Fly into Motown - KDTW Detroit Metropolitan Airport!

2-ed5de1d09dc11f0eb169fc75e2db417d.jpg

Hi all,

Here's a sneak preview of an unannounced project that will be coming to X-Plane 12 and Microsoft Flight Simulator - KDTW Detroit Metropolitan Airport!

Simply called DTW or Metro Airport. this new product will be coming to Orbx in the new year with the X-Plane version released first. Developed by a small group of Indies (all will be revealed), the airport is being developed to ensure high levels of accuracy. The Motor City team have been building the airport based on real-world drawings and exclusive access to many areas of the airport.

With 6 runways and covering an area of 4,850 acres, this is by far the biggest airport project being developed exclusively for Orbx. The airport will feature:

• Detailed and accurate hangar interiors
  • Custom mesh for XP and MSFS
  • Fully custom and high-definition GSE and static elements. All liveries and vehicle types are IRL, and not from a “generic” library. 
  • Toggleable hangar lighting effects in XP through SAM plug-in.
  • Openable hangar doors in XP through SAM plug-in.
  • Hangar door animations in MSFS relating to weather and date/time. 
  • Highly accurate terminal interiors
  • 100% custom airport lighting
  • Custom SAM jetways (XPlane)

Also planned to complement the MSFS version, we are looking at developing a Detroit City Pack as well as KDET Coleman A. Young International Airport.

Enjoy these early work-in-progress shots from X-Plane 12!

2-87aecff1864590fc2b36dd332ff67274.jpg

2-c652b88dde3dd520062a7873d5376a18.jpg

2-77b00588189b96ecb40db160f3ffd955.jpg

2-e5a5b2d7e8c7e04b426e1e408d988e50.jpg

2-d111b61eecf2261a4a79578df1150383.jpg

2-9c6c53d54b4c2a7d017637069add947e.jpg

2-555b609067b1e33953bafb40ff86ff8b.jpg

• Like 9

Hi again

Will the Detroit City Pack and KDET airport be separate products from KDTW?

When there are two companies making the same airport but one adds landmarks it has happened that it ends in a request to separate the landmarks from the airport to keep the landmarks and use either airport. Same happens when someone makes a "basic airport" an "enhancement" with a nice city and then someone makes a full airport.

Rework to separte them to accomplish both preferances.

As it has not been launched yet I think it could be good to consider this in case KDTW comes along with the city landmarks.

Or it could be as it used to be in P3D in Central. The product had a "switch" to turn off a feature to make it compatible with another...

Cheers

Carlos

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/22/2023 at 2:43 AM, hornetaircraft said:

Has Orbx abandoned Detroit for X-Plane? Many eager Red-Tail flyers are waiting. 

I am writing to inquire about the current status of the KDTW project for X-Plane 11, which was announced with much excitement on November 22. As an avid X-Plane 11 user and a part of the passionate community eagerly awaiting this product, I am genuinely interested to know how things are progressing?

The announcement of the KDTW product ignited a wave of enthusiasm and anticipation among X-Plane enthusiasts like myself. I understand that the journey toward a polished and well-crafted product can take time, and we are more than willing to be patient in order to experience something truly outstanding.

At the same time, we are eager to know about any updates or insights you can provide regarding the development progress. Your transparent communication means a lot to us, and it fosters a sense of trust and camaraderie within the community.

We are a group of passionate aviation enthusiasts who love exploring the virtual skies of X-Plane 11, and the prospect of having a detailed and immersive KDTW scenery excites us to no end.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Nshucky08 said:

Was just wandering since I haven't heard of any updates yet if there were, any updates on a release date? Super excited about this project. I understand that these things take time! 

Yes, we have something in the works but that's all we can share about it for now. Stay tuned for more soon!

3 hours ago, Sante Sottile said:

Yes, we have something in the works but that's all we can share about it for now. Stay tuned for more soon!

I hope the landmarks will be created apart from the airport as Inibuilds one is out long ago for MSFS but it has no landmarks

So I wish I can buy them as a complement

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Fine detailled airport...but please, put animated people inside the airport buildings otherwise so lifeless, thank you. A remark for many other airports to !