182 lovers, we have a new plane coming!

Kilstorm

Yeah!

And a top quality one! :D I was hoping this would be their next product, actually it's quite a logical progression (although the folks rooting for a Bonanza will be disappointed, and I do hope they get round to modeling one soon). Plus, they promised to incorporate the F1 GTN 650/750 in it, so it's going to be a perfect VFR and IFR toy for us...

Thanks for the heads-up!

Tym

This should be an excellent release, took me by surprise too, I was expecting a V-35....but this 182 will be an excellent choices, a perfect choice for FTX given the 182's excellent bush flying capabilities.  Scott said they would look into potentially adding Tundra tires after it's released.  Since the 182 is such a robust airframe, there are lots of potential variations for later as well...ie turbo, RG, aero-diesel, floats, not to mention various STC mods.

Cheers

TJ

Like the combination of A2A accu-feel and attention to accurate detail plus the added range.  Now if I could just learn to control the A2A yaw and roll, which they swear it accurate.

And support for Mindstar and F1GTN, would be uber great if they would take that add update the c172 and PA28 for those.

Took me by surprise to see them do a 182, and not in a good way. I thought they'd do something completely different.

I work with 172's and 182's every day so it's all a bit been there done that.

I'm itching for a new spiffy rendition of a B58

I agree I'm a bit disappointed too. They certainly bring out a perfect airplane, but having their C172 I don't see any reason to buy the C182 as they are so similar! OK, the C182 might have more power and a prop lever, but not enough to gain my personal interest in it. However nice for all the C182 lovers and those those who have flown the C182 in real life where they certainly see a lot more difference than I can in FSX.

As much as I like the C182 (C172 being too slow), it sure would be fun if they went for something even more powerful like a C206 or C210.

I wouldn't mind them doing a retor aircraft either, like a DC-3 or 4, Beech 18, Loockheed L-10 etc.

In fact, anything from A2A is pretty much welcomed :). They even made me like flying a Cub in the sim!

One thing to look forward to with the 182, now all those backwoods strips in FTX land are really accessible with an accusimed plane.  Hopefully A2A will consider selling full bush pack expansion later (Tundra, Amphib, STOL kit...etc)

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBZxhueV6Gg

I mean sure, in the sim, we do the kind of flying that would get us arrested,, maimed, killed, or just plain empty our bank accounts in the real world....ie plunking a P-40 into Quintin Lodge lol....the 182 would be a much more 'realistic' plane for such an endeavor lol.

Well, the 182 probably isn't the most exciting plane around, but A2A's "progression" seems quite logical to me. Bear in mind they go way deeper into system/engine modeling than other developers, and they openly admit they're learning in the process.

They started with a basic high-wing trainer (172), then did a low-wing one (Cherokee). Now they're going for a constant-speed prop, and they've had to code their own MP/RPM logic to bypass FSX's simplistic one. So the next logical step (spring 2015 ;)?) would be to do a low-wing model and add retractable gear. Considering the fact that Scott owns a Comanche, and that they've already modeled some of the avionics (including the S-TEC autopilot) for the Cherokee, that would be a safe bet. Some time ago, they shared some pictures showing detailed measurements being taken of a Seminole, so they're on their way to more advanced planes. But, I do appreciate it that they're taking the time to model things properly (and I mean properly ;)), including fully working avionics.

And they do have a thing for Pipers, so it's just a matter of time, Don ;) I've been lurking the BP forum for quite some time, and I know your sentiments, but do we really have that many Cessnas that are worth anything? I've given up trying to make most of them work, and this includes my absolutely favorite real-world plane (the 210). I guess I'm not the only one who tried to fix it and gave up (say hello to Glenn for me ;)).

Tym

I sure wish someone would build one as you well know. It hasn't been built properly yet (X-Plane has one! :( ). I agree with you in the fact that newer models are usually better than the last models. However, using that, approach, they would never go on to build new models if they keep on improving the old. I had many hours in a r/w 210. I totally agree with you on that too! Well, I'll just keep the fingers crossed. Maybe one day!

Don

Just got my new baby and what a smashing bit of kit it is too. I loved the 172 but this beats it hands down. Spent yesterday evening setting my FSUIPC profile for it, including 'fixing' the slow pitch trim.

All in all, I'm a very happy bunny.

Congratulations A2A, brilliant job.

Archived