PA28 X Country

D0S

This afternoon I took a simple 30 minute cross country in A2A's Cherokee from Taupo to Whakatane. The highly detailed aircraft coupled with the new RadeonPro tool profile I've set up for my ATI graphics card made for a smooth and enjoyable virtual flight!

3peZsX7.jpg

hU3JMb8.jpg

9qUWtuv.jpg

3MGkRyj.jpg

TBJLuZa.jpg

0UCMSm7.jpg

B3n4wP4.jpg

t8llpWe.jpg

nbtm80H.jpg

ClOzXl4.jpg

sJHlGTB.jpg

BR7yGNh.jpg

AEw0jTI.jpg

YRyIDkE.jpg

Thanks for the kind words everyone! It's great after months of continuous tweaking to finally be satisfied with the simulator output results. I'll think I'll hide my .CFG files now and try and not mess with them untill at least the beginning of July! :P

Hi Andy,

Great shots mate, what's this Radeon Pro' tool, is this included in the latest 14.4 driver?

Cheers,

I'm not sure actually. I'm running the 12.104 ATI drivers from 2013. The RadeonPro is available free to download here, and overrides the CCC settings as far as I can figure out!

I think the Cherokee is a pretty ugly looking thing (compared to a C172) but A2A did a superb job on it - and I love it!

Does this mean we might be seeing some Ardmore based PA28's popping up on Aussiex then Adam...?

Does this mean we might be seeing some Ardmore based PA28's popping up on Aussiex then Adam...?

Funnily enough ... I went to the D-Day display there yesterday and took a special interest in anything vaguely Piper. In the end, I settled for watching the amazing display. $15 to see all those Warbirds is such an amazing deal!

I really need to walk around a parked aircraft to get all the decals etc. in high definition. I think a separate trip to Ardmore may be on the cards! It'd be great to have an NZ livery for what I'm sure will be a hugely popular FSX add-on.

Adam.

Funnily enough ... I went to the D-Day display there yesterday and took a special interest in anything vaguely Piper. In the end, I settled for watching the amazing display. $15 to see all those Warbirds is such an amazing deal!

I really need to walk around a parked aircraft to get all the decals etc. in high definition. I think a separate trip to Ardmore may be on the cards! It'd be great to have an NZ livery for what I'm sure will be a hugely popular FSX add-on.

Adam.

May I recommend ZK-DNE:

40184_427719343352_6800469_n.jpg

Cheers guys- looking forward to seeing some ZK- repaints on the Piper!

Do you know of a particular one you may like to have? Preferably an Ardmore or North Shore based one I could go out and photograph if necessary!

Adam.

Do you know of a particular one you may like to have? Preferably an Ardmore or North Shore based one I could go out and photograph if necessary!

Adam.

Did you see my reply on the first page with ZK-DNE? It lives outside Flightline at Ardmore and has a pretty unique musical themed paintjob!

Did you see my reply on the first page with ZK-DNE? It lives outside Flightline at Ardmore and has a pretty unique musical themed paintjob!

Wow! How did I miss that? Could be fun to do that one! Any other "more traditional" ones down that that you know of that I could take in on a trip down there?

Adam.

Wow! How did I miss that? Could be fun to do that one! Any other "more traditional" ones down that that you know of that I could take in on a trip down there?

Adam.

There's all the ex Massey blue PA28's, ZK-MBK is now on line with the Auckland Aero Club, and I'm sure one of the instructors would let you have a nosey over it if you asked at the front desk.

Piper-PA-28-161-ZK-MBK-2-800x538.jpg

I don't know if you've seen this: Kiwi P28

Just finished an Aussie one too. VH-SGW

Good on ya Ron! ZK-FSP's owner famously runs Forest Field aerodrome, an airfield just outside Christchurch. Thanks for the heads up on the repaint!

Archived