Dashing the Horizon from Portland to Santa Rosa

moonman

… on an early morning flight. which i had undertaken a few weeks back (from the private FSX-archive so to speak).

Everyone, please enjoy!

Cheers, Christoph

Parked at KPDX, awaiting our passengers

bO3p.jpg

… one slightly „enlightened“ and post-edited shot here below, trying to capture the sunlight of early spring at one of these days where the weather does not yet know if it should make way for the sun - or let the rain pour down instead

Y95o3.jpg

… soon getting through the clouds anyways

6S9iP.jpg

iUcHw.jpg

… closer to California now already – and the weather getting better and better

0PC2T.jpg

… a „close-up“ just prior to our top of descent here

i9kG.jpg

… descending

SVBG.jpg

… and into the approach towards RW 32 of KSTS

nF1TV.jpg

… flying a hold as depicted by the chart for the ILS approach of KSTS’s RW 32 (not using any ATC this time). Really loving the many autogen houses here by the way! Nice!

qAbB7.jpg

QJGij.jpg

… one passenger‘s view

uJjYR.jpg

… GS captured, runway in sight - time to disengage the AP and go for a manual landing

Gtdcq.jpg

YDXK9.jpg

Welcome to Santa Rosa / Sanoma County

iOE5G.jpg

Nice set mate....really like the approach shots...i cant land the thing worth a damn,,either sink it into the deck..or if i keep the speed up i end up to fast and have to go around..i gave up !!!

That isn´t a Dash, that is a Beaver, can´t you read?!

Always difficult to let this bird understand the VNAV path for descending, it looks like you did it manually? And a nice preparation for the go-around. Therefore... special thanks for the cockpit shots!

Great to read that You like this set!

Thank You very much everyone for Your replies!

Really appreciated!

Thank You!

Always a joy to share some shots with You here and receive feedback!

Cheers, Christoph

Nice set mate....really like the approach shots...i cant land the thing worth a damn,,either sink it into the deck..or if i keep the speed up i end up to fast and have to go around..i gave up !!!

Hi Stu!

The Dash may be a bit of a challange to land indeed, but to summarize some of the little knowledge i gained about handling this bird properly, the deal is to touch down almost without flaring - it's really a bit like literally sinking it into the ground.

I think that the "speedcards" which are being deliverd by Majestic (and if i recall correctly they can also be found at their support-website) are a great reference for setting up Vref properly and then, well, then - making a longer story short - just put it down on the tarmac so to speak ;) !

Cheers, Christoph

That isn´t a Dash, that is a Beaver, can´t you read?!

Always difficult to let this bird understand the VNAV path for descending, it looks like you did it manually? And a nice preparation for the go-around. Therefore... special thanks for the cockpit shots!

Hi Gerold!

VNAV "guides" You to a certain altitude at one specific point (let's say an altitude constraint at a specific navpoint) and after that it may be a better choice to change into V/S and then "tune it all" just as required to handle Your way from one point and altitude to another while on approach.

I can just very highly recommend to read trough this superb and really informative thread here at AVSIM (especially Post #1, #15) regarding setting up proper descents in the Dash:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/405850-quick-little-tutorial-for-those-in-trouble-with-vnav-descents/?p=2651520

And the landing in the end was indeed done manually and worked without any issues - which certainly was not the case when i first got myself acquainted with this great bird quite some time back by now ;):lol:

Cheers, Christoph

P.S.: Mentioning this just in case, but the "airlne2sim" trainingvideos for the Dash seem to be very promising and informative ... i hope to get my hands on them rather sooner than later now - just have to wait until my CC is recharged again ... :unsure:

P.P.S.: The great livery in use here above is available via OZx, where it is kindly provided by "robnewman76"

Archived