B-Sides and Rarities [Anacortes 74S Preview Part Three]

G'day all,

As we pull into the final stretch with Anacortes, I thought I would share some impressions from the "other" areas of Anacortes. After focusing on the airport in part one and the surrounding scenery in part two, this final batch shows the five other landing areas included in the package. On top of the those already advertised (Allan Island private airstrip, Burrows Island Helipad & 21H Skyline water runway), I've managed to squeeze in enough time to include two final landing areas that fall within the PR coverage area: Island Hospital Heliport (WA02) and Becker's Landing (WN18). Please note that Becker's Landing has been created to sit halfway between the quality of a full-blown airport such as 74S, and a typical upgraded airfield you may find elsewhere in FTX PNW.

An interesting side story regarding Allan Island: the island was purchased by Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen in 1992, but since 2005 he has been trying to sell it (without any luck). Incidentally, the island is not actually named after Allen, but after a local WWII navy hero.

Enjoy!

Jarrad

Posted Image

Posted Image

ALLAN ISLAND PRIVATE AIRSTRIP

Posted Image

BURROWS ISLAND HELIPAD

Posted Image

WA02 ISLAND HOSPITAL HELIPORT

Posted Image

WA02 ISLAND HOSPITAL HELIPORT

Posted Image

WN18 BECKER'S LANDING

Posted Image

Posted Image

21H SKYLINE WATER LANDING

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is amazing... i prepayed and can´t wat for it to be released - Thank You very much or this already great and fantastically looking masterpiece of "scenerydesign"...

i just dont know if i will ever fly there or just walk around there, as this looks all to wonderfully real! ;):) Great!

fantastic stuff! I think I might have to learn to fly a heli... and I'm not that much into heli's ... I was just thinking that I wouldn't mind getting into some iron flying but after this I'm thinking who needs iron, just give me a good ga and bush plane and I'm good. This is perfect for the Islander...

Guest J van E

I am absolutely flabbergasted! That looks awesome! :)

Really like that signpost too, haha! :P

P.S. Also love the topic title! ;)

I was looking on the net when I came across a video on MSN about an Island in the San Yuan's called Allen Island for sale. It was on the forbes website for 10,000,000 american dollars. All I can say is that Lotto Max is 50,000,000 this friday mmm....

Thanks everyone, edging closer to release by the day..

Wow, this looks like a lot of detail! How FPS friendly is it and what system are you testing FPS on?

I have recently updated my system, so I run a pretty substantial rig at the moment, but the feedback from all our testers so far has unanimously come back as very positive. Hugh and I were both worried about having two detailed airports together in such close proximity, however I can happily report that the team is very happy with performance from both 74S and nearby KBVS.

Just a heads up... The Orbx airport sign post has a typo... Concrete is not spelled right. Do I win a prize?! ;)

Nicely spotted sir, no prizes unfortunately as my lack of spelling is a fairly well-known entity! Unfortunately for me, Photoshop does not have an auto-spell function :lol:

Is this SportsFlow, does he shoot a hoop? :)

Both the hoops players and tennis champs are static-only, though they are seasonally dependent using ObjectFlow technology. For example, you won't see them out there trying their luck in the middle of January; they prefer the more balmy weather during the summer and spring months.

Cheers, and thanks again for the nice feedback.

Jarrad

Guys, you realize now every pilot who flies for fun and/or performance is going to fly UNDER both spans of the Deception Pass Bridge?

I wonder how long before a FSX Mission of flying UNDER both spans of the Deception + the Duane Berentson Bridge... and an air race around Fidalgo Island?

Where is the Coastguard A109 from?

I would guess that this is the new "Nemeth Design" AugustaWestland AW109. I would love to fly that beauty, but as far as I know you need FSX Acc to run it and I only have SP2...

Regards,

Chris

Archived