This Week's Meaningless Topic (#109)(Sept 7)

Hi all. This week's topic is suggested by our own Sniper31 (Landon). It's a dandy!

THIS WEEK'S MEANINGLESS TOPIC:  We all enjoy flight simming with our favorite planes. I would like to know what you would do if you were not able to fly your usual favorite type of aircraft. If you had to pick a replacement, what other type would you pick and why?

A. Vintage aeroplanes.

B. Small, general aviation aircraft.

C. Tubeliners.

D. Eggbeaters (helicopters).

E. Military aircraft.

F. Gliders or ultralites.

G. Area 51 or Sci-Fi types aircraft.

• Like 2

When you say say Sept 7th we know you mean Oct 7th Rodger.

I'll try all especially GA and tubeliners but "F" if simulated realistically. That's another level I'd like to experience/attempt :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, in previous sims I was a GA and Warbird sim pilot almost all the time. Then, in MSFS, I gravitated to flying mostly tubeliners. So, with that in mind, if I could fly none of those anymore, I would probably go for A) Vintage Aeroplanes. :)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I am looking for a time machine to get back into September. Does that count?  :D.

To answer the question, I don't really have a favourite type. I tend to move around and try everything. For me, that's part of joy of simming.

I probably fly warbirds and small GA most but also fly tubeliners, fast jets and vintage. A week or so ago I even purchased a helicopter. Not into gliders yet, but there is always time. Maybe one day! :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I'm with Rodger.  I now fly GA, if I couldn't do that I'd go with Vintage.  But how about Vintage Tubeliners?  In an earlier FS incarnation I flew the Lockheed L188 Electra in the Noble Air virtual airline.  Then there is DC6B.  Of course the venerable DC3.

Ken

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Would probably opt for gliders and microlights. Had a couple of trial lessons before getting into GA flying in real life and getting my licence which for various reasons has since lapsed. The ability to stay up in the in the air with no power other than a greater understanding of weather effects has always intrigued me so mastering (or at least trying to) would be a good challenge. Add to that the opportunity to enjoy the scenery of modern sims would remind me of how far simming has come since the mid 80s when I first started this great hobby.

As an addendum, you know when you are hooked when you tell your other half, as I did yesterday on a return flight from Valencia to Gatwick, that I would be replicating the flight with the information provided by FR24.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1