Brisbane City Pack P3D

John Heaton

5 minutes ago, Ed Correia said:

Launching tomorrow morning...

Thanks Ed

Story of my life - just too quick for my own good - my old Mum used to say -- :rolleyes:

Hope it matches the Gold Coast ;)

Freebie for the advertising B) ??

Edited by John Heaton
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, John Heaton said:

Sheesh !! - and I was only joking - couldn't believe the invoice receipt - and the empty ring in Oceana store

best 10 bucks I Never spent:D

Merci Bien Mon Ami - ED

Go buy a lottery ticket John. What a pleasant surprise!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Personally, I have all of the P3d Aussie airports but I don't fly from YBBN too often, as it is frame intensive on my B737 system. (not like the YBCG/ Gold Coast combo which I enjoy at about 20FPS low level).

I did a low level test circuit from YBBN, before I bought Brisbane City so that I could compare the view. I noted that I had 15FPS at YBBN and when I was over the city, in sight of YBBN, about 18FPS. I installed Brisbane and the same circuit brought my system to 15FPS. As I move away and gain altitude, I get to my set 30FPS.

The view is very good however, and well worth the $9.

Aussie

54 minutes ago, Aussie123 said:

Personally, I have all of the P3d Aussie airports but I don't fly from YBBN too often, as it is frame intensive on my B737 system. (not like the YBCG/ Gold Coast combo which I enjoy at about 20FPS low level).

I did a low level test circuit from YBBN, before I bought Brisbane City so that I could compare the view. I noted that I had 15FPS at YBBN and when I was over the city, in sight of YBBN, about 18FPS. I installed Brisbane and the same circuit brought my system to 15FPS. As I move away and gain altitude, I get to my set 30FPS.

The view is very good however, and well worth the $9.

Aussie

That's similar to what I did although my fps were a little bit higher.

Then flying over the new YBBN fps did drop to around 15fps.

Perhaps the type of aircraft one fly's makes a difference.

cheers

Gumby

• Like 1

Did my first run with the new P3Dv5.2 Brisbane City this afternoon. Was curious with regard FPS given a few mates had freeze issues on arrival into Brisbane (one on a 3 mile and the other on touchdown. P3D went into “not responding” mode and shutdown as a result. My flight, finished about an hour ago, was all good until l started to exit via a high speed. It then froze and noticed the VRAM had maxed out - FPS (VC view) was 29.3 at the time of the freeze.

l have Brisbane V2 and have completed many flights in and out without issue. I have other sceneries that impact on FPS but have never had an issue with VRAM.

Anyone else experiencing something similar.

cheers Steve 

Canberra 

Hello,

P3D v5 does have limits, caused by the much lauded use of Direct X 12.

The best suggestion is to gradually reduce your settings until the limit 

is no longer reached.

As an aside, I am no longer seeing the DXGI error message that used to precede the P3D v5 CTD.

Instead, I can continue to run indefinitely at this:

2021-10-29_10-8-16-87.jpg

No idea, but this might be Windows 11 at work?