LOWI MSFS Update 5 The Runway have hills

28 minutes ago, Sled-Driver said:

I flew Innsbruck all the time before 1.7.10 and Orbx Insbruck with no ramp/level problems.

Hi

So obviously, it is a problem with the update of the simulator no longer being compatible with the airport. Thanks for the reports and pictures, and thanks for your patience as these issues are worked on to get resolved.

In the mean time, have you confirmed the Bing data is turned on and also delete and turn off the rolling cache.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

> In the mean time, have you confirmed the Bing data is turned on and also delete and turn off the rolling cache.

Yes  I have done both of those tests. The problem persists.

Sorry to have to complain about your otherwise very nice airport. 

8 hours ago, sidfadc said:

Broken Mods after update to official program is not the fault of Asobo.  Its upto the Mod author to fix the mod to work with latest stable version.

Hello,

the "latest stable version" has only just been released and this problem has only just been reported.

If a simulator's method of working is changed without notice and this causes a problem with an existing

addon, it must first be discovered and then reported, before it can be addressed.

This topic is serving that purpose.

To correct the possible misconception that may have prompted your remark, developers see only the

exact same version of MSFS as do the customers, there is no behind the scenes preview of the next one

and when there is a change, they see that at the same time as the customers do.

Thanks.

That's the combination I have and the one with which I am not able to replicate the problem.

I wonder if you could have added a conflicting product?

For comparison:

1. I attach a copy of my content.xml file for you to compare the scenery order.

2. These are the only addons I have installed.

9.jpg

3.Here is a typical Taxiway/runway junction

8.jpg

4. Here are the static aircraft that you see sunken.

7.jpg

Content.xml

I also cannot replicate the issue. I see what Nick sees. I do see natural runway/taxiway undulation but I am used to non flat runways in XP which were not available in P3D/FSX. They are certainly not bumps that make the airport unusable. They are contours.

@Sled-Driver have you done ALL the suggested actions in this thread?

You have confirmed that Bing data is ON and that you have deleted the Rolling Cache. Have you removed the Asobo version of LOWI and also deleted your Content xml file?

Here is what i see. no floating planes and undulating runway which I have poorly tried to indicate with the red.

Capture.thumb.JPG.dbdbbdd63bc28bbf18aae1e25f7b43aa.JPG

Capture1.thumb.JPG.f201bebff4dba8e5ad668bf049f7ea5f.JPG

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

thanks, there is no choice in that.

I meant is it the Microsoft Store version, the Steam version or the Aerosoft DVD version?

Thanks.

Not to forget the X-Box Play Pass version which e. g. I am using.

1 hour ago, Jon Clarke said:

I also cannot replicate the issue. I see what Nick sees. I do see natural runway/taxiway undulation but I am used to non flat runways in XP which were not available in P3D/FSX. They are certainly not bumps that make the airport unusable. They are contours.

@Sled-Driver have you done ALL the suggested actions in this thread?

You have confirmed that Bing data is ON and that you have deleted the Rolling Cache. Have you removed the Asobo version of LOWI and also deleted your Content xml file?

Here is what i see. no floating planes and undulating runway which I have poorly tried to indicate with the red.

Capture.thumb.JPG.dbdbbdd63bc28bbf18aae1e25f7b43aa.JPG

Capture1.thumb.JPG.f201bebff4dba8e5ad668bf049f7ea5f.JPG

@Sled-Driver

And very important, when you have done what @Jon Clarke is suggesting, did you save the changes? And be aware that after you have hit the save-button, you have to wait until the rotating thing in the bottom right corner has disappeared before you leave the menu. This might take a couple of seconds. I forgot to wait just yesterday after adjusting the settings of my joystick and nothing was saved.

Tried Lowi this morning as indicated earlier. Yes runway had major bumps and static planted into the ramp. I cut and pasted the Asobo Lowi folder from the OFFICIAL Folder and the same with the contents XML file.  Restarted the sim on the ramp at Lowi, static GA aircraft normal and then checked out the runway all ok. Whatever was in the last update to the Official Lowi upset Orbx Lowi. Patch notes from MS ASobo are not as detailed as I would like but have to delete and muck around with files is not admirable. Thanks to Nick and Jon and everyone here for their help with this one. Jarrads/Orbx Lowi is such a beautiful airport.

