Interesting Aircraft at Canberra (YSCB) this morning

Aussie123

Went shopping with the wife, this morning at Costco, near the Canberra airport. I shot a few pictures through the fence while she shopped. As YSCB is now on the Orbx site I thought you might be interested in some of the aircraft over at the RAAF side (Fairbairn), this morning, in real life.

A Qantas Boeing 717-2BL (VH-NXR) taxies towards the Terminal after having landed on Runway 35. In the background, is a RAAF E-7A Wedgetail AEW&C aircraft (Based on the Boeing 737-700 series). To the right of that, is RAAF A36-002 (A Boeing 737-7DF VIP Aircraft). To the right of that is a RAAF P-8A Poseidon muliti-mission maritime patrol aircraft (Based on the Boeing 737-800 series). To the right of that, is the front of taxing RAAF A56-003 FA-7X Dassault Falcon 7X VIP aircraft about to cross Runway 35. Finally, on the right of it, is RAAF A36-001, another VIP Boeing 737-7DF VIP aircraft. Both VIP 737s departed on Runway 35 shortly after.

An interesting morning. Much better than pushing a shopping cart around.

Aussie

DSC_0424.jpg

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Interesting how many VIPs you have down under... 8)

Hi Gerold. Our Federal Parliament sits in Canberra at various times of the year. They consider themselves VIPs :) . The RAAF VIP Squadron is based here and their aircraft travel all around Australia and overseas. When you consider Australia is 22 times larger than Germany, (ie. Google tells me that Germany is 4.61% of Australia's area) the aircraft cover a fair bit of distance taking Polies back and forth. A bit of maritime coastline to patrol as well.

Aussie

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Awesome pictures Aussie!  About time I went back to Canberra to look around again.  I made the long walk from the airport to that shopping centre last time I was there but didn't think to get photos of the RAAF side of the airport from there.  I did of course get plenty of plane spotting in overall though, as I stayed in the hotel at the airport.

• Like 2

Thanks Scott. Yes, I'm sure it is a long walk around from that new hotel.

Great day today weatherwise.

Thousands of people few in today for the ANZAC Day Dawn, and morning Parade.

A low C130 fly past this morning. Up ANZAC Parade and over Mt Anslie.

Aussie

Edited by Aussie123
  • Like 2