It was cold today in Sydney!

Jack Sawyer

Just now, VH-KDK said:

This is Sidney BC?:huh::o:lol:

Hi Martyn, sure is. The south got hit by a cold front stretching across to Perth WA. We Queenslanders were lucky and missed out :D Thought you would have felt that one where you live, country Vic can be very icy, I lived through 45 years of it before moving north. 

Don

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Hi Martyn, sure is. The south got hit by a cold front stretching across to Perth WA. We Queenslanders were lucky and missed out :D Thought you would have felt that one where you live, country Vic can be very icy, I lived through 45 years of it before moving north. 

Don

There has been a lazy wind the last couple of days Don but not unbearably cold and no frost at night. Hard to tell the next few days as they change the forecast hourly. Time for them to get some new pine cones and seaweed!:o

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

There has been a lazy wind the last couple of days Don but not unbearably cold and no frost at night. Hard to tell the next few days as they change the forecast hourly. Time for them to get some new pine cones and seaweed!:o

This is what I use to forecast the weather :

https://images.app.goo.gl/w3DZS8FXSiAm8eq69

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, BradB said:

This is what I use to forecast the weather :

https://images.app.goo.gl/w3DZS8FXSiAm8eq69

No good where I live John as it would either get stolen by a theif, destroyed by Cockatoos or thrown through my window by a druggie(obviously one who is stoned):rolleyes:.

I think from memory one of the Orbx airports has a similar one with the stone hanging on a rope.:unsure:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Two great shots, Jack. You can also raise the clouds to a higher level, so you get a bit of sun in between. Then you can increase the wind so the sea will really look dramatic (see my Cape Horn pics). I just love what you can do in MSFS to make your flight weather-wise more challenging :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Two great shots, Jack. You can also raise the clouds to a higher level, so you get a bit of sun in between. Then you can increase the wind so the sea will really look dramatic (see my Cape Horn pics). I just love what you can do in MSFS to make your flight weather-wise more challenging :)

Thanks Bernd.  Yes, those waves in your Cape Horn pics were amazing.  I didn’t try to raise the cloud, thanks, another thing to try out.  I agree, this is much better.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, paulb said:

Good question Jack. I don't know the answer. 

13 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I wonder how accurate this sim’s live weather really is?

That should not be too hard to find out.:huh:

I might give it a try myself later and it would be interesting to try this day by day or even if there is a dramatic change in the weather as we often get here.:P

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1