John. 

I knew that we already had the issues with the bumpy runway in September and now found the old thread about it (see below). Perhaps Navigraph is involved again? Would be interesting if those with problems are using Navigraph. 

hey guys,

i want to keep you posted what i did to solve the bumpy LOWI runway problem:

I have a german MS Flightsim 2020 version:

- what I tried out first was to delete the Orbx folder from the common folder (Sim not running btw) and reinstalled the Orbx LOWI via the marketplace in the simulator,

...ok reinstallation worked fine, but bumps in the runway still there

- then i deleted the Asobo airport LOWI folder in the common folder (Sim not running) and restarted

bumps in the runway are gone and justed testet it twice, so this worked for me

Hope this could hel, greets from EDDM

9 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

the "latest stable version" has only just been released and this problem has only just been reported.

If a simulator's method of working is changed without notice and this causes a problem with an existing

addon, it must first be discovered and then reported, before it can be addressed.

This topic is serving that purpose.

To correct the possible misconception that may have prompted your remark, developers see only the

exact same version of MSFS as do the customers, there is no behind the scenes preview of the next one

and when there is a change, they see that at the same time as the customers do.

Nick I was referring to the post complaining that the FBW A320 was broken after latest release of MSFS

4 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

just for your information, the developer is aware of the problem and the likely cause.

It will be addressed with Asobo after this weekend.

In the meantime, removing the Asobo version of LOWI should provide the

temporary solution.

Many thanks for that info.

So just to be specific, are you saying I can just go into the Common folder and delete the Asobo LOWI folder - or move it out of the sim for now, and this should fix the problem pending a fix from yourselves in the near future?

7 hours ago, Sled-Driver said:

So just to be specific, are you saying I can just go into the Common folder and delete the Asobo LOWI folder - or move it out of the sim for now, and this should fix the problem pending a fix from yourselves in the near future?

OK Answering my own question here. Just to confirm that removing the ASOBO LOWI folder did indeed resolve all the problems - no more runway/taxiway ramps, no more static planes sinking into the ground.

Look forward to the official fix soon.

Cheers

First time posting here. I have recently purchased LOWI for MSFS2020 and have the same issues of a very uneven runway however the developers engaged and rapid response is really refreshing. Thanks lads for your hard work. Looking forward to a smooth runway soon.

Hello Orbx, since you are now aware of the issue with LOWI after the new update, kindly also note that at night I get lights in the air as shown on my screenshots. I will report this issue also to MSFS Zendesk. Greetings. Looking forward to your update. Thank you

Screenshot (3424).png

Screenshot (3425).png

Screenshot (3426).png

Hello,

i installed MSFS2020 new today, because there was a bug after the latest update. Then i installed LOWI from Orbx and everything is running fine. There are no steps on the runway. But many lights in the air when you take off from RWY26 at night. What's about this bug? when will it be solved?

And there are peaks on the river Inn, you can see this on the picture.lowipeaks.thumb.jpg.7806bcab066f98327e3780cdf40dcfb4.jpg

Regards. Reinhard

This has been answered many times. it is a fix that Asobo need to do. It is not an Orbx fixable item. Floating lights are visible in many areas and addons in MSFS.

Maybe you can ask Asobo on their zendesk forum. Orbx informed Asobo a long time ago but to date Asobo have not fixed the issue.

Regarding the water peaks please make surt#e you have Bing data enabled and have deleted your Roaming cache. It may not fix the issue but again this is a water issue needing Asobo to fix.

Morning all, 

Just to follow up further on Nick, Doug & Jon's comments over the weekend - this runway issue (along with other symptoms such as double-up buildings and default aprons showing) was caused by Friday's MSFS update, specifically that the excludes for removing the default LOWI are broken. Innsbruck is an unusual example in that the default "star" airports are treated differently than regular airports, and excluding them is slightly different. 

