Tasmania tour part 3: Hobart to Magical Melaleuca

Stillwater

As the weekend continues, so does my Tasmania tour. After getting to Hobart yesterday ( http://www.orbxsyste...lous-freycinet/ ) it is now time to do a little city tour, followed by the escape to Tassies south coast.

Just next to YMHB the University folks are looking for alien invaders (or so), but the Maule should appear harmless...

Posted Image

Lunchtime. A stop at Cadbury´s chocolate factory would be fine... In the background we can already see the Zinc plant and a refinery at the banks of River Derwent.

Posted Image

Constituiton Dock. I wonder if flying here around Dec 28-30 would provide some AI sailboats to be spotted, to celebrate the finish of Sydney-Hobart race?

Posted Image

Some tourists drive up Mount Wellington to get this magnificent view. We do it in a different way (albeit we only get the virtual result ??? ).

Posted Image

Leaving south to Bruny Island (north airstrip just below)...

Posted Image

... and Cape Bruny, the southern tip of the island.

Posted Image

Southeast cape - the southernmost point of the Australian continent. Flying straight on would mean the next airstrip is Antarctica...

Posted Image

... but as I do not have skies, enough fuel and a warm jacket on board, I just turn west, passing Precipitous bluff ...

Posted Image

... and head for Maatsuyker Island. If we continued flying west, the next landfall would be Golfo San Mathias (I am very sure nobody has ever tried this route).

Posted Image

The easier way is turning north towards Hilliard Head (good luck the roaring 40s are quiet today) ...

Posted Image

... inland towards Bathurst harbour ...

Posted Image

... and finally to a wonderful airstrip, set up in RL by Deny King ( http://en.wikipedia....leuca,_Tasmania ), and in OZx by Barry "bazzam".

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hope you enjoy the pictures as much I did enjoy preparation, flying & hitting the V! Again, many thanks to TeeCee providing the fantastic addons to the FTX scenery.

Great set and descriptions, and thanks for reminding me about the beautiful Bruny Island, love that place and the cruises around it.

+1 - Excellent tour Gerold , well done mate .

Brad

Great set and descriptions, and thanks for reminding me about the beautiful Bruny Island, love that place and the cruises around it.

+2 - Great set again from your tour Gerold. I think i have to go there soon. ::)

A great trip, you missed Morillia Estate Winery ( Mona ) great cold climate Reds and what the with the lass in the swimsuit at the strip, whilst it has been warm in Hobart I don't think that is the attire for now. ???

A great trip, you missed Morillia Estate Winery ( Mona ) great cold climate Reds and what the with the lass in the swimsuit at the strip, whilst it has been warm in Hobart I don't think that is the attire for now. ???

Lovely to have missed out something - that makes the need to return ::) !

• 6 months later...

Hello Gerold,

I also have installed the ORBX Tasmania Scenery and all the OZx packages but my scenery looks different than yours. I haven't the big hotels and other houses in Horbart and also the small airstrip of Melaleuca is only a strip with no huts and other stuff.

Do you have other add-on sceneries than ORBX and OZx or do I use a different scenery setting than you?

I hope you can give me an answer.

Best Regards

Stefan Thomass

Hello Gerold,

I also have installed the ORBX Tasmania Scenery and all the OZx packages but my scenery looks different than yours. I haven't the big hotels and other houses in Horbart and also the small airstrip of Melaleuca is only a strip with no huts and other stuff.

Do you have other add-on sceneries than ORBX and OZx or do I use a different scenery setting than you?

Best Regards

Stefan Thomass

Stefan, in case Gerold does not see your message, just leave him the same comment in his personal mail box at the top of this page, he will sure get it and reply. Gerold, superb set and interesting information again.

Hello Gerold,

Best Regards

Stefan Thomass

Hi Stefan,

Many thanks for rediscovering my March tour. I will surely repeat this flight soon... I have added some scenery details from Terry Carr. My suggestion to get these files is dropping a personal message to TeeCee here in this forum community and ask for the Tassie stuff.

I am currently not at my computer...

By the way, as per the orbx forum rules, you should add at least one of your orbx purchase numbers to your signature.

Sure we can sort this out and add to your Tassie flying fun.

Archived