This trailer commemorates the release of the last airports of the PNW region (NA Blue) before we move on to other FTX regions for good. It also provides a retrospective to all the airports that were released for this region so far.

Thanks to Alex Goff for the idea and for picking the music. ;)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P72fkvzraG4&hd=1

Top class vid there indeed Patrick, it shows how far we have come in such a short time really to become a frst class team that is Orbx and long may it prosper and i know it will with the cream of the crop here.

cheers

Iain

Patrick.

I really love all your videos, but this one beats them all. Serriously great to watch, I wish I was here from the beginning!

But I really must strongly disagree with that second last comment 'The PNW experience is concluded'. Now cmon just because Orbx has finished developing for it, doesn't mean it's all over! Everyone (including me) will continue purchasing PNW airstrips and flying in them for many years to come. Yes it said the FTX experience has just begun, but the PNW experience is anything but concluded!

I'm working on a PNW video as well by the way!

cheers, Misha

For everyone at Orbx; the devs, JV, Jay and all. You must all be very proud to have come this far. And seeing it in this video, you realise just how much hard work, passion, dedication, blood, sweat and tears has gone into all of this over the past couple of years.

This is your standing ovation guys... hats off to you all! :)

A thing of beauty. Greatest FSX movie I've ever seen. It's a tribute to the FTX developers and to a region of amazing airports that has set a high standard of excellence.

Now let's see what FTX can accomplish with North CA. I'm sure it will be mind blowing!

This trailer commemorates the release of the last airports of the PNW region (NA Blue) before we move on to other FTX regions for good. It also provides a retrospective to all the airports that were released for this region so far.

Thanks to Alex Goff for the idea and for picking the music. ;)

Great video! May I ask what your water settings are? they look amazing!

Hey, great video - the detail is amazing. I have recently bought all of the Australian airports and can't wait to see what you do with Queenstown and Milford Sound in New Zealand.

Keep up the great work!

I'm lost for words... It's so nicely put together that the word 'brilliant' is an understatement.

Dear ORBX team, you've accomplished so much more than I thought was possible. I'm looking at what has been done and made these two years, and I can't help but think: what does the future hold? Whatever it is, count me in.

May I ask what your water settings are? they look amazing!

+1

What a great video. It is exciting to know that as I watched it I could say "I have personnally been to almost all those places in FSX.

Look forward to the next adventure.

Thanks,

Carl

What a perfect video Patrick, and captures what makes flying in Orbx scenery special. This will be the video that I share with anyone who gets into flight simming :) An amazing accomplishment by JV, Orbx developers, and staff. I hope to see the day that the entire U.S. gets the Orbx treatment, but I'm patient.

Thank you everybody! Much appreciated!

But I really must strongly disagree with that second last comment 'The PNW experience is concluded'. Now cmon just because Orbx has finished developing for it, doesn't mean it's all over! Everyone (including me) will continue purchasing PNW airstrips and flying in them for many years to come. Yes it said the FTX experience has just begun, but the PNW experience is anything but concluded!

It's concluded in the sense like a movie is being wrapped up or a book finished writing. Monroe, Cresswell and Swanson will be the last orbx airports for the PNW region. After that airport development will shift to other regions (Pacific Fjords, Rocky Mountains (NRM/CRM), New Zealand etc.). Of course nothing will stop people from coming back to the region over and over, just like you can come back to a movie or a book over and over. But development is concluded, that's what I meant. ;)

Great video! May I ask what your water settings are? they look amazing!

Phew...good question. I just hit the REX Random button every so often and inject into the sim what it spits out, without checking which sets it actually picked. I'm afraid I don't know what I used when I made the video. I think I used the "Paul's Favorite Settings" options from the FS Water Configurator, though.

I, too, am curious the PC specs and all the settings used for this video.

Before I tell you the settings and specs you should be aware of the fact that most FSX video producers, including me, use a little trick to make their videos look as smooth as that. It's necessary to compensate for the tremendous hit in framerate that the capturing software (Fraps in this case) causes. As soon as Fraps starts capturing the framerate drops by 30-50% depending on the system. To make up for that we let the sim run at half speed while capturing the footage, and double the speed of the recordings later on during editing, which then results in smooth videos. The caveat is that the video shows a marginally higher performance than we actually get in the sim. For example. If the normal framerate of a scene is 25fps, it would drop down to maybe 16fps while recording (roughly a 30% drop). But then this framerate is doubled to 32fps during editing (capped at 30fps for the video), so the effective framerate in the video would be 5fps higher than what I would actually get in the sim. Keep that in mind. And of course every system is different. My settings might not work well for yours.

You can see my system specs at the bottom of my signature below. The settings are pretty straight forward. Most importantly: I use no tweaks, except one (the himemfix). They do more harm than good on my system (flashing texture tiles etc.). I limit the sim to 30 fps with the nvidia frame rate limiter that they included with the 295 driver and that you can control with the nvidia Inspector tool. Here are the in-game settings:

http://img821.images.../settings1w.jpg

http://img594.images.../settings2a.jpg

http://img825.images...2/settings3.jpg

http://img534.images...6/settings4.jpg

http://img27.imagesh.../settings5l.jpg

... WOW - 'finally found some time to fully watch and enjoy this wonderful 4:49 minutes of Video-art at once and in one piece!

Nearly breath- and speechless now!

Fantastic and wonderful work - almost magical! Also really like "the ending" of this fantasic little movie very much ... or: This "Once again - a great beginning" ... ;) !

In anyways:

Thoroughly great work!

Thank You very much for sharing!

Archived