Approach & landing at SCNT Teniente Julio Gallardo

Jack Sawyer

40 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Very good looking scenery in these images Jack. Looks like Carlos has given you some good routes to explore. :) 

Thanks Landon.  Carlos was very gracious to take the time to give me those routes.  I can’t wait to fly the others.

• Like 1

Hi Jack

I almost fogot!

I had a nightmare with the update...

Threre are two spots in Colombia I like a lot becuase of the views, the cloudy weather it usually gets there and the chalenge.

One is

It is on the mountains it is exactly the setting what makes it great.

There is a third party scenery for it if interested. The airport is at 1,189 m

The area looks terrific, you'll mountains and valleys all around, from the airport there is a city in the far climbing on the hills and if you play with live weather this a bit of what you can expect

868jZIY.png

I am very sure you will enjoy the views and the challenging weather and landing

There are a couple a bit south very close to each, it is a lazy fly but I like to do it because one is on high and the other one is in a valley, Both in Medellín

I take off SKRG Jose Maria Cordova International Airport  and head down to the valley, this is the approach to SKMD Olaya Herrera International Airport is where the fun is.

This is pretty much what you'll do

0UhBJNy.jpg

The valley looks really nice with that big city all around and the airport right in the middle

I love trying it with my 747

You might like to try an upside down in a yellow plane?

58Rdkg0.jpg

And also departing from SKRG  to the east towards the lake you can enjoy a very well modelled of the Piedra del Peñol

xR5dVkE.jpg

Real life picture

qbd4K6V.jpg

So you're still reading? The sky is calling! :D

Cheers my friend

Carlos