Do you know what this means...?

12 hours ago, gumbypickett said:

I thought it was, it's ok to look out the window.:huh:

cheers

Gumby

An interesting view out of this window. But confusing, at least with many functions.

1 hour ago, renault said:

Hi Gerold,

It's  a bit like riding a bike.  The basic skills are fine on your side,  just practice a bit working out where all the controls are.

Enjoy!

Cheers

Pete

Oh yes Pete, finding out where (and how!) MS has hidden all these controls is the first task.

1 hour ago, wain71 said:

oh Gerold, what have you done?...best of luck learning the new sim, and by the way to wonderful shots...

Let´s see if it can be more to my humble brain than just being optically impressive.

Dealing with the controls is the first thing.

Next I got to get back to what I am used to: ground services (surely GSX), air traffic (open), sea traffic (are Henriks ships ported?). ATC will probably become PRO-ATC/X again. And then we are at REAL airplanes up to jetliners...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jean marc said:

Fantastic Gerold !! Many happy flights nextly this great msfs - everywhere in the world like in Orbx True Earth ....and many many great addons on Flightsim.to  😀

Merci Jean Marc! I have got so much to learn - and to discover. Feel like a total Newbie!

16 minutes ago, boetie said:

Woohooo, you’ve done it! And a nice system to go with it. Enjoy the new learnings Gerold.

Cheers

Graeme :)

Thanks Graeme. That is not a learning curve, it is a mountain...

After 2 years of nearly no purchase for flight sim (there was nearly nothing for P3D) I had built up the budget for my new machine.

14 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Next I got to get back to what I am used to

So we can expect some interesting routes presenting the entire flight plan and all waypoints Gerold! 🙂

You will have scenery all around the world but of course the updated areas are best. And this creates a lot of gb, my sim is growing since 2 years. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, andiflyit said:

So we can expect some interesting routes presenting the entire flight plan and all waypoints Gerold! 🙂

You will have scenery all around the world but of course the updated areas are best. And this creates a lot of gb, my sim is growing since 2 years. 

You know me, I always try to prefly my real trips, or to repeat them. Or just go where I will never go...

Over 2TB free on the sum of my SSDs currently, so I can grab something... But I´ll take care on good organisation!

9 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

I'm sure you will have loads of fun with your new sim.

cheers 

Iain 

I already have, Iain, and I have just scratched the surface of using it!

3 hours ago, Ken Hall said:

congrats, great flights ahead

:D

Thanks Ken. And also: Thanks for your scenery, it will find its way on my SSDs...

Go on, at least with the Wilderness state. I´ll probably be there next March to make comparison shots.

1 hour ago, Captain Lars said:

Stunning images, Gerold! I see you have a splendid new computer and wish you all the best with the new sim!

Thank you Lars, for the compliments on the first shot. And on the rig selection. BTW, I have reinstalled P3D for IFR flying on a separate SSD - as long as we do not have proper widebodies for the new kid. Love the 777!

• Like 4

On 5/24/2023 at 3:23 AM, Stillwater said:

Thanks Ken. And also: Thanks for your scenery, it will find its way on my SSDs...

Go on, at least with the Wilderness state. I´ll probably be there next March to make comparison shots

think you'll find Skellans and Lonny pretty much up to date, let me know when your down and I'll try to catch up

• Upvote 1