First flight around GES

Jack Sawyer

Everything Orbx - AS4 on - do not know Germany at all so I flew from EDDS, Stuttgart to a little grass strip about 15 miles away called Grabebstetten, EDSG

So far it looks VERY nice.

I'm gonna have to look up the coordinates of that magical castle, it starts with an N if I'm correct.  Can't remember the name of it.

FG90Myt.jpg

ArAcLWL.jpg

XrWuhKA.jpg

DbPXErq.jpg

usOSN1k.jpg

qAC592Z.jpg

wys1BBR.jpg

VU5ptwJ.jpg

MldbTR6.jpg

What a quaint and charming little German airfield, I loved it.

LA3LAlF.jpg

1 minute ago, BradB said:

Well look who got the first shots in from GES , well done my friend . :):)

Cheers

John

Thanks John!  I didn't intend to be the first and I want to keep my shots to a minimum so others can have fun.  But it's a beautiful area.  Thanks Orbx team for yet another gem!

5 minutes ago, flyingleaf said:

Wow great shots beautiful Area Jack. The castle you are thinking of is Neuschwanstein (Disney castle is modeld on it):)

YES!  That's the name, thanks Karl!!!  I'm gonna look up the coordinates now.  Appreciate my friend, and I'm gonna use an upside down ceiling fan there too!  :lol:

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

YES!  That's the name, thanks Karl!!!  I'm gonna look up the coordinates now.  Appreciate my friend, and I'm gonna use an upside down ceiling fan there too!  :lol:

Awesome Jack. Don't scare the crap outta those old barons when you fly over castles:D.

Just now, flyingleaf said:

Awesome Jack. Don't scare the crap outta those old barons when you fly over castles:D.

I was under the impression no one at all lived there for some reason or other.  Money or something.  Been a while since I read about that beautiful castle.  Imagine having that place all to yourself?  It's really incredible that castle.

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

I was under the impression no one at all lived there for some reason or other.  Money or something.  Been a while since I read about that beautiful castle.  Imagine having that place all to yourself?  It's really incredible that castle.

Yes you are right no one lives at that castle but the family live just down below it in an other much older castle. I was lucky enough to have been inside Neuschwanstein pretty amazing place. However king Ludwig bankrupted the state to build it. By the way we can give the same king our gratitude for the octoberfest. It was wedding bash for the subjects.:D Lets do beers. That's my wisdom for the day:D.  

10 minutes ago, flyingleaf said:

Yes you are right no one lives at that castle but the family live just down below it in an other much older castle. I was lucky enough to have been inside Neuschwanstein pretty amazing place. However king Ludwig bankrupted the state to build it. By the way we can give the same king our gratitude for the octoberfest. It was wedding bash for the subjects.:D Lets do beers. That's my wisdom for the day:D.  

Was just reading a Wiki Karl, what a colossal waste that no one actually lives in it and it was never completed.  My wife and I were just marveling at how luxurious the interior is.  It's still a beautiful place and maybe someday I'll get a chance to visit it.

Beautiful caps Jack and well done for being the first to show us this latest area.

Been out most of the day but just about to have my first look with the Alabeo Aztec which I have finally remembered to install into v4.

9 hours ago, JohnnyJohnJohn said:

Nice set Jack!  Fall colors coming through again, eh?   :( 

Thanks John, yes, it was pleasant surprise too.  I love the brilliant colors of the foliage.  We've been seeing it here in Georgia for weeks now due to the drought.

8 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

You were sitting there with your Credit Card.:)

Nice shots.

Whose aircraft?

TTM

:lol:  Yup, I knew this would be a day one purchase TTM.  So much to explore, I'm loving it.  That's A2A's 182.

7 hours ago, adambar said:

GES looks amazing, you show her well Jack! :)

Thanks Adam.

6 hours ago, stewart1 said:

Wow super set of screen shots Jack regards stewart

Thanks Stewart.

4 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Beautiful caps Jack and well done for being the first to show us this latest area.

Been out most of the day but just about to have my first look with the Alabeo Aztec which I have finally remembered to install into v4.

Thanks Martyn!  Well then, I hope to see some shots of that Aztec over Southern Germany soon my friend! ;)

4 hours ago, paulb said:

Well done on getting in first with these shots Jack! :). It does look good. 

Lots of beautiful castles in Germany -

http://www.touropia.com/castles-in-germany/

http://www.destination360.com/europe/germany/castles

Thanks Paul and thanks for the links.  Wish I had more time to explore Germany when I was stationed in the UK.

11 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Do not blow the tourists there, Jack. They´ll shout in American and Japanese to you, and they are masses!

Archived