The sound of music

VH-KDK

I like any thing to do with Ansett Airlines and I was very pleased to see this 1964 Carvair repaint by Stephen Browning on Simviation today.

1.fs1.jpg

Port Macquarie YPMQ is the starting point for a short flight to YSTW Tamworth in the Carvair, this plane rocks.

2.fs2.jpg
Taking off with the nose at perfect pitch and  passing Kingfisher Park.

3.fs3.jpg

The coastal towns of Lake Cathie and Bonny Hills can be seen here. Might be a good place to fish for some bass.

4.fs4.jpg

Over the Dungowan Valley close to Ogunbil and the engines are in perfect harmony.

5.fs5.jpg

Tamworth's Golden Guitar can be seen just by the Carvair's nose. One bridge I will not try and fly under. Tamworth is famous for it's annual Country Music Festival

6.fs6.jpg

Tamworth's Equine Centre can be seen to the left of the tail. Be careful as too much singing can make you hoarse!

7.fs7.jpg

Keeping good time on finals and some nice detail below the plane at Marroon Road

8.fs8.jpg

Note the control tower and terminal buildings at YSTW.

9.fs9.jpg

I am not a fan of Country Music, much preferring the beat of the radials.

I hope you enjoyed the flight and gave it a good score.

One of my most favorite things to do Martyn is to marvel at the number of great post's you have had this month ; I have lost count somewhere between sixteen going on seventeen . ;):rolleyes::D:lol: .

Cheers

John

12 hours ago, BradB said:

One of my most favorite things to do Martyn is to marvel at the number of great post's you have had this month ; I have lost count somewhere between sixteen going on seventeen . ;):rolleyes::D:lol: .

Cheers

John

Thanks John, sure to say that I am not going to say, "So long, Farewell." Not just yet anyway.:P

11 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots Martyn. The hills are alive with the sounds of "big four engines" and a swelled head.:D

Thanks Karl, just love the music of those radials.

I actually remembered the flight deck, high up in that swelled head and made a better landing this time.:)

7 hours ago, Stillwater said:

I don´t know much geography, but you teach it all to me, Martyn, in all these incredible details.

Thank you Gerold, I thought you would be Cooking up some comments about this Wonderful World.:lol:

Archived