MSFS closing, GPU warning

wain71

been flying today, used XP12 & p3dv4 all fine, I did notice a few times that the lights on my X52 flickered once or twice but both flights went fine...anyhow just tried to try out something on MSFS, I keep getting a window popup saying that the sim has encountered an issue, my graphics card may be overclocked (it's not), overheating (again it's not) or there's adriver problem (same driver as yesterday (nvidia 517.48), any ideas what I need to look at, I did read something about changes with servers for Micrsoft but I guess that is not an issue....could the flickering lights mean anything on my controller?...no sims on now and it's not flickering....

tried a few non sim flying games and they are all fine, maybe if I get the option I'll try in safemode however there is nothing new added since last flights were done....always something, and if like me your sim time is limited it gets quite frustrating, and the wife tells me off for swearing at the PC...

• Like 2

Hi All

I am on Windows 10 DX11.

Someone has posted the following in another forum, which may offer further information to the above issues. I welcome anyones comments/thoughts:

Start>Settings>System>Graphics Settings>Hardware-acclerated GPU scheduling....

I originally had this selected to ON, I have now selected to OFF.

Also on same page, Graphics performance preference, I have Desktop app and below I have selected MSFS High Performance.

It's early days yet I am just experimenting, but I have nothing over clocked etc like the warning states, but wonder if this effecting it.

What does everyone else who is/isn't having the issue have theirs set to?

UPDATE: Spent last hour hammering my old PC, even had FSLTL add-on working in the background. Flew around Vancouver (where I have had known Graphics Warnings before) and also all over London with PG on. 

Pleased to report no issues all worked well.

Early days yet, but adjustments seem to have helped the issue.

Happy to hear from others.

2 hours ago, paulk said:

Mine is still set to on. Haven't had a problem (yet) Paul :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Wain71----

I notice that no one has mentioned that there was an updated driver for Nvidia cards yesterday - 522.??

actually for the new 4090 cards - but also for the 30 series

I have 3060 and it has given me about 5% extra frames in the DSSL set up - that the simm automatically set up on my PC

yesterday - flew f16 at 500 feet - 4ooknts -  over London from City to White Waltham@ around 35 fps on HD  60 HertZ - no stutters at all 

and 60 FPS past Heathrow

Edited by John Heaton
  • Like 1

On 10/13/2022 at 11:36 AM, wolfko said:

Wayne, are you on DX12? Try switching to DX11.

no DX11.

On 10/13/2022 at 1:17 PM, paulk said:

Hi All

I am on Windows 10 DX11.

Someone has posted the following in another forum, which may offer further information to the above issues. I welcome anyones comments/thoughts:

Also on same page, Graphics performance preference, I have Desktop app and below I have selected MSFS High Performance.

It's early days yet I am just experimenting, but I have nothing over clocked etc like the warning states, but wonder if this effecting it.

What does everyone else who is/isn't having the issue have theirs set to?

I have seen lots of possible solutions, but it seems a really random thing, going to await update as MS/Asobo are aware, could be chasing something that's not the fault..

1 hour ago, John Heaton said:

@Wain71----

I notice that no one has mentioned that there was an updated driver for Nvidia cards yesterday - 522.??

actually for the new 4090 cards - but also for the 30 series

I have 3060 and it has given me about 5% extra frames in the DSSL set up - that the simm automatically set up on my PC

yesterday - flew f16 at 500 feet - 4ooknts -  over London from City to White Waltham@ around 35 fps on HD  60 HertZ - no stutters at all 

and 60 FPS past Heathrow

I'll see if there's an update on my system in a minute...cheers John...

5 minutes ago, Rob Abernathy said:

Interesting topic.  I was in Drone mode last night doing some testing when twice the sim froze.  No warning, just stopped being able to move anymore.  Had to exit the sim and restart.

did 3 short balloon flights this morning, twice was ok, the 3rd wouldn't load, irritating issue for sure...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Last evening I had this issue for the first time, but only when shutting down the sim. After clicking "quit to desktop" it took a few seconds then this infamous GPU warning appeared. I then had to end MSFS via the task manager. 

This is really strange, because I am using the sim almost daily with the same settings etc. and never had this issue before.

Since I have been using the same Nvidia drivers for years now, I don't think this is a driver issue.

The only changes I had made to MSFS yesterday was upgrading the installed FSLTL to the most up to date version and installing a certified livery for the Fenix A320. So the only reason for the GPU warning I can imagine is, that either FSLTL has a bad livery included or the new Fenix livery is faulty.

Edited by wolfko

7 hours ago, wolfko said:

Last evening I had this issue for the first time, but only when shutting down the sim. After clicking "quit to desktop" it took a few seconds then this infamous GPU warning appeared. I then had to end MSFS via the task manager. 

This is really strange, because I am using the sim almost daily with the same settings etc. and never had this issue before.

Since I have been using the same Nvidia drivers for years now, I don't think this is a driver issue.

The only changes I had made to MSFS yesterday was upgrading the installed FSLTL to the most up to date version and installing a certified livery for the Fenix A320. So the only reason for the GPU warning I can imagine is, that either FSLTL has a bad livery included or the new Fenix livery is faulty.

this is a very random issue, they know about it, however some have never seen it, some get it constantly so it's difficult to track....I have only had it once since my first post, but it'll probably come back now...

I've was running into this frequently especially with the 516, 517, and 522 flight Nvidia drivers.  I rolled back to 512.95 for a while, but that doesn't give you the DLSS fps boost that came with SU10.  Fortunately the issue seems to be largely fixed with 526.x at least for my box.

7 hours ago, Perk said:

I've was running into this frequently especially with the 516, 517, and 522 flight Nvidia drivers.  I rolled back to 512.95 for a while, but that doesn't give you the DLSS fps boost that came with SU10.  Fortunately the issue seems to be largely fixed with 526.x at least for my box.

Yes - it looks that way - NVIDIA GeForce 526.47 WHQL  --- Touch Wood !!;)

I thought it might have something to do with my new set up - card and processor - trying to get to my 4K needs