It has been a somewhat expensive long weekend & I am grateful for Orbx's discounts & sales.

I started with Catalina Airport, then I had another look at EGKA, (Shoreham), as I liked the look of it & the 3 runway set up, which, I understand, goes back to WWII to allow landings regardless of wind direction.

Then there is it's Art Deco heritage & it's location by the sea with a river flowing past.

So it is an interesting airport to operate from & handy for jaunts to France.

I also added LPVL, (Maia-Vilar de Luz airport), near Porto, as I discovered it has a 7,500' runway & when I looked at the map of my current holdings I realized it is nicely placed for long hauls into different parts of Europe, & Scandinavia.

Thirdly I also took up CYBD, (Bella Coola), as it was one I enjoyed in P3D, plus a tweaked Stewart was thrown in.

Finally I added an aircraft, a Caudron-Rafale 430 by Bluemesh, who I have never heard of, but in MSFS these days that is not unusual.

From the marketing information: "The Caudron C.430 "Rafale" is a two-seater monoplane (or single-seater by closing the front seat), built by the company Caudron-Renault. It was designed by Marcel Riffard for the training of pilots who had to use racing machines like the Caudron C.362 or C450/460".

Being a bit of a sucker for vintage and/or unusual aircraft, it caught my eye.

The visual quality & sounds are very good. I have a few shots from Shoreham, where I endeavored to take flight.

I admit that I haven't quite got it sorted yet & need a longer runway than the one I initially chose.

I hope Estuary water in which it got a dunking won't dissolve it overnight!

Shoreham reeks of a bygone age, as does the Caudron, & I trust I can put together a successful mating of the too, in the sense that I can take it off & land it there!:)

TTM (MSFS)

Instruments helpfully labelled in French. I just read the numbers.

ca-1.jpg

Side on, very sleek. Note the tail skid. I  need to keep off tarmac.

ca-2.jpg

The throaty exhaust sound exits via the pipes, LHS of the engine bay. Prop position suggests the engine is inverted?

ca-3.jpg

Taxiing out, grinding the tail skid down. Flaps are fairly massive & it can 'duck' wobble as you get up to speed prior to take off.

ca-4.jpg

• Like 5

• 10 months later...