New ORBX VR Teletransport

Our excellent ORBX developers are too modest to announce it, since the product is still in early BETA, but the next Big Product will be a VR Teletransport system. ORBX customers will be able to purchase headset/molecular scramblers that will enable them to place themselves anywhere in the world currently covered by ORBX FSX. ORBX VRT scenery is being developed so as to be compatible with all foreseeable flight sim platforms. Release date is still a secret but may beat South America LC. Price is projected to be AU$450-950. Those who wish to sign up in advance may do so by starting a Forum thread complaining about delayed release of the new product  ;).

yanlaoge--my inside source says that the transporter will place you at the designated site, and the VR will allow you to build a plane around yourself. The headset is required for the latter procedure. Of course, my inside source was drunk at the time, so his information may be a bit suspect. And the whole project is still in BETA after all. I'm sure things are still fluid.

4 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

yanlaoge--my inside source says that the transporter will place you at the designated site, and the VR will allow you to build a plane around yourself. The headset is required for the latter procedure. Of course, my inside source was drunk at the time, so his information may be a bit suspect. And the whole project is still in BETA after all. I'm sure things are still fluid.

Thank you Roger for the inside info. Wish your friend well. :)

On ‎11‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 8:56 PM, Rodger Pettichord said:

Our excellent ORBX developers are too modest to announce it, since the product is still in early BETA, but the next Big Product will be a VR Teletransport system. ORBX customers will be able to purchase headset/molecular scramblers that will enable them to place themselves anywhere in the world currently covered by ORBX FSX. ORBX VRT scenery is being developed so as to be compatible with all foreseeable flight sim platforms. Release date is still a secret but may beat South America LC. Price is projected to be AU$450-950. Those who wish to sign up in advance may do so by starting a Forum thread complaining about delayed release of the new product  ;).

You forgot to mention the Pre Orders get a replica 1980's Captains outfit of either Pan Am,Qantas,Lufthansa,Alitalia or British Airways.Comes in Sizes from S to XXL.

2 hours ago, Matthew Kane said:

Fake News???

Be gone with you!

OrbX would not allow such Liberal lies on its forums

Either someone is having some fun or we are all in for a treat of some new technology

Lets see what one of the moderators have to say about such exciting/fake news

49 minutes ago, aero-3fsx said:

Be gone with you!

OrbX would not allow such Liberal lies on its forums

Either someone is having some fun or we are all in for a treat of some new technology

Lets see what one of the moderators have to say about such exciting/fake news

It was Rogers Comment that said:

Of course, my inside source was drunk at the time, so his information may be a bit suspect. 

Therefore the source cannot be trusted :lol:

To spare the Moderators the effort, and before things get out of hand, let me clarify that this thread was started in a spirit of ORBX fun. As time went on, the fun began to be diluted by responses that indicated literal interpretations of what I thought would be obviously satirical. To spare anyone further embarrassment, may I state clearly that there is no new Earth-based ORBX VR/Teletransport product in development. Such a product is completely beyond current Earth-based scientific capacities.

However, for those with access to the ORBX Multidimensional systems, the VR/Teletransport Implant is indeed available. You must have the latest molecular rerouters in order to use the product, but other than that, It will work on all current Dimension Five displays. ;)

My apologies for the original tongue-in-cheek release. Didn't mean to confuse Forum members.

Well, all I need to know Rodger, is will a Flux Capacitor work in place of the molecular rerouter? If so, I think I do have one of those in my T-16 back home, but it's not much bigger than two meters, if that is a problem :D

4 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Well, all I need to know Rodger, is will a Flux Capacitor work in place of the molecular rerouter? If so, I think I do have one of those in my T-16 back home, but it's not much bigger than two meters, if that is a problem 

:lol::lol::lol:

I've been subscribed to this thread for a reason, I need to keep laughing and you guys are doing a pretty fine job at it!  :lol:

12 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I've been subscribed to this thread for a reason, I need to keep laughing and you guys are doing a pretty fine job at it!  :lol:

OrbX is such honest serious fun these days that a little silly fun is definitely in order

Can the StarTrek Holodeck or transporter be used in this case?

22 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

To spare the Moderators the effort, and before things get out of hand, let me clarify that this thread was started in a spirit of ORBX fun. As time went on, the fun began to be diluted by responses that indicated literal interpretations of what I thought would be obviously satirical. To spare anyone further embarrassment, may I state clearly that there is no new Earth-based ORBX VR/Teletransport product in development. Such a product is completely beyond current Earth-based scientific capacities.

However, for those with access to the ORBX Multidimensional systems, the VR/Teletransport Implant is indeed available. You must have the latest molecular rerouters in order to use the product, but other than that, It will work on all current Dimension Five displays. ;)

My apologies for the original tongue-in-cheek release. Didn't mean to confuse Forum members.

^^^^ Why science literacy gone will be the death of us. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 17/07/2017 at 2:14 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

Well it has succeeded in keeping us laughing and lets ride it as long as it lasts

We are simulating the real world in a computer so going that little extra step is only logical as Spock would say

Archived