Lake Tahoe - KTVL

magic1

:)

(For best view, click on the image to enlarge it)

DALmN61.jpg

F3GjswB.jpg

eGqEcaL.jpg

WSr0Ly7.jpg

tv8qKcc.jpg

fDT9h8I.jpg

tGRuBrg.jpg

Orbx – Global: Base, Vector, HD Trees, Open LC North America, AI Traffic North America; NA Northern California, KTVL Lake Tahoe

(May also include REX and/or REX4)

5 hours ago, Stewart Hobson said:

Do you realize you have some anti-aliasing issues?  Lots of jagged edges in a couple of these shots.  Nice shots otherwise.

Maybe - was playing around with some settings..:unsure: Appreciate your comment let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks!

1 hour ago, magic1 said:

Maybe - was playing around with some settings..:unsure: Appreciate your comment let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks!

Well, for starters, if you're sticking with FSX and have a GTX980, then I'd recommend running DX10 with Steve's fixer, download Nvidia Inspector, and use the settings for your Nvidia card contained in Adam's DX10 user's document found in the tips and tricks forum.  I found that using these resources enabled FSX to run as close to P3D's graphics quality as one could hope for.  Though not quite up to the quality of P3Dv4, it was darn close.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/171-dx10-discussion/

15 minutes ago, Stewart Hobson said:

Well, for starters, if you're sticking with FSX and have a GTX980, then I'd recommend running DX10 with Steve's fixer, download Nvidia Inspector, and use the settings for your Nvidia card contained in Adam's DX10 user's document found in the tips and tricks forum.  I found that using these resources enabled FSX to run as close to P3D's graphics quality as one could hope for.  Though not quite up to the quality of P3Dv4, it was darn close.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/171-dx10-discussion/

Cool Thanks - I'll check it out.

10 hours ago, magic1 said:

Cool - which museum?

Warner-Robbins in Macon Georgia.  I took over 150 pictures.  Lots of great planes and I got to meet with the guys who are restoring an original B-17.  Because I'm a mechanic they let me behind the ropes and we talked about sheet metal repairs, I got to see the old B-17 taken apart and being worked on.

I also got to board and photograph the plane Lyndon Johnson used, the JetStar.

What an amazing day yesterday was.

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Warner-Robbins in Macon Georgia.  I took over 150 pictures.  Lots of great planes and I got to meet with the guys who are restoring an original B-17.  Because I'm a mechanic they let me behind the ropes and we talked about sheet metal repairs, I got to see the old B-17 taken apart and being worked on.

That is pretty darned cool Jack. It's always nice to get a little 'professional courtesy' now and then. I would have really enjoyed getting that up close and personal with a B-17. 

4 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I also got to board and photograph the plane Lyndon Johnson used, the JetStar.

What an amazing day yesterday was.

That would be very cool - sounds like a fun day.

4 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

That is pretty darned cool Jack. It's always nice to get a little 'professional courtesy' now and then. I would have really enjoyed getting that up close and personal with a B-17. 

Boy did I have a good time Landon, my wife was happy that I was happy, she said I was like a little kid in a candy store.  But you should see the pix of that B-17!

I'd post them here but I don't want the mods to be mad at me.

Archived