Time for some Newcastle Brown Ale

Jack Sawyer

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Landon, yeah, I drank a lot of that stuff when I was there, I miss it.

I don't know if you even drink beer anymore Jack, but you can get Newcastle Brown Ale here in the States. I have found it all over the place, at stores and on tap :) 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sniper31 said:

I don't know if you even drink beer anymore Jack, but you can get Newcastle Brown Ale here in the States. I have found it all over the place, at stores and on tap :) 

Yes, occasionally but I like either Heineken or Stella.  Newcastle is good but very heavy, too filling and full of carbs.  It’s like eating a baked potato :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Yes, occasionally but I like either Heineken or Stella.  Newcastle is good but very heavy, too filling and full of carbs.  It’s like eating a baked potato :lol:

Different strokes and all. I find Newcastle just right. Not a Heineken fan at all and Stella is way too light for my taste. Give a nice foaming Guiness any day :D 

• Like 4

Beautiful images again Jack.

We could not buy it down south in the late 60s but we went to Newcastle for a football match in'72 and first thing was into a pub and sampled theis strange northern delicacy. Indeed a very heavy beer has to be served almost with steam coming off it! Youngers Tartan was much nicer. Here I like Cascade or Boags which for me suit the warmer climes.:rolleyes:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Beautiful images again Jack.

We could not buy it down south in the late 60s but we went to Newcastle for a football match in'72 and first thing was into a pub and sampled theis strange northern delicacy. Indeed a very heavy beer has to be served almost with steam coming off it! Youngers Tartan was much nicer. Here I like Cascade or Boags which for me suit the warmer climes.:rolleyes:

Thanks Martyn!  It was good back when I was in my 20's and could eat and drink my weight in food every day but now that I'm older, not so much :huh:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

now that I'm older, not so much

Well, I am a little bit younger than you Jack, but at 51, what I do to be able to still have good food now and then and also some good beers once in awhile as well is I literally run every day. Mostly on a treadmill, and fairly short distances, around 2.5 to 3.5 miles, but doing that every day keeps me in very good health and nice and trim still. Bring on the cold Guinness I say! :D

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sniper31 said:

Well, I am a little bit younger than you Jack, but at 51, what I do to be able to still have good food now and then and also some good beers once in awhile as well is I literally run every day. Mostly on a treadmill, and fairly short distances, around 2.5 to 3.5 miles, but doing that every day keeps me in very good health and nice and trim still. Bring on the cold Guinness I say! :D

I miss my park that I hiked in, 6.5 miles per day, now I have to drive 10 miles one way to Brown's Mill park.  And it's been too hot to hike lately.

• Sad 2

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

I miss my park that I hiked in, 6.5 miles per day, now I have to drive 10 miles one way to Brown's Mill park.  And it's been too hot to hike lately.

Yeah, that's a bummer. I love hiking too. One of the main reasons I even have a treadmill is because most of the winter it's way too cold to run outside here. I don't mind the cold temps, but the freezing wind that blows off the Eastern Colorado plains is killer. Treadmill time can get boring, so what I do is pick a show to stream and basically I run for a whole episode each day. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Yeah, that's a bummer. I love hiking too. One of the main reasons I even have a treadmill is because most of the winter it's way too cold to run outside here. I don't mind the cold temps, but the freezing wind that blows off the Eastern Colorado plains is killer. Treadmill time can get boring, so what I do is pick a show to stream and basically I run for a whole episode each day. 

Sounds good.  I don't have the room for a treadmill but I do have huge hills in this subdivision, paved but very high.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I enjoyed the hike Jack around Brown Mills Park. Don't the trees provide enough shade to eliminate some of the heat?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

I enjoyed the hike Jack around Brown Mills Park. Don't the trees provide enough shade to eliminate some of the heat?

That was Boundary Waters, it’s about 35+ miles from mr now.  But no matter what park with all the shade the humidity is oppress:wacko:ive 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, andiflyit said:

Excellent shots Jack, the 737-600 indeed always looks a bit short. And the Newcastle airport is on my schedule for P3d,

seems to be a good scenery.  

Thanks Andreas.  It’s a terrific plane and the airport is well worth it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots Jack. Westjet is a Canadian airline started in Calgary, Alberta. As for workouts I get up to the fridge very frequently:rollmyeyes: and admit it is a "fair" to hard workout:P. Cheers k:D

Thanks Karl.  I had the pane outfitted with in-flight refuel.  And we were carrying a load of beer but it's kep cool because someone left a door open in flight. :P

• Haha 1