3 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Great shots, Wakashi. And the pro is flying with full flaps... a proof that the virus has now arrived in Oklahoma...

Thank you Gerold!  Not sure about the "pro" part but I am an EXPERT - EX being unknown & Spert being a drip under pressure!! :blink:  And yes, the virus is far reaching!

3 minutes ago, Paughco said:

Cool!  I see Sundancer beat me to it with the "Piece of Cake" reference.  Way to go!  Way back when, when I was starting out with DC-3 airways, the final checkride included flying a DC-3 through the big dirigible hangar at Moffett Field.

Seeya

ATB

Thanks ATB! Not being a RW pilot, I would prbably be headlines in some newpaper somewhere if I tried to actually fly through a hanger, even a huge dirigible hanger, sounds like fun though! :D

Archived