More from my DX10 Hangar

Adam Banks

I've been accused of "driving under the influence of DX10", so I won't say anything more about it, lest it's construed as HYPE ...

No comment - let the pics do the talking:

The new livery'd Qantas 777 (PMDG) looking almost handsome. I still prefer the looks of the 737.
dx10_19_199_1280.jpg

Carenado this time. A superb add-on, but has to compete with so many other "beauties" in the hangar. Shame!
dx10_20_629_1280.jpg

dx10_21_610_1280.jpg

Bae 146 pretending to be a Harrier!
dx10_24_914_1280.jpg

... plus ... more pics added to the "Eye Candy" topic here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/65152-dx10-eye-candy/#entry599225

Adam.

Great DX10-shots Adam - i love the shape of the 777 ... really have to get my rig DX10 ready.

I want to fly this beauty and touch down without running into an OOM just a few seconds before taxiing to the gate as it happened recently at one of my testflights (DX9 still) - ... i hate when something like this happens!

But - back to topic:

Super shots Adam!

I want to fly this beauty and touch down without running into an OOM just a few seconds before taxiing to the gate just as it happened recently at one of my testflights (DX9 stil) - i hate when something like this happens!

I have to say OOMs after long flights in real time were beginning to drive me mad. I'd been fine for so long, then they caught up with me. As far as I could tell, I hadn't changed anything (yeah, right!). It's possible that the ever-evolving OPUS was starting to make a larger resource footprint than before ... who knows.

I always knew DX10 shifted resources away from the CPU onto the GFX hardware, so that was the primary reason for me trying the fix. Despite being able to ramp up my settings a bit, I've had no OOMs - as yet :)

Thanks for the nice comments, folks - though to be honest, the better pics on that "shoot" were of ZK-BSP in the "Eye Candy" topic.

Adam.

great shots Adam, the first and second are amazing.

you don't have any FPS problem with overcast weather ?

I do a bit, but the problem is that I've cranked up my GFX settings so much for the screenshots that I get pretty bad framerates anyway. Just as well I always liked slideshows :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here's the next instalment. The A2A P51 this time -on a short trip around Wanaka, ending up you-know-where!

dx10_30_42_1280.jpg

dx10_31_275_1280.jpg

dx10_32_940_1280.jpg

dx10_34_404_1280.jpg

dx10_35_787_1280.jpg

Adam.

All excellent caps apart from the last one....

....which is sheer brilliance.

Hehehehe. No prizes for guessing where it is, huh? :lol:. I must admit that when I was capturing it ... *I wanted to be in that plane!!!!*

I've been in and out of NZQN so much lately I had to add another aircraft to my hangar. If you can't guess what it is, no matter ... coming to a topic near you soon! ;)

Adam.

Right ... that's it! NO MORE spending! I have hundreds of Boeing things, so I thought I'd better give the opposition a fair crack.

This is a short hop from NZQN to Dunedin. FSX seems to think there's a drought. It's not even spring here yet :lol:

dx10_36_771_1280.jpg

dx10_37_940_1280.jpg

dx10_38_399_1280.jpg

dx10_39_426_1280.jpg

Adam.

can you tell me what kind of water-texture you use in previous set with the Mustang ?

The last pic is really 99% FTX photo-real (so no water textures visible) but if you mean the third pic (over Lake Wanaka) then that'll be my default FEX water texture. Do you have FEX, REX, FSWC ... whatever <?>.

Adam.

Hi Adam,

I use REX for changing textures.

It´s easy and works well ;)

You're out of luck then :lol: ... I switched to FEX! I've just totally changed my textures anyway (I just can't stop fiddling!).

I wanted to check that all my textures were the correct resolution - to match the texture size in fsx.cfg (2048). I also switched them from DXT5 to 32-bit for better quality (at a slight framerate hit).

Adam.

Archived