Better Together

paulb

'Better Together' is the town motto of Eatonville.

Today we are at Swanson Airport (Eatonville).  It is situated in the State of Washington, NW USA.

I had to ship the Zlin over to the USA in case anyone is wondering. :D

Orbx 2W3 Swanson Airport, True Earth Washington USA, XP 11.55 

945710658_Zlin_Z-242L-2022-07-2013_34_28.thumb.jpg.e6deba3c159651429aad0990abfb7d6b.jpg

1705536435_Zlin_Z-242L-2022-07-2013_35_22.thumb.jpg.2bee96862ca35b15b7850af8bf5a6fef.jpg

213394023_Zlin_Z-242L-2022-07-2013_36_24.thumb.jpg.a4d6c082946a72d6de2e821b8bbf1c72.jpg

1630611948_Zlin_Z-242L-2022-07-2013_38_21.thumb.jpg.75983037779db8303bbd65e206368426.jpg

1358441114_Zlin_Z-242L-2022-07-2013_42_57.thumb.jpg.50cb4e659267ffa664f05207eafd7ce1.jpg

• Like 8

Good ole' Swanson...another PNW Greatest Hit :) Always fun to take off from there in a smaller plane and go terrain following flying down the nearby river. Your images brought back some good memories of many a fun sim flight Paul :) 

Landon

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Good ole' Swanson...another PNW Greatest Hit :) Always fun to take off from there in a smaller plane and go terrain following flying down the nearby river. Your images brought back some good memories of many a fun sim flight Paul :) 

Landon

Thank you Landon. It's in a good location with a number of airfields fairly close. :)

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, wain71 said:

nice, lovely set of shots, broke the back of my paperwork headache here and it's getting cooler, I may well be in the air soon, being inspired by your flights... 

Thanks Wayne :) . It's been cooler here today but still pretty hot and humid. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BradB said:

Marvelous shots Paul , 90F here today but only 20% Humidity . 

Thank you kindly John :). Well only 80F today, but around 98F the past two days. Humidity 68% as I type and rising.

• Like 2

I like the Zlin Paul and I can see why you confused my Rallye with it the other day.;)

You have chosen a beautiful area to fly around in it as your images show.:)

Hope you are all surviving the heat over there, our turn to come in a few months.:(

Where I live we get very low humidity which makes the heat more bearable but that also makes ideal conditiond for bush fires.

05:40 and 34F with a wind chill of 30F. Cold fingers again this morning breaking the ice on my aviary bird's water.:P

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

I like the Zlin Paul and I can see why you confused my Rallye with it the other day.;)

You have chosen a beautiful area to fly around in it as your images show.:)

Hope you are all surviving the heat over there, our turn to come in a few months.:(

Where I live we get very low humidity which makes the heat more bearable but that also makes ideal conditiond for bush fires.

05:40 and 34F with a wind chill of 30F. Cold fingers again this morning breaking the ice on my aviary bird's water.:P

Thank you Martyn and yes, I did confuse it with the Rallye. Even the Cirrus looks a bit similar to me! :rolleyes:

Gosh! It is cold there. I keep forgetting that it's your winter.

It is rare for it to get over 90F here (as you know). But we have had airport runways melting in a few places this week! :huh:

• Like 1

Living where I live at 6500 feet elevation keeps the temps very comfortable in the summer. We average mid 80's F here, and extremely low humidity most of the time. The last week we have been getting some nice afternoon thunderstorms and it has been helping keep the fire risks down this season. Last season was especially dry and we had lots of very destructive fires. Winter of course, is very cold, some would say brutal, but I like it very much. One of the reasons I moved to Colorado in the first place. :) 

Landon

• Like 3

1 hour ago, paulb said:

Thank you Martyn and yes, I did confuse it with the Rallye. Even the Cirrus looks a bit similar to me! :rolleyes:

Gosh! It is cold there. I keep forgetting that it's your winter.

