Midnight at the vets.

Not the sort of Friday I cherish. Got some results from the doc, I was hoping for better, but could have been worse, at least I'm better than our Bassett. Midnight my wife and I are sitting at the vet whilst he looked after our sick doggie. Lulu it turned out had eaten something that could have been fatal, but we got her to the vet  in time, and thank  God and the vet she's on the road to recovery. Going to take a few days, but she'll be okay. No matter how careful you are, weird things can get into your yard and harm your dogs, and we can only be thankful that our other dogs never found it. $900 for after an after hours vet is no joke, but we would do it again, in a heart beat if we had to.:unsure::)

Don 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 4

3 hours ago, adambar said:

You gotta do whatever it takes for our furry family members.

Exactly. We paid about 600 EUR to get some grass stuff out of the trachea of our cat.

Better wait a bit longer for a new GPU, that is well invested in life quality.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

My "woodle" Ratchet is on steroids and ear drops now because his teeth are having root rot and no one in the world knows why. It's still a mystery why this happens. I know what you mean Don, it can get very expensive.

This is my first ever pet and I remember all my life people saying things like "if someone ever hurt my pet I'd kill them."  Now I don't agree with that literally but I now know what they meant.  Ratchet is the most loving and needy affectionate cat, he sticks to us like glue always needing loving.

Glad to hear Lulu's ok Don!  What a wonderful pair of dogs, I'll bet they get along very nicely.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Don, thank goodness you all got Lulu to the vet in time, and thank goodness she is on the mend. Our furry buddies ARE family and I treat mine like any other member of my household. Their health care is just as important as mine, as far as I am concerned. My cat Indiana Jones is easily the most spoiled member of my house. Problem is, he knows it :) 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Thank goodness she's on the mend mate. We don't own pets but are blessed with a very vocal neighbourhood black and white cat who visits us nearly daily. I can see what your four legged family add to your life. When our demanding visitor visits he/she is very therapeutic. It's nearly tempted me to get our own. But we'll enjoy it's company without the vet bills. Hope you youself are on the mend Don.

Cheers

Graeme :)

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1