Landon's request

Jack Sawyer

Ok @Sniper31 these shots are for you my friend.

AS4 weather which presented some nice fog, real time, PMDG 747 with short fuel and empty.

Left Half Moon Bay and, well, you be the judge. ^_^

b72KfCX.jpg

1JirkuC.jpg

A9haES5.jpg

8QXjaiN.jpg

bjo8b1Z.jpg

This is a really beautiful airport!

RTe4Ir9.jpg

FUcIK3I.jpg

5CHzhjZ.jpg

szyUBYo.jpg

Xd89TBX.jpg

69SFGnm.jpg

Z0cvhvI.jpg

iwipQ8x.jpg

But wait there's more!

DRnJMG8.jpg

aBQl2ly.jpg

Boo Hoover special

3MzG9sU.jpg

d1edYFP.jpg

pEeW0Ag.jpg

PYFsyKw.jpg

Now that's a pretty picture right there!
i2q0fT0.jpg

HhxZq1L.jpg

UpTUeUN.jpg

8k5qkfv.jpg

Heading home

sreHrLh.jpg

Very well done Jack!

I notice you used a UPS livery instead of Delta; did the Chief Pilot warn you about hot dogging? Oh by the way the FAA is trying to track down the pilot responsible for multiple accidents on the Golden Gate bridge earlier today. some thing about distracted drivers.

:D

Greg

1 minute ago, gregmorin said:

Very well done Jack!

I notice you used a UPS livery instead of Delta; did the Chief Pilot warn you about hot dogging? Oh by the way the FAA is trying to track down the pilot responsible for multiple accidents on the Golden Gate bridge earlier today. some thing about distracted drivers.

:D

Greg

LOL!  I mostly like to use UPS for 747 stunt work, although I did use DAL once or twice.  But UPS gets my packages to me on time so they're my go to "stunt 747".

2 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

I expected to see the newly discovered Sawyer effect later today. But not with a 747! These crazy pilots here!

When I get the time to do a "proper" flight from the very beautiful Half Moon Bay Area I will for sure.  This was a rush job because it was a challenge Landon threw down.  Like I need encouragement. :D

1 minute ago, BradB said:

But UPS gets my packages to me on time so they're my go to "stunt 747". On time is nice but in what condition are they after your little dipsy doo's Jack . :unsure::rolleyes:;):lol:

Cheers

John

Well, I can tell you as a licensed mechanic that any plane, if done properly, will suffer no damage.  I mean look at NASA’s so-called vomit comet.  It does parabolas all day.  Look at the demonstration flight of the 707, it’s simply a matter of good energy management and maneuvering.  I mean Bob Hoover made a career out of it. 

Cheers John.

PS: If ya’ll want me to stop I will.

Great captures and great stunt flight Jack, the Sawyer Effect is in full swing over the San Fran Bay! :D Like John said though, I hope none of my packages were in that 747...thankfully, I just received all my latest computer upgrade parts last week, or they probably would have been in pieces after arriving on your flight ;) Nevertheless Jack, you did not disappoint....well done!

17 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Great captures and great stunt flight Jack, the Sawyer Effect is in full swing over the San Fran Bay! :D Like John said though, I hope none of my packages were in that 747...thankfully, I just received all my latest computer upgrade parts last week, or they probably would have been in pieces after arriving on your flight ;) Nevertheless Jack, you did not disappoint....well done!

Thanks Landon!  I have a special zero G cargo hold so all freight will be A-Ok! :P

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Well, I can tell you as a licensed mechanic that any plane, if done properly, will suffer no damage.  I mean look at NASA’s so-called vomit comet.  It does parabolas all day.  Look at the demonstration flight of the 707, it’s simply a matter of good energy management and maneuvering.  I mean Bob Hoover made a career out of it. 

Cheers John.

PS: If ya’ll want me to stop I will.

I am sure the plane is just fine , but my flat screen from Amazon might be in several pieces . :angry::o;)

John

High energy series of images from your flight Jack.:)

I thought the take off was spectacular  but then the antics around the Golden Gate Bridge was something else.:o

Stop what, the flying or the airframe knowledge.

Nah, don't stop Jack, the flying is entertaining and the info about RL planes fascinating to me.:D

Just now, VH-KDK said:

High energy series of images from your flight Jack.:)

I thought the take off was spectacular  but then the antics around the Golden Gate Bridge was something else.:o

Stop what, the flying or the airframe knowledge.

Nah, don't stop Jack, the flying is entertaining and the info about RL planes fascinating to me.:D

Thanks Martyn, I was wondering if I should stop, I don’t like to upset people.  As for real life stuff, I could go on for days.  It’s all I did.  I’m even writing a book about it but it has a lot of comedy in it.

I couldn’t help myself as Landon asked, and I like to see if it can be done.  It’s the beta tester in me, I like to push things to the limit.

Anyway, I have to agree, the take-off from Half Moon was beautiful.  I can’t believe how nice this airport is!  I really look forward to the next product Orbx releases.

Just now, Bermuda425 said:

Drop-dead gorgeous short field takeoff! You're forcing the stuff out of this plane Jack!!

:rolleyes:

Thanks Erik.  I was surprised it would do it too.  But with short fuel and empty this plane has some serious power behind it.  I mean after takeoff I had to fight to keep it nose down.

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Martyn, I was wondering if I should stop, I don’t like to upset people. 

Don't worry about the ones who might get upset Jack, if what you do upsets people then THEY are the ones that have a problem.:)

No, just think of your many good friends on here who like what you do.;)

8 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Don't worry about the ones who might get upset Jack, if what you do upsets people then THEY are the ones that have a problem.:)

No, just think of your many good friends on here who like what you do.;)

Thanks Martyn.  Appreciate it.

6 hours ago, adambar said:

Time to break out the old barf bag again I see. :blink:  Great shots Jack! :)

:lol:  Thanks Adam!

6 hours ago, paulb said:

Well done Jack! Great flying! Yet another 747 reaches the end of its fatigue life! :o;):lol:

Thanks Paul!  I think it can handle it, if they can haul a 101 ton space shuttle on their backs they can handle this.

2 hours ago, stewart1 said:

Well Jack what can I say very good take off and plenty of Jacks inverted flying and super set of shots looks like that virus is spreading regards stewart  

Thanks Stewart!  I hope it doesn't spread, well, maybe only a little.  :P

Archived