Not Just the Airport [Anacortes 74S Preview Part Two]

Thank you to everyone for the wonderful feedback on Anacortes so far, I'm getting quite excited as we edge closer to finishing this product off.

Having slugged my way through the autogen annotation process, I thought I would showcase Anacortes from a slightly different angle. With a very large area of 60cm ground imagery (including the whole of the City of Anacortes), there are many scenic hide-aways to explore in your favourite GA or helicopter. I don't want to give away all the hidden bays, quiet hamlets and rugged coastline in these shots, but I hope these shots demonstrate that 74S is not just an airport scenery.

Enjoy!

Jarrad

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My goodness... This is becoming one of the best yet, that's for sure! This is exactly the kind of addon scenery I love (with a city nearby and other things happening: I am not that much into airports that mainly (or only) have nature surrounding it). Awesome!

Please... HURRY! ;) You sold one copy already. :P

Posted Image

Love the feel of depth of the water in this shot. That sportfish boat actually looks like it is floating on the water along with many other boats and objects in this shot.

Also the coast line in the first shot looks amazing. The trailer park in another shot and all the detail in the powerplant...this is just a piece of art well outside the airport!

this is just a piece of art well outside the airport!

Wow, is an airport included too in this scenery...?!? Awesome!

Just kidding, of course, but I have to say you can't call this an addon airport, really... it's an addon region-within-a-region...! Just like most other Orbx-airports! Orbx should consider renaming their airport-products because simply calling these addons 'airport' isn't doing them justice at all...!!! (Honestly, not kidding here!)

Thank you all again for the very encouraging feedback, and thanks to everyone who has pre-paid already, very much appreciated!

which REX water textures do you have?

I've had a few different requests for these, so I've taken a quick screenshot of my REX settings. I have essentially kept the same cloud/water/sky combo for a long time now, and is generally the one I use in all my promotional screenshots (including both 74S sets, and most of my YBCS shots from last year). Please also note that I don't modify my water textures any further than REX, ie I don't use FSWC.

Cheers

post-144-0-79987100-1316967714_thumb.jpg

Archived