KCGX Meigs Field for Aerofly FS2 - 27 new preview shots!

There is so much to see and explore in this scenery. Here's just a taste, but I won't give everything away. 

Enjoy!

PAL5.jpg

NOEE.jpg

e5kg.jpg

Autogen for miles and miles and miles...

YLaQ.jpg

2d3E.jpg

Your old favourite, "Mr Sweepie" has a gig at Meigs! :)

3O5V.jpg

J5Kv.jpg

lWgE.jpg

Real-time reflections on all office tower windows!

zBYw.jpg

ow1z.jpg

Yes the ferris wheel rotates and casts real-time shadows!

8038.jpg

Spectacular lighting with the atmospheric engine..

VbLP.jpg

dme2.jpg

Full PeopleFlow implementation, all animated

OGLb.jpg

ApZx.jpg

WkaO.jpg

n0D0.jpg

08pg.jpg

wp35.jpg

Is this flight sim or Call Of Duty? ...

xgpO.jpg

And yes, the Cloud Gate sculpture is metalic and does reflect the entire surrounding scene in real time!

bQ98.jpg

A first for Aerofly .. beautiful 3D night lights!

803j.jpg

VbL0.jpg

dmeW.jpg

OGLz.jpg

GQm1.jpg

This is amazing John!

I've been subscribed to this thread since it was started.

Can anyone answer some basic questions?

Where do I buy this sim?

Will it have FTX Central like P3D?

Will our purchases transfer over to this sim or will we have to re-buy them?

If Orbx can do this in this new sim, imagine how it will look when their entire catalog is eventually released on it.

2 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Where do I buy this sim?

Will it have FTX Central like P3D?

Will our purchases transfer over to this sim or will we have to re-buy them?

• FTX Central will automatically detect Aerofly FS2 if you have it installed and prompt you to select it from your list of installed simulators, just like FSX / P3D

• If you purchase Orbx DLC from OrbxDirect.com they will appear in FTX Central to be managed. If you purchase them from Steam  you manage them from Steam. However, you only get the 40% discount on Orbx DLC for Aerofly if you purchase them from OrbxDirect.com and already have the FSX/P3D version in your account. 

Thanks John!  So it's like it is now?  Free for P3D v4?  If so, your's is a very generous company.

And I love the idea of being able to buy it right from OrbxDirect!

The sim world just keeps getting better and better every day.

Looks like I'll be buying this when it's released from Orbx and have my system upgraded.

John, when can we buy Orbx stock from OrbxDirect?  I'll take a bunch of shares if they're ever available :D

Out of interest: are there any advantages or disadvantages when it comes to buying this scenery (or LOWI or any upcoming scenery) from Steam or directly from Orbx? Are there differences in things like prices, availability of updates (will they be available sooner using one source?) and expansions (like the cityscape)? Or any possible additional freeware? Will the scenery have more user controlable options or settings when you use FTX Central instead of Steam? Do they install in the same way? And so on. ^_^ Would be nice to know more about this before the addons are being released and I want to spend some cash quickly!

EDIT

Sorry, seems I missed the last few posts and I just read JV's post about this.

10 minutes ago, Benny said:

So, on the 15th of June, LOWI and MEG will appear in my FTXC? Or there will be a new product page OR same page but a button to buy it FOR FS2?

Ben

On the 15th of June there will be a patch for FTX Central. This will detect if you have Aerofly FS2 installed.

On the same day there will be two new product pages on OrbxDirect.com for the AFS2 versions of LOWI and KCGX. You simply add them to your cart and checkout. You'll get a 40% discount if you already own those licenses for FSX/P3D.

Then run FTXC and install them in the normal way.

Couldn't be simpler :) 

1 hour ago, John Venema said:

• FTX Central will automatically detect Aerofly FS2 if you have it installed and prompt you to select it from your list of installed simulators, just like FSX / P3D

• If you purchase Orbx DLC from OrbxDirect.com they will appear in FTX Central to be managed. If you purchase them from Steam  you manage them from Steam. However, you only get the 40% discount on Orbx DLC for Aerofly if you purchase them from OrbxDirect.com and already have the FSX/P3D version in your account. 

John, will the 40% discount work the other way too? If I'll buy the airport for Aerofly FS 2 first, and then I'll want to buy FSX/P3D version?

Two things...one is as I look at these screenshots I cant help but think of how much time is invested in this. With every object needing to be made and then textured..to a non-developer its just mind blowing.

The second is I hope that Orbx has an open line to some other developers in fields like aircrafts, weather etc to hopefully influence them into looking at AFS2 as well. Seems you would be a good ambassador since Orbx has proven itself in both cutting edge development and sound business practices. 

It just dawned upon me, that in any shots of the streets, there are no A.I. cars, trucks, other road traffic.  I thought that animated road traffic was going to be part of the Orbx scenic package. Is this not happening?  John, can you clarify if cars (a'la FSX style) will be seen on any of the lighted roadways, within the scope of this scenery package?

