This Week's Meaningless Topic (#201)(July 10)

Hi all. I don't know if this is true in all the countries represented in this forum, but young people here in America have adopted tattoos wholeheartedly. Arms and legs and probably other body parts are covered with multicolored designs. I have to admit being old-fashioned. Seeing someone covered with tattoos seems strange to me. And that leads to this week's topic.

THIS WEEK'S MEANINGLESS TOPIC:  Do you have a tattoo? How do you react to the modern tendency to have a lot of them?

• Like 2

Hello Rodger,
I have none, my three daughters all have some and my son has one, which he says he regrets.
There is someone at work who is covered from head to foot, including his face and head.
I must confess to being a little puzzled as to why someone who, shall we say, clearly does not
look after their body, wants to decorate it with tattoos, but my view is that anyone can do anything
they want to their body and it is no one's business but theirs. 

• Upvote 3

I myself don't have any but my daughter Ayiesha has a few.

Here is one I got her for her birthday a couple of years ago by a man who travels the world doing tattoo for people. 

cheers

Iain

IMG-20200825-WA0000.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I have a few, but I got them all when in the Army, it was common back then.....my grown up children all have a few....when I went for my first interview after leaving the military I was concerned and wore a long sleeved shirt to my first interview as they were still frowned upon then, the guy interviewing me was ex forces, from RN Submarines he was covered....I got the job....mine are from different postings I had including a pub in Gibraltar (bit dodgy when I think about it)...I don't mind tattoos and don't find them offensive or anything, it's up to the individual I think....

41 minutes ago, adambar said:

Yes, but it wasn't from a tattoo artist it was from a baseball bat to the noggin by accident when I was a kid. 😁

I hope I am okay to laugh?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Does three little dots on my abdomen count?  They put them there in preparation for radiation therapy for prostate cancer to line up the equipment.  They also implanted a couple of gold pellets which I'm sure greatly increases my net worth.

As a Navy vet with over 20 years service, I'm used to sailors decorated with anchors, scrolls saying "Mom" or the name of some girl.  Never appealed to me, but I respect the tradition.  Today's trend of covering the body with tattoos is mystifying to me, and I don't find it particularly attractive. But as Nick says, it's none of my business.  

Ken

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I don't have any but my daughter and son-in -law and one of my sons have.

I don't know why attractive young girls have them, I personally 

feel it makes them look less attractive, but that's me. Even a 56yo

like me can be an old fashioned fart .:huh:

cheers

Gumby

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I don't like them, particularly the modern trend of more tats than bare skin. My oldest daughter is gradually going down this path. I keep telling her that they are for ever but it's falling on deaf ears. And they're not cheap!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I don't have any and I don't want any. I'll never understand why anybody wants one. If God wanted us to have tattoos we'd have been born with them. I wonder how the good-looking babes are going to feel about the ones they have when they're 80-years old.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4