It is rare for it to get over 90F here (as you know). But we have had airport runways melting in a few places this week! :huh:

I can remember the roads melting back in the 60s as well as there being out of the ordinary temperatures then.:lol:

I saw a comparison weather map from yesterday and 1976 and would you believe '76 was warmer.:lol:

Guess where most of the weather stations are too, airports with all the concrete which I think:rolleyes: causes the temperature to rise compared to the surrounding farmland and woods.:lol:

It is 09:00 now and a balmy 42f outside and 52f in my house. I will turn the heating on soon for when the trouble gets up!:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Living where I live at 6500 feet elevation keeps the temps very comfortable in the summer. We average mid 80's F here, and extremely low humidity most of the time. The last week we have been getting some nice afternoon thunderstorms and it has been helping keep the fire risks down this season. Last season was especially dry and we had lots of very destructive fires. Winter of course, is very cold, some would say brutal, but I like it very much. One of the reasons I moved to Colorado in the first place. :) 

Landon

Where I live is 440 ft elevation and I found it hard to imagine when I was in Arizona that the elevation in places was around 7000ft.

I love the thunderstorms but they can cause fires when it has been dry.

They are a major cause of fires here along with arsonists who are responsible for well over 50% of bushfires. I would like to take them up in a water bomber and drop them onto the fire. The other problem is the terrible forest management where preventative measures such as winter burn offs of the undergrowth and firebreak maintenance are stopped by certain groups.:angry:

Your area Landon, looks really amazing especially so close to the mountains.:)

• Like 3

Great shots Paul, showing what XP can do, especially with some extraordinry scenery add-on.

--- Disclaimer: Climate thoughts ---

5 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

I can remember the roads melting back in the 60s as well as there being out of the ordinary temperatures then.:lol:

I saw a comparison weather map from yesterday and 1976 and would you believe '76 was warmer.:lol:

When I stepped out to our balcony yesterday (to hang up the laundry...) I felt like in Alice Springs some years ago: Nothing but a hot and dry wind. The advantage: the laundry was dry in an instant. The disadvantage: the vegetation in Alice is different.

Single periods I call "weather". There have always been warmer days or weeks (like 1942 or, as you remember 1976). But the general average figures ("climate") is what causes big problems to our forests and fields. This trend ain´t our friend...

5 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

all the concrete which I think:rolleyes: causes the temperature to rise

Oh yes, the concrete layout of our (car-suited) cities does not make it cool places to stay. Look at the ancient or medieval places, or to the oriental bazaars - they were designed for heat.

--- end of disclaimer ---

• Like 4

A nice scenery always worth it to do some good shots, thank you for posting Paul! :)

9 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Hope you are all surviving the heat over there, our turn to come in a few months.

Today it was 35C in my house which is around 95F. Until now we survived...:o

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

Great shots Paul, showing what XP can do, especially with some extraordinry scenery add-on.

When I stepped out to our balcony yesterday (to hang up the laundry...) I felt like in Alice Springs some years ago: Nothing but a hot and dry wind. The advantage: the laundry was dry in an instant. The disadvantage: the vegetation in Alice is different.

Single periods I call "weather". There have always been warmer days or weeks (like 1942 or, as you remember 1976). But the general average figures ("climate") is what causes big problems to our forests and fields. This trend ain´t our friend...

Oh yes, the concrete layout of our (car-suited) cities does not make it cool places to stay. Look at the ancient or medieval places, or to the oriental bazaars - they were designed for heat.

Many thanks Gerold. Indeed, Obx scenery does improve the experience :) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, andiflyit said:

A nice scenery always worth it to do some good shots, thank you for posting Paul! :)

Today it was 35C in my house which is around 95F. Until now we survived...:o

Glad that you enjoyed them Andreas :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stillwater said:

1976 was three months of above average heat and drought. Dams dried up and residents getting water from stand pipes in the streets in the north. Grass turned to straw. Where I worked we were on flexi time and were able to start one hour early at 6am. Many forest fires especially in the south. 

1972 summer never came with only 2 warm summery days. The rest of the time was overcast and wet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1