Thanks

5 hours ago, John Venema said:

FTX Central will automatically detect Aerofly FS2 if you have it installed and prompt you to select it from your list of installed simulators, just like FSX / P3D

So far, my FTX Central has not detected AFS2 on my computer. When it will?.

By the way, terrific scenery!.

Cheers, Ed

1 hour ago, edpatino said:
7 hours ago, John Venema said:

FTX Central will automatically detect Aerofly FS2 if you have it installed and prompt you to select it from your list of installed simulators, just like FSX / P3D

So far, my FTX Central has not detected AFS2 on my computer. When it will?.

By the way, terrific scenery!.

Cheers, Ed

15th June according to JV's post ID.9 above.

Great pic's.

So AFS2 will be sold on Orbx direct on its official release day?

Just to clarify will all Orbx future content for this title sold via Orbx Direct work on the Steam Edition?

Will the Orbx direct version of AFS2 be able to use add on content sold on steam?

I just don't want to jump in now and buy the Steam edition until I know how each version will  work in regards to future add ons.

I look at these shots...can see what AF2 is capable of right now...and will project into the future...with a MODERN  graphics, physics, and lighting engine!

I was going to pick up P3D v4.0...but have decided, not to now.  P3D v3.4 is good enough for my use of the ESP engine.  No longer interested whether it is 32, or 64 bit.

THIS is the 64 bit platform I want!  

Wow...

PNW

For those who don't have FS2, be ready for a GIANT download, if you get the 2 available DLC it's around 125 gig. 

My FS2 video was removed form the video section and I understand why, I was not showing any ORBX scenery.. yet, but for those that have no idea of what FS2 look like, I will leave it here, In hope that JV don't remove this one.

Ben

18 hours ago, raymar99 said:

Is Orbx still giving SENIORS a discount?

Regards,

Ray

Yes, seniors discount applies to everything except during sales.

2 hours ago, PNW User said:

Ok, so I guess no A.I. road traffic on those thousands of roads...

I guess, because they are photo/ortho, and there is no vector data, for the cars to follow.

AFS2 does not have road vehicle traffic. It may be added in the future but for now we enjoy the sim for what it is.

3 hours ago, John Venema said:

3 hours ago, John Venema said:

Is Orbx still giving SENIORS a discount?

Excellent.  This is a great benefit for the Golden Generation flyers. Thanks Orbx.

Regards,

Ray

5 hours ago, John Venema said:

AFS2 does not have road vehicle traffic. It may be added in the future but for now we enjoy the sim for what it is.

Thanks for the response, John.  No deal breaker by any means...but...with all those fabulous roads...was licking my lips, lol.

You might then have to have your gang of People-Flow, be seen walking in the downtown, taking in the shopping, dining, and hitting the lower Blue's Bars, ordering Deep Dish Pizza, and a mug of draft...,...cause I bet that Sweeper (Sweepie), probably at night, earns extra coin, by playing the axe.... LOL.

considering the size of the photoreal, are any other airports embedded in the scenery?

Is the underlying PR the same resolution as that in the default AFS2 Las Vegas? (or better )?

Will the building that is prominent in both pics 2 and 24 (third from bottom) be fixed to have a better appearance?

I just thought of something.  Ok..there is no A.I. car movements yet in AF2.

Having noted that...I sure hope that there is at least really clear graphic, car and traffic footprints on all the highways, and Chicago suburbs, including downtown. To have all those lit up roads, totally devoid of any semblance that the city and suburbs is actually inhabited, would seriously kill immersion.  It would look like a Rod Serling, Nuclear Winter scenario, where everybody has vanished!

So, yes, AF2 is photo-real, but John/Orbx, I sure hope you have thought of this...at least have 'car traffic' from the aircraft's view, to be seen on those highways and suburban/rural roadways, parked upon the streets and as if 'moving' in traffic'. Footprints/images, etc. 

On 9.6.2017 at 9:51 AM, aero-3fsx said:

Wonderful lighting in this sim

I hope LM update their lighting for 4,1

For my taste lighting in P3d4, even in P3d3 is much better than in Aerofly, especially when it comes to shadowing.

The big plus of Aerofly is the smooth performance and the smooth animation of the gauges.

3 hours ago, wolfko said:

For my taste lighting in P3d4, even in P3d3 is much better than in Aerofly, especially when it comes to shadowing.

The big plus of Aerofly is the smooth performance and the smooth animation of the gauges.

I have to clarify my last statement. I was talking of lighting/shadowing of the scenery/landscape. The lighting/shadowing of cockpits, planes an buildings is exceptional. 

2 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Did Meigs have procedures or was it VFR only ?

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Procedures! At one moment in time it was the the busiest single-strip airport in the US and various airlines used it.

Archived