Catalina at ... Catalina!

Adam Banks

I thought I'd be the first to make the obvious connection!

kavx_01_460_1350.jpg

What a wonderful place to put an airport!
kavx_02_359_1350.jpg

kavx_03_516_1350.jpg

kavx_04_46_1350.jpg

kavx_05_441_1350.jpg

I hate to say this, as I feel I may be being disloyal to my beloved NZMF - but KAVX is another ORBX classic in the same vein. It's a small(ish) area, jam-packed with superbly blended photoreal, objects and textures - all lovingly recreated by Tim and Ken - congratulations! A thoroughly fitting opening fanfare as the first ORBXDirect release. What a masterpiece!

kavx_06_563_1350.jpg

kavx_07_396_1350.jpg

It's worth jumping into something slow (let's face it, there's not much out there slower than a Catalina!) and just flying around the island's coastline. So many treats!
kavx_08_223_1350.jpg

kavx_09_443_1350.jpg

kavx_10_163_1350.jpg

kavx_11_677_1350.jpg

Rounding off the dozen with my favourite shot, I think ...
kavx_12_398_1350.jpg

I'd say "that's Christmas sorted"!!

Adam.

52 minutes ago, Tim Harris said:

Very nice Adam, probably take about 4 hour round trip around the island in that?

... and I'm sure I'd enjoy every minute of it! Nothing like the 13hr trip back to NZ though - and that's in a B737!!!

Well done, Tim and Ken!

Adam.

7 minutes ago, Captain Coffee said:

Gorgeous, especially like the appropriate bird used to tour the island. ;)

I landed the Cat in one of the harbours, but the screenshots just didn't look good. P3D terrain+lighting is good, but I think it still has a long way to go in the "water department". I see better water in BF4! :lol:

Thanks for the nice comments, folks! I'm sure these forums will get hundreds more from Catalina Island - it's *very* photogenic.

Adam.

Adam

I am trying your PTA 2.0, & after reading somewhere else that you were using HDR On & .6/.35/.99

I took that to mean the Brightness/Bloom & Saturation #'s in P3D Lighting Settings.

Now I am not so sure because the scenery I am getting now is quite dark.

I was using  1.05/.75/ .79.

& you also referred to Green & blue - so have I got the wrong end of the stick changing P3D Lighting HDR settings to .6/.35/ 1.0??

TTM

19 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

I am trying your PTA 2.0, & after reading somewhere else that you were using HDR On & .6/.35/.99

I took that to mean the Brightness/Bloom & Saturation #'s in P3D Lighting Settings.

Now I am not so sure because the scenery I am getting now is quite dark.

I was using  1.05/.75/ .79.

& you also referred to Green & blue - so have I got the wrong end of the stick changing P3D Lighting HDR settings to .6/.35/ 1.0??

0.60/0.35/0.99 should be correct. Not sure why those values are making your scenery so dark. 1.05 (brightness) bleaches my output a LOT! Try re-loading the PTA preset - maybe some of the other settings didn't "take" <?>. Quite a few people have been playing with that 2.0 preset with no apparent trouble, so something's wrong somewhere! You haven't un-ticked something? They're all inter-dependent.

The green/blue thing is in the HDR & Post-Processing section ... Scene Tone Adjustment. I use that function to knock back the overall red/brown in P3D - by reducing the red a little and boosting the green and blue a fraction as well.

Adam.

12 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

0.60/0.35/0.99 should be correct. Not sure why those values are making your scenery so dark. 1.05 (brightness) bleaches my output a LOT! Try re-loading the PTA preset - maybe some of the other settings didn't "take" <?>. Quite a few people have been playing with that 2.0 preset with no apparent trouble, so something's wrong somewhere! You haven't un-ticked something? They're all inter-dependent.

The green/blue thing is in the HDR & Post-Processing section ... Scene Tone Adjustment. I use that function to knock back the overall red/brown in P3D - by reducing the red a little and boosting the green and blue a fraction as well.

Adam.

Ok

In my PTA 2.0, HDR Post Processing: Scene Tone Adjustment is unticked & RGB are all 1.0.

What should they be??

Thanks

TTM

12 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

In my PTA 2.0, HDR Post Processing: Scene Tone Adjustment is unticked & RGB are all 1.0.

What should they be??

Hmmm ... if those values aren't as they should be, I wonder what else isn't set correctly? Unless you're looking at "Alternate Scene Tone Adjustment" (which is unticked).

Just checking ... you *are* using PTA 2.0 beta and you're importing the preset - then applying it directly (without doing any edits)?

In case you've edited and saved over my preset, you might want to extract the original from my archive and have another go!

Adam.

Archived