Visit of a Queen

Great modelled iconic ship. Is that the one who is put as museum in Long Beach - CA-US ? How to you portover from FSX? Is he really so much smaller than the Queen Mary II as the last shot shows?

• Like 1

Great idea to show the two QMs side by side! :) 

2 hours ago, ikbenik said:

Is he really so much smaller than the Queen Mary II as the last shot shows?

At first I wondered too, but the last image is certainly distorted by the fisheye effect (just as QM1 appears larger than QM2 a few images up).
That said, QM2 is really quite a hunk (QM2 310m vs QM1 269m).

By the way, I found an interesting size comparison with the Titanic:

image.thumb.jpeg.d633ed282f257a56c65ba1a5ddeb7c21.jpeg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, adambar said:

Looks great Bernd! :)  Took a tour of her in 1990, beautiful ship.

I actually did a haunted tour of the Queen Mary back in the early 90's. I don't know if they still do it, but back then they would turn her into the Queen Scary for Halloween, and you did a haunted tour of the ship (which has a plethora of historical ghost stories from it's past). At the end of the tour, you finished in the grand ballroom where you were seated to watch a very haunting, live performance of the Phantom of the Opera. Talk about cool! Watching that performance on a really old, and historical passenger liner, and on Halloween. Great memory :)

Landon

• Upvote 1

On 5/2/2022 at 6:41 PM, Sniper31 said:

Interesting take on sim images Bernd :) Very well done showing off the beautiful Sydney harbour. 

Landon

Many thanks, Landon. I think the Queen fits right in there :)

22 hours ago, BradB said:

Better in Sydney Harbor and afloat than a diver's mecca off the coast of SoCal . :blink::(

I fully agree with you, John

Thanks a lot, Carlos

7 hours ago, ikbenik said:

Great modelled iconic ship. Is that the one who is put as museum in Long Beach - CA-US ? How to you portover from FSX? Is he really so much smaller than the Queen Mary II as the last shot shows?

For the porting over I use a software called MSFS Legacy Converter. I think your other questions were already answered by Frank

7 hours ago, adambar said:

Looks great Bernd! :)  Took a tour of her in 1990, beautiful ship.

Thanks, Adam. I toured her twice, once in the late 1980s and once in 2001. Both times I decided to book a room on the ship, so I had more time to explore her. The old first class accomodations can be booked. Very 1930s!! The second time around I took the family along. They loved it too.

4 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Nicely done, Bernd.

TTM

Many thanks, TTM

4 hours ago, Frank Schnibben said:

Great idea to show the two QMs side by side! :) 

At first I wondered too, but the last image is certainly distorted by the fisheye effect (just as QM1 appears larger than QM2 a few images up).
That said, QM2 is really quite a hunk (QM2 310m vs QM1 269m).

By the way, I found an interesting size comparison with the Titanic:

image.thumb.jpeg.d633ed282f257a56c65ba1a5ddeb7c21.jpeg

Thank you so much, Frank. Thank you also for the comparison shot with the Titanic. Very interesting!

2 hours ago, wain71 said:

great shots there Bernd, very interesting take on things.....

Many thanks, Wayne

1 hour ago, Sniper31 said:

I actually did a haunted tour of the Queen Mary back in the early 90's. 

Landon

I had heard about it, but I missed that one unfortunately. But my first stay (alone) was interesting in another sense, as I was on a guided tour that was letting us see the entire engine room. Absolutely fascinating. I don't know, whether this is still possible today. In 2001 it was off any tour offered.

• Like 2