Welcome to Anacortes! [Warning: 22 Screenshots]

G'day everyone,

In anticipation of the first beta for 74S Anacortes (which will be going out to our beta testers shortly), I thought I should whet everyone's appetite with some shots of the airport and scenery.

Enjoy!

Posted Image

FEATURES

- Ultra-detailed modelling and textures for Anacortes Airport (74S)

- All 3D models include baked ambient occlusion

- Six highly-detailed custom static aircraft (note: the screenshots of 74S airport below do not include any user or AI aircraft - these are statics included with the scenery)

- 60cm coverage for city of Anacortes, Anacortes Refinery, Deception Pass State Park, Allan and Burrows Islands

- 15cm/custom ground poly (FSX native) for 74S Airport

- Auxiliary landing areas nearby: Burrows Island Lighthouse Helipad, Allan Island private airstrip, 21H Skyline water landing

- City of Anacortes and detailed refinery area included

- Ultra-detailed Deception Pass Bridge (specifically for your low-flying adventures!)

- Seamless integration with Hugh Johnston's upcoming Skagit Regional Airport (KBVS)

COVERAGE

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cheers,

Jarrad

Great place and i like the idea of a scenery that includes some other parts here and there.

In the futur, if you can add a bunch of PeopleFlow, i don't know, in the refinery, on the bridge, 1 or 2 in the private airstrip,

that the kind of thing i would like !

Dom

G'day everyone,

In anticipation of the first beta for 74S Anacortes (which will be going out to our beta testers shortly), I thought I should whet everyone's appetite with some shots of the airport and scenery.

Enjoy!

... i have some great appetite now -

WOW!!!!! Really looking perfect!!!!!! SUPER!!!!!!!

and indeed:

Outstanding! I just love every single piece of this scenery already! And that bridge.... just WOW!

+1

+1 from me as well

Hi Jarrad......in Cairns you did a hell of a Job! (Terrific!! you now what I mean right?)That location got me captivated.

So I really think that This Ana Cortes is going to be an awesome job of you!

Congrats and thanks to give us such nice airports/areas to fly.

Thank you all for the lovely feedback, I am extremely flattered at the positive response so far :)

After working on such a large-scope project on Cairns (and having to be oh-so-very careful about poly & texture efficiency), it's nice to have a smaller palette to work with this time around. I really enjoy getting my teeth stuck into detailed modelling (such as the bridge or static aircraft), and with the performance benefits enabled with the use of TextureFlow, I'm getting excellent performance all round.

In the futur, if you can add a bunch of PeopleFlow, i don't know, in the refinery, on the bridge, 1 or 2 in the private airstrip,

I'm sure I can whip that up for you Dom :)

Question : wich REX water texture is activated on those screens ?

My personal favourite (and was also used in all my promo shots for Cairns) is "Clear Lake", to be honest I haven't ever used FSWC as I'm more than happy with the results I get from REX.

Thanks again!

Jarrad

To become a beta tester you simply have to ask, be prepared to sign an NDA, commit to regular, consistent, solid, quality testing and be prepared to be beaten up by me with a big stick when you don't test.

Because of my very strict conditions on testing our testing team is understandably small. I know testing is voluntary but at the same time we do expect solid testing from people who put their hand up.

So think very long and hard before volunteering to be an Orbx tester - we run a different ship to most other developers :)

Archived