Busy Jandakot

Graham Eccleston

As some of you may know, I am very much into AI traffic in my flight simulator. In this regard, Jandakot is one I strongly recommend for AI action. These days there are very few pleasures more enjoyable than sitting in a comfy chair, glass of Chardonnay in hand, in front of my large PC screen on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon with Jandakot running. The carefully choreographed AI activity is really quite mesmerising.

Here are a few screenshots I took before the main action started.

For those interested, i have a little over 180 active AI aircraft operating out of Jandakot. Apart from the Dromaders, Nanchangs and a few helicopters, all the aircraft you see in these screenshots are AI aircraft.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I was wondering though where you got all of the AI from? Is it WOAI traffic?

There is no WOAI traffic on my system. My AI aircraft and repaints are all from various freeware sites such as Avsim and Flightsim plus the Henry Tomkiewicz single engine Cessna payware package. About 20% of the repaints at my Jandakot were done by myself and are not available elsewhere although some are included in the FTX AI traffic pack.

We are unable to use the HTAI Payware Cessnas in the FTX AI traffic pack so any repaints I have done for those aircraft are unique to my system.

Thank you Graham, I will quite often just load an airport when the PC is idle and keep an eye on the comings and goings of the AI aircraft, it's quite therapeutic. Your work really makes a pleasant day plane spotting. :)

Great shots Graham, and what a superb collection of AI aircraft for Jandakot. Great to see some past and present "Perthonality" aircraft - Chucky (VH-CUK) used to be very well known as the local traffic reporter's aircraft for a local FM radio station, C172 VH-JOK (previously owned by another radio station) with it's ridiculously loud paint job, Bill Wylie's P-51 Mustang VH-FST, the Rottnest Air Taxis and the local 412 rescue choppers. Not to mention the large Singapore Training College (C172/B58), old China Southern (Senecas) and Royal Aero Club (C152/C172/Mooney) fleets. Also nice to see the old ECU C172RG "Gutless Cutlass" - I have a bit of a soft spot for this particular plane, having had more than a few memorable flights in this aircraft.

Cheers

Jarrad

Archived