Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About shortspecialbus

  • Birthday 01/08/1981

Profile Information

  • Gender:
  • Location:

Contact Methods

  • Jabber

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

shortspecialbus's Achievements

Senior Member

Senior Member (4/6)



  1. I'd be partial to ORBX-quality renditions of Merrill Pass and Lake Clark Pass, maybe the Big Su up to Talkeetna as well. -stefan
  2. I own it for both. If I'm not doing VR, I use P3Dv4 exclusively. If I'm doing VR, I do AFS2 about 90% of the time (the remaining 10% is P3Dv4 in VR trying to tweak things to stop giving me a damn headache due to some very odd flicker I can't seem to get rid of.) The short answer is that it's astonishingly good in both sims. If you really want SkyForce, then get it for P3D. If you want what I consider better VR with it, get it for AFS2. I know budget is a real thing but there's really nothing preventing you from getting it for one now and then the other later - if you mostly do VR I'd say AFS2 now and P3D down the road when VR for it has improved more. But honestly the whole thing falls down hard on personal choice for you and you're not going to be disappointed with either option. -stefan
  3. That e-mail tricked me too! I luckily thought to check the 'Release Announcements' forum before I spent too much time trying to find the fabled KSAN v2 -stefan
  4. That is neat! What airports, if that's been mentioned? Is there a topic with this in there somewhere? I love flying in NZ and would be thrilled to have more airports so I'm fishing for information here -stefan
  5. I use Chrono Download Manager (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/chrono-download-manager/mciiogijehkdemklbdcbfkefimifhecn?hl=en). It works fairly well, but there's probably better out there. I'm interested in what others bring up, honestly. -stefan
  6. I suspect his rationale isn't because the bittorrent protocol in itself is a particularly big security risk - the problem is that a huge amount of what people use torrents for is questionable content that often comes with malware or worse. It's never a bad security decision to block bittorrent ports on your firewall or whatever, but it's not inherently unsafe if the source of the torrent (ORBX in this case) is trusted. I'm not going to claim that bittorrent protocol is flawless, but then again neither is openssl. I personally do not think you need to be worried about security of using ORBX torrents. I'd be happy to do it myself if I didn't have shit internet. Source - I'm a professional linux sysadmin for a large university. I'm not saying you should listen to me over your son or anything of the sort, but I do think there may be a misunderstanding of the inherent risks of Bittorrent as a protocol when the torrent and tracker are hosted by a trusted party (read: ORBX.) -stefan
  7. So long as it's optional, and ideally opt-in (and throttleable), it's a great idea! Windows 10 unfortunately made it opt-out and the setting doesn't always work either, so my slow country internet is occasionally unusable as one of my desktops tries to serve files to the world. -stefan
  8. I don't think you're going to get even a hint of a release date from the devs. I'm pretty happy with EU England but I also bought it at release. It's come a long way since then. -stefan
  9. I really wish there was a high-quality Supercub for P3D I've been pestering A2A for years but they're busy with other stuff. -stefan
  10. I suspect there's both a datasource problem as well as a small market for the Caribbean. As for Hawaii, I know Hawaii has datasource problems, even Megascenery released it for free because they couldn't find satellite data that wasn't full of clouds. It's not ORBX but the FSDT airports for Hawaii are pretty decent, and as far as I know, since ORBX doesn't have anything there, I'm not advertising a competitor. -stefan
  11. The Carribbean in general is underserved with actual quality sceneries. FlyTampa has TNCM and Grenadines, but Grenadines doesn't work in P3Dv4 and I don't think they intend to port it. I would be first in line to buy ORBX TrueEarth Caribbean (or even a normal FTX region)! -stefan
  12. It should be noted that the "Dynamic 3D Autogen Vegation" should *never* be checked unless you like weird looking discolored trees that frequently hammer your FPS -stefan
  13. I'm going to hold out for lawnmowers that do real-time grass cutting at ORBX airports. -stefan
  14. Apologies - I haven't forgotten this. The weather has finally turned nice after an endless Midwestern winter, so I've been outside most of the time. I still intend to follow up on this. -stefan
  15. Ok. I will do some testing as soon as I have a chance and try to figure out what is going on here. As far as I can tell, this is the only airport that seems to be affected, which is good. -stefan
  • Create New...