Perth Intl. and Darwin Intl.?

Salvatore Coco DA

5 hours ago, JohnY said:

And there's also already YPJT Perth Jandacott.  Isn't that the International airport?

John

No it's the local regional airport. Perth Airport is YPPH

it is a great gap between Perth and Asia because the closest flights from Perth are actually Bali and Singapore. Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne are much further away. Reason why it is the Western Gateway

Yes, it would be very nice to have an

updated Perth International, but there are many changes in the pipeline including a third runway so it is not realistic to expect  any developer to commit at this time.

Perth is the capital city of Western Australia ( WA -  colloquially known as

Wait Awhile. We are used to doing just that ! ).

Bill.

On ‎02‎.‎09‎.‎2016 at 7:45 AM, nullack said:

Some say Ozx is OK with P3D, then when you look at the details, people say it is not compatible and the lighting / shading is wrong, plus issues with the libs themselves.

Some OZx sceneries work flawlessly in P3D, while others will show the issues you mentioned above, especially the older ones in OZx 3.0 to 3.3; some library objects will simply disappear in P3D (I´m sure there was a model of the Three Sisters rock formation near Katoomba in FSX, in P3D there isn´t); others suffer from texture flickering or unrealisitic hue or brightness. I wish they would recompile their libraries with the P3D SDK like the guys at RTMM did a while ago. But nevertheless you´ll find that a great deal of OZx scenery works and it`s really great to have those in P3D.

while it's a long way from orbx, the following freeware is good enough to make Perth airport worth a visit for anyone who's been running defo scenery (which is about 20+ years behind in afcad terms) and avoiding the place as a result.

https://zooferretfsxaddons.wordpress.com/ypph-2016/  (the latest version at the time of posting is v1.1 and available from the dropbox link on the linked page - avsim, etc only have v1.0)

includes 'recent' (last 20 years!) updates like TWY V (open about 10 years!), extending TWY A up through where the old tower/fireservice building used to be (T3/T4 side of the aerodrome), expanded aprons at T1 and the T2 apron, extension of TWY C all the way down to the RWY 03 threshold... and all the other fiddly TWY bits and fjords (apologies to the hitchhikers guide). it places some buildings at T1 and T2 and has bays that work with gfx (including [importantly] the VOZ bays with jetways at T1).

designed for fsx, it works in p3dv3.

hth.

4 hours ago, fabs79 said:

Some OZx sceneries work flawlessly in P3D, while others will show the issues you mentioned above, especially the older ones in OZx 3.0 to 3.3; some library objects will simply disappear in P3D (I´m sure there was a model of the Three Sisters rock formation near Katoomba in FSX, in P3D there isn´t); others suffer from texture flickering or unrealisitic hue or brightness. I wish they would recompile their libraries with the P3D SDK like the guys at RTMM did a while ago. But nevertheless you´ll find that a great deal of OZx scenery works and it`s really great to have those in P3D.

We are working on it :)

Trouble is, knowing what is working and what isn't.  I wanted to put my original OZx Airports like Cairns etc., on P3Dv3.3.5 but couldn't understand from the site what was compatible.

Its good to know though that your working on it Kev.

John

• 3 months later...
On 9/2/2016 at 9:59 PM, CLA1836 said:

Yes, it would be very nice to have an

updated Perth International, but there are many changes in the pipeline including a third runway so it is not realistic to expect  any developer to commit at this time.

Perth is the capital city of Western Australia ( WA -  colloquially known as

Wait Awhile. We are used to doing just that ! ).

Bill.

At the speed infrastructure is developed in this country and knowing a 'pipeline' is very long a third runway would not be ready for use in Perth until 2100.

21 minutes ago, chumley said:

At the speed infrastructure is developed in this country and knowing a 'pipeline' is very long a third runway would not be ready for use in Perth until 2100.

They can hire the Berlin airport developers!

On 9/4/2016 at 2:56 AM, Chris Wright said:

while it's a long way from orbx, the following freeware is good enough to make Perth airport worth a visit for anyone who's been running defo scenery (which is about 20+ years behind in afcad terms) and avoiding the place as a result.

https://zooferretfsxaddons.wordpress.com/ypph-2016/  (the latest version at the time of posting is v1.1 and available from the dropbox link on the linked page - avsim, etc only have v1.0)

includes 'recent' (last 20 years!) updates like TWY V (open about 10 years!), extending TWY A up through where the old tower/fireservice building used to be (T3/T4 side of the aerodrome), expanded aprons at T1 and the T2 apron, extension of TWY C all the way down to the RWY 03 threshold... and all the other fiddly TWY bits and fjords (apologies to the hitchhikers guide). it places some buildings at T1 and T2 and has bays that work with gfx (including [importantly] the VOZ bays with jetways at T1).

designed for fsx, it works in p3dv3.

hth.

The NZAA link is broken. And the authors email bounces back. If someone can get in touch with the author of these sceneries and get the NZAA link up again that'd be great thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/3/2017 at 11:45 PM, B77X said:

Next year Qantas is flying 787's nonstop Perth-London.

A payware YPPH (and NZAA too I'd love to have) is a good fit for release this year. *crosses fingers*

NZAA is already being done by another company and NZCH is being done by someone else

I have Prepar3d V3.4 and I run everything that Oziex releases and has previously released, and to be honest, if there are minor disadvantages, I am not aware of them.

The benefits of the many (hundreds? I have  never counted them) of additional small ports for Aus, (and a few in North America) far outweighs the minor tiny errors. I run Oziex in a folder outside the sim, and point the sim to this folder.. I also run other contributors items, such as the many Aus strips by Allan Blencowe. Works for me. Teecee.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/18/2020 at 7:24 PM, John Dow said:

I know Perth is in the pipeline but no Darwin that I know of.  Timeline?  Expect a release before 2030 at the latest.

John, I think 2030 is a bit optimistic.

Especially if they decide to delve into scenery for MFS20..

But we still live in hope.

Lance.

Wish List:

Perth, Darwin, Karatha, Geraldton, Mackay

Archived