Another tutorial with the Queen

Jack Sawyer

Just now, Stillwater said:

Your shots & perspectives keep getting better and better, Jack. As scenery & plane do.

Thanks Gerold!  I have ya'll to thank for inspiration.  Everyone here posts some pretty spectacular and very creative shots.  I just want to try to improve.  I appreciate your kind words!

2 hours ago, Torchy821 said:

Greaser!!

Kev

Thanks Kev.  I have a lot to learn.

2 hours ago, jury42 said:

Thanks Jury, I'll have to compare those to P3D which is what I use.

1 hour ago, paulb said:

Impressive Jack! You fly those big jets better than I can! :)

Thanks Paul.  I doubt it, it was all autopilot and autoland.

1 hour ago, TigerTigerM said:

Nice set Jack

Was that an autoland or hand flown in??

TTM

Autoland per the tutorial TTM.  Still have tons of learning to do.

1 hour ago, Iain Emms said:

Great set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain!

2 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

Just amazing. I wouldn't have the endurance to learn all that, Jack ;)

Thanks Bernd, trust me, it takes a lot of patience.  So much learning, I feel like I'm in flight school all over again, as well as maintenance school.

This old dog has to relearn all this stuff.  

I'm going to make a leisurely flight in my new KSAN and LOWI areas soon as well as Catalina, and well, all of them.  I have so many I just looked at once and never went back.

Well flown Jack, some impressive caps of a great landing.

You know the simple airliners I fly, well I get a kick when an ILS landing goes to plan as well as a huge laugh when the plane sails straight over the airport when I have stuffed things up:lol:.

Good luck with your learning.

I started flying at every ORBX airport a few weeks ago taking a good look at as much as I can at each location. I am currently at KBLU, so a still have a lot to visit!

BTW how come you were not flying in a United 744:o:ph34r::ph34r:

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Bernd, trust me, it takes a lot of patience.  So much learning, I feel like I'm in flight school all over again, as well as maintenance school.

This old dog has to relearn all this stuff.  

I'm going to make a leisurely flight in my new KSAN and LOWI areas soon as well as Catalina, and well, all of them.  I have so many I just looked at once and never went back.

Had the joy of purchasing a  sale priced, ( $6.83), Flysimware Old School C180 today, threw in the WeFly mini AP/GPS & went out & did ILS into KSAN.

Granted the FSW 180 is a bit rough on the inside, but all the instruments & switches I needed for ILS were there & it flew nicely down to the deck without intervention.

Not bad for $6.83:)

TTM 

4 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Well flown Jack, some impressive caps of a great landing.

You know the simple airliners I fly, well I get a kick when an ILS landing goes to plan as well as a huge laugh when the plane sails straight over the airport when I have stuffed things up:lol:.

Good luck with your learning.

I started flying at every ORBX airport a few weeks ago taking a good look at as much as I can at each location. I am currently at KBLU, so a still have a lot to visit!

BTW how come you were not flying in a United 744:o:ph34r::ph34r:

Thanks Martyn.  Yes, it's a good feeling when it al comes together but sometimes it doesn't, like not catching the glideslope below when you're supposed, like today with me for instance.  :rolleyes:  I need to do that too, I've been flying to and from most of my Orbx airports but I need to really look at them deeper.

3 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Had the joy of purchasing a  sale priced, ( $6.83), Flysimware Old School C180 today, threw in the WeFly mini AP/GPS & went out & did ILS into KSAN.

Granted the FSW 180 is a bit rough on the inside, but all the instruments & switches I needed for ILS were there & it flew nicely down to the deck without intervention.

Not bad for $6.83:)

TTM 

Sounds like a real bargain TTM.  Almost free.

2 hours ago, mikewies said:

Very nice series Jack...that's a difficult landing to do. Pretty cool in RL.

Thanks Mike.  Autoland did it.  But today it didn't and I had to hand land it.  Not too bad as I was already set up.

2 hours ago, BradB said:

I bow before you Sir Jack , I applaud your effort in trying to lasso the Queen . :o:P:D

Cheers

John

Thanks John!  She's a beauty but you have to think a few steps ahead to fly her correctly.

1 hour ago, olderndirt said:

I like #8 - the 'bore sighted' shot.

Thanks OnD!  I like that one too, it took a little while to get that camera just right.

21 minutes ago, adambar said:

Job well done Jack, keep up the good work! :)

Thanks Adam, I'll try but it ain't easy.

4 minutes ago, Sammy H said:

Yet another wonderful series Jack.....my wallet may be looking at yet another new purchase soon......Ugh PMDG and there stinkin prices though!

Thank you Sammy, I know they're steep but I look at this one particular purchase this way, and I've said this a hundred times.

Orbx and PMDG so far has been the only ones to publicly state they will support version 4 of P3D which is now I beta and will be 64 bit. 

So, I'll have my wonderful world of Orbx and the only plane to fly it in will be the 747.  That is until the other aircraft manufacturers create 64 bit compatible planes.

My number one goal this year is to have a 64-bit P3D so OOM's and VAS can be banished from my vocabulary.

Just think, no more Scenery Config Editor, no more VAS meters, no more tweaks and other nonsense.  If XP can do it LM can do it too.

But XP doesn't have Orbx, P3D does.

Archived