Job application

Stillwater

Misty weather at Skagway, perfect for filing an application as assistant pilot with the Mule Team.

Y3Eqlow.jpg

Low and slow we follow another cruiseship (maybe John B is on board?)...

snfEpfI.jpg

... and pass Haines in a classical Alaskan sunrise.

MPG0e14.jpg

Eldred Rock. A navigation aid, even with helicopter platform.

yzSAyuC.jpg

Flying low enough we can show the beautiful coast to our passengers on the left...

ZKx5AKG.jpg

... before we carefully approach Barlow cove...

pYnSCRD.jpg

... and turn towards the flashlights of the capital.

mrjDDnQ.jpg

Juneau, with its tricky offset between approach indicators and runway.

Oi0GWx1.jpg

But those who want to fly for the Mule Team know all these procedures...

ddwUmco.jpg

... and bring their trusty plane home safely.

nhG3Gdz.jpg

• Like 8

We were lucky every time we sailed up to SE AK , always had beautiful weather . We usually took cruises that were late May 

and early June . Anyway good luck getting on with the Mule Team Gerold . B):P:lol:

• Like 1

What a wonderful set in a beautiful part of the world. My wife used to work on the cruise ships around Alaska. She reckons she’ll take me on one one day as it was her favourite region. That approach into Juneau is a beauty. Thanks for sharing mate.

Cheers

Graeme :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain!

8 hours ago, wain71 said:

great shots and tour there Gerold...

Thanks for joining the flight, Wayne.

8 hours ago, John Mac said:

Enjoyed those shots and tour!

John.

My pleasure, John!

7 hours ago, Taph said:

Nice shots

Thanks Taph.

6 hours ago, boetie said:

What a wonderful set in a beautiful part of the world. My wife used to work on the cruise ships around Alaska. She reckons she’ll take me on one one day as it was her favourite region. That approach into Juneau is a beauty. Thanks for sharing mate.

Cheers

Graeme :)

Thank you for your comment, Graeme. Seems your boss is already making travel plans for post-pandemic, I like that!

8 hours ago, BradB said:

We were lucky every time we sailed up to SE AK , always had beautiful weather . We usually took cruises that were late May 

and early June . Anyway good luck getting on with the Mule Team Gerold . B):P:lol:

"always", "usually", ... you seem to be a lucky guy who has travelled a lot. And I just hope for luck with the HR department of the Mule Team... :D

8 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

An excellent set Gerold.

The biggest offset when The Mule Team flies into Juneau is when Hilda walks around the cabin and the massive changes in the CofG.:o

Thank you Martyn! I forgot, the trimming challenge with Hilda is something you cannot train in a simulator >:D...

• Like 1

On 6/23/2021 at 10:40 PM, lifejogger said:

Excellent shots and flight Gerold.

Thank you John!

On 6/24/2021 at 2:07 AM, TerribleT said:

Very very nice work - pics. piloting and narrative, thank you!

My pleasure TT!

On 6/23/2021 at 10:56 PM, bernd1151 said:

Great shots, Gerold. We have been in this area just once, in September, and like John we also were lucky with the weather. 

Thank you Bernd. Travelling there is not around the corner for us, therefore it is good to read the weather did welcome you.