This is an issue for Asobo to help with; I've been in touch with them to work out the quickest way to get it sorted for you. In the mean time, as has been suggested, removing the default Innsbruck will resolve the issue temporarily. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

1 hour ago, Jarrad Marshall said:

In the mean time, as has been suggested, removing the default Innsbruck will resolve the issue temporarily. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Thank you for the update, Jarrad. Just for my own clarification; under normal circumstances, one would want to keep default Asobo Innsbruck airport installed alongside Orbx's version?

5 minutes ago, CageyMoose said:

Thank you for the update, Jarrad. Just for my own clarification; under normal circumstances, one would want to keep default Asobo Innsbruck airport installed alongside Orbx's version?

Under normal circumstances it wouldn't matter either way, but our aim is always to create a fully automated installation process via OrbxCentral (or Marketplace) where there is no need for you as the user to modify or tweak the base sim files. Ie, our airports should work without you having to touch anything of the default sim. 

To Jarrad, Jon & Nick. As always you guys have been prompt to getting

to the bottom of this dilemma, and as is often the case with MFS it is of

no fault of the Orbx team. None of us can afford to tear any more hair out.

So we should all sit back with a nice glass of wine and think back to all the

great scenery and support you guys have provided over many years.

Cheers, Kevin  

2 hours ago, greybeard said:

To Jarrad, Jon & Nick. As always you guys have been prompt to getting

to the bottom of this dilemma, and as is often the case with MFS it is of

no fault of the Orbx team. None of us can afford to tear any more hair out.

So we should all sit back with a nice glass of wine and think back to all the

great scenery and support you guys have provided over many years.

Cheers, Kevin  

I hope you are not referring to my new hairstyle sir:lol:

Hi All,

Thanks Jarrad for the explanation.  Just an FYI when you remove/delete the MS Lowi and then go into the Content manager it is listed as an available download. So methinks in the next update/patch from MS it wont be forced back into the sim.

Thanks,

John.

• 2 weeks later...

And here we go again -.-

I installed the new Update#6 of MSFS and the Content Manager installed also Asobo LOWI. Okay, im looking if all is good but the Issue is still there. So i delete the Asobo Lowi from Official Folder again -.- MS will Update the Sim every Month and i have no desire to delete Asobo Lowi every Month! Any new News from Orbx to fix this Issue? The Asobo Lowi must work together with Orbx Lowi!!! That makes no Fun :(

@Jarrad Marshallexplained that it is an Asobo issue that needs resolving. It is with Asobo for fixing but it is obvious that the problem was not part of their Update 6 agenda.

You still need, in your case, to remove the Asobo LOWI. This is not a major task even if it is something you find a chore. Also please remember that this problem is not evident for everyone so it is a deeper issue that needs looking into by Asobo.

I am assuming that you have double checked all your MSFS settings like Rolling Cache, Bing Data etc to ensure that  the update has not changed them like it did with the previous update.

Did you move your  Community folder out of the MSFS location prior to running the update as recommended?

This is what I see at LOWI just now, having updated to Update 6. Just the realistic undulating runway contours. No bumps.

Having removed Asobo LOWI previously, I do mot seem to have had it reinstalled via the update. My Official folder does not contain LOWI.

Capture.thumb.JPG.8f43bf7201eda0688254cd47fe3b8be1.JPG

@Jon Clarke

Hi Jon, I never had any problems with LOWI and also don't have after yesterday's update.

So just out of curiousity I'd like to know if it is sufficient to just delete Asobo's LOWI via the Content Manager within the sim or do you have to delete/remove it manually from the folder?

I am unsure as I do not use the Content Manager facility. I open the Official folder and remove or add back anything via that method. When I now look in Content Manager I am offered the option to download Asosbo LOWI.

My conclusion is that if I manually remove Asob LOWI, as I had done, then the update will/has not reinstalled it but offers it up as a download option via Content manager.

• 1 month later...

Archived