Sitting here wondering.

Every day I read several postings about "wnen will this or that scenery be released for P3D v3", "will this or that scenery be released for P3D v3 before end of november, before christmas"!!!! JV has clerarly stated that NO release dates will be published!!!  :banghead:

What´s the matter with you guys, can´t you read or don´t you understand the written word? I have allways seen "FS-pilots" as bright and clever people but seems I have to to reevaluate my opinion. But on the other hand, who cares about what an old Swedish goat in Spain thinks!  :D

Jack

the Swede in Spain

In my experience, there are a lot of internet users who are not very experienced with navigating discussion forums and message boards, and many tend to overlook topic labels such as "ANNOUCNEMENT" and "PINNED". It is just not enough for them to stop and think "Maybe this topic contains something I need to read." In addition, many are used to social media such as Facebook and Tiwitter, where you just post a question when you need information, and so they tend to use message boards the same way.

I don't think it is our problem to begin with. Let people ask the questions they want as it is there forum too. Lets not sit in judgment of others. If Orbx thinks there is a issue with these kind of questions let them deal with it. We must respect each other. Personally I get fed up too with some of the posts but just laugh it off and move on. Josh

About the only way I can think of is to have every new user directed to a post outlining the "it will be released when its ready" policy.  That would probably cut the question by .002%.  IMO the question is just an extension of the Mc Donald Syndrome.

( I want what I want and I want it NOW!).

Having started with ORBX/FTX forums at VOZ v0,99 my only question of this nature is 'When will it get fixed??' for the corrections that are required for new releases etc.

As you will see, I have moved this to the Pilot's lounge.

It is good to let off steam sometimes, let's continue in the

light hearted way in which the topic started.

There is no such thing here as a stupid question but there are

indeed very many unnecessary ones.

Totally agree with you Nick. Just had to let some steam out. After having a few Tapas and a nice glass of red, I feel normal again. 

By the way, in our little town, Castalla, we have a yearly "Tapas-round". That means we can vistit about 40 restaurants and have Tapas and a glass of wine/beer/refreshments for €2. Hope you don´t mind me linking to a site. Guess I will have a few Tapas the next weeks.  :P 

http://www.eurotourguide.com/en/costa-blanca-south/events-calendar/castalla-tapas-route

Sorry but this is what my friend Mark and closest neighbor (a Scotsman) will serve during this month.

It's that time of year again where Glenns Castalla take part in the "RUTA DE TAPA "It begins this coming Friday 6th of November until the 29th. Come in & try our delicious tapas. This year will be TANDOORI CHICKEN WRAP WITH MANGO SALSA or SMOKED MACKERAL FISH CAKE.

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Every day I read several postings about "wnen will this or that scenery be released for P3D v3", "will this or that scenery be released for P3D v3 before end of november, before christmas"!!!! JV has clerarly stated that NO release dates will be published!!!  :banghead:

What´s the matter with you guys, can´t you read or don´t you understand the written word? I have allways seen "FS-pilots" as bright and clever people but seems I have to to reevaluate my opinion. But on the other hand, who cares about what an old Swedish goat in Spain thinks!  :D

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Whats the matter with you today JJJ? why so grumpy

Is'nt the sun always shining in Spain

Cheers from sunny Norway

As you will see, I have moved this to the Pilot's lounge.

It is good to let off steam sometimes, let's continue in the

light hearted way in which the topic started.

Nick, were you ever working for the FCO in a former life :lol: ? 

A mistake made by all the honorable posters above in this thread is to think that the act of posting shows a will to get or give information. It is not so.  I reckon a lot of  people post just to participate to the show. Reading FAQ, announcements,  "post outlining the "it will be released when its ready" policy", you kidding right ?

I reply just to be in show sometimes Dominique. Especially if I can reply using a bit of sarcasm. But this topic has been done to death. Like death and taxes there's no stopping the 'When will Bum-Bum Egypt" be released posts. I read them but have learned to hold off replies anymore. But your last reply deserved a reply from a 'just participating' guy.

Noel

When I was in the Navy we were able to visit Rota Spain a few times. Loved going out on the local town there to have the tapas and a glass of red. Didn't have much money then, being an enlisted serviceman, but it was affordable in small quantities and it was a lot of fun. Would love to go do that again someday.

I was an Air Force Instructor for several years while in the military.  Like Nick said, "There's no such thing as a stupid question."

However, we usually amended that by adding, "...But there are a lot of Inquisitive Idiots."

^-^

I don't post that often, but you guys are cracking me up!   :lol:   From the grumpy to the light hearted I have to agree with you all.  I look at it this way, look at all the new simmers that are coming onboard!  Surely, after asking "is it ready yet" the first time a poster has learned not to do it again, right?  All these types of posts are from new customer!     LOL

ps   Jack, thanks for that link   Wonderful stuff.

Archived