KCGX Meigs Field for Aerofly FS2 - 27 new preview shots!

6 minutes ago, GB2512 said:

Got both KCGX and LOWI today !! This is simply amazing. ORBX you rock.

absolutely right, i installed both a few minutes ago, superb looking and so ultra smooth everything, even i have everything on ultra settings ! :-D

what AFS2 now needs are Helis! :-D

5 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Did Meigs have procedures or was it VFR only ?

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Scott.

Meigs had VOR and GPS (36) published approaches.  Push google and find them.

Ray

Since 7 hours cannot stop to explore this wonderful scenery of LOWI....hope for more in the Alps, like the wonderful Saanen from Sylvain ! Thx IPACS, thx Orbx...there is no return back possible from AFS2 to something else....

Ok, so I guess no A.I. road traffic on those thousands of roads...

I guess, because they are photo/ortho, and there is no vector data, for the cars to follow.

And just to be clear, there's no reason you can't have traffic over orthoscenery - I regularly fly P3d with ortho, and the traffic works just like it otherwise would. As long as there's a vector layer, traffic will function just fine.

So as John said, no traffic in the current pre-release version of AF2, but no reason why it couldn't be added.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

19 hours ago, raymar99 said:

Hello Scott.

Meigs had VOR and GPS (36) published approaches.  Push google and find them.

Ray

Hi Ray,

Thanks - I'll poke around again and see if I can find them...

Regards,
Scott

Just think, once it was normal to have multiple flightsims running around.

Simming is finally awakening from a decade long slumber, and many people are either yawning sleepily, looking around with wonder, or have promptly hit their snooze alarm. :lol:

6 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Just think, once it was normal to have multiple flightsims running around.

Simming is finally awakening from a decade long slumber, and many people are either yawning sleepily, looking around with wonder, or have promptly hit their snooze alarm. :lol:

This is right as such, and I do own all of the present sims, if for nothing else than for being educated. However, do you have money to feed all of them with addons? I don't. I have a host of Prepar3d addons (mostly sceneries, including the complete ORBX collection) and will go on adding more. I could afford the few sceneries available for AeroflyFS2 so far, but that's it. 

Kind regards, Michael

3 minutes ago, pmb said:

However, do you have money to feed all of them with addons? I don't.

Kind regards, Michael

My purchases are few and far between nowadays anyway, as I'm becoming increasingly allergic to 30fps.

That free's up a lot of money that might have once gone elsewhere.

1 hour ago, HiFlyer said:

My purchases are few and far between nowadays anyway, as I'm becoming increasingly allergic to 30fps.

Same here. I stopped buying addons half a year or so ago when I started using Aerofly FS 2. Until now, obviously, although I only bought LOWI: Meigs doesn't interest me. I have to add that even in my P3D days I had become rather picky when it came to addons. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 5:40 PM, HiFlyer said:

At the height of my interest in FSX, it was nice to get 'something for the weekend' so to speak, there was always something on sale for pocket money prices, so you could pick up a new plane or interesting bit of scenery quite often. I've also made the decision to move on and I purposely don't even look at the FSX stuff any more and I've wiped the Steam edition from its SSD to free up space. I've never been as hardcore as lots of the guys here, but I've had such a lot of pleasure from FSX over the last few years, (it came to life again for me when the Steam edition came out, I had it on DVD but it never ran that well) however the future is all around us and for me it's time to move on. Bye bye FSX, I shall always have fond memories.

Archived