IRIS Simulations joins OrbxDirect with the Jabiru J160/J170 for Microsoft Flight Simulator

GHhhZv1.jpg

IRIS Simulations joins OrbxDirect as our latest exciting partner!

We are launching with their newly released Jabiru for Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Exported to countries around the globe, Jabiru aircraft is a tried and tested concept in Australian aviation, being used for recreational flying, flight training, rural property management, commuting, surveillance and surveying. The Jabiru J160/J170 aircraft are powered by a Jabiru 4 cylinder 4 stroke 2200cc air cooled engine which makes the aircraft a joy to fly, with a 100 knot cruise speed and a very economical engine, it is a popular training aircraft for Australia's Recreational Aviation certification.

Features

• Two airframes for the price of one! The Jabiru J160 & J170!
  • Four custom instrument panels over a variety of aircraft layouts.
  • A superb soundset recorded directly from the Jabiru engine using Wwise techniques.
  • A BONUS Bush Trip! Explore the Gippsland Lakes area of Eastern Victoria and visit locations close to the heart of the IRIS Simulations team!
  • High resolution paintkit available separately
  • An in-simulator aircraft manager allows the user to toggle on or off various visual parts.
  • A superb flight model for the light handling and excellent characteristics of the Jabiru J160 & J170 aircraft tested and flown by Jabiru pilots and instructors.
  • A total of sixteen high resolution paint schemes over two aircraft.

Purchase Here

$35.00 AUD

US$25 | €21 | £19

USD, EUR, GBP estimates only

Stay tuned for more IRIS SImulations aircraft coming to OrbxDirect.

• Like 3

I've just completed the first three legs of the included bush strips adventure!  A great component of this package.  I absolutely recommend if you get the package make use of the included adventure around Eastern Victoria.  Although I've been there in real life I've never flown over it and I'm learning things every minute of the flights!

• Like 3

Jabiru J160/J170 Version 1.1 now available

Good afternoon all, version 1.1 of the Jabiru product is now available to download via Orbx Central!

The list of changes are below;

All aircraft 
- Refined stall warning horn to trigger at 16 degrees AoA.
- Moment of interia values adjusted on roll and pitch.
- Improved autopilot lateral capture.
- Refined prop wash values.
- Prohibited doors opening when airborne.
- Refined roll effectiveness.
- Reduced AI traffic values to reduce overpopulation.
- Added missing flap motor audio.
- Adjusted thumbnail brightness for clarity.
- Auto-start and Auto-Shutdown functions now configure the aircraft appropriately.
- Additional cameras added to pilot, instrument and showcase views.
- Remastered audio for increased dynamic range.
- Increased cockpit texture resolution for improved visuals.

J170-C 
- Added Novawing24.com trim scheme.
- Fixed unanimated rudder pedals.
- Added missing J170-C placards to C model J170 paints.

J170-D 
- Removed gyro audio.
- Improved functionality of AS3X instrument.
- Adjusted VH-DLB with new colours in line with new IRIS branding.

J170-C/D 
- Fixed reversed compasses.
- Improved landing light.
- Added cockpit night lighting.

Gippsland Tour Bushtrip 
- Relocated Lilydale start location.
- Defaulted to Live Weather for additional challenge.

Enjoy!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Smiler21 said:

Hi

I have just bought the aircraft , looks great.

Would you know how I would be able to change the call sign and the tail number?

It does not seem to change from the default 24-4929,

Thanks

Hi,

Welcome to the forums.

I'm not sure if the ability to change the visual tail number has been implemented in the SDK yet.  It is possible to do with default aircrat, but not any 3rd party aircraft that I have seen.  You can change between several different visual tail numbers by changing the livery.

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2020 at 8:10 AM, David Love-Brice said:

Jabiru J160/J170 Version 1.1 now available

Good afternoon all, version 1.1 of the Jabiru product is now available to download via Orbx Central!

Hi David

I got those two aircraft from you for repaints some while ago, you wanted me to do. How would I be able to get the updated versions?

Thanks for your help.

On 11/11/2020 at 1:52 AM, Smiler21 said:

Thanks for the reply, That's a pity was hoping to fly my Jab in the sim, would be very cool especially on bad weather days :)

Smiler, drop me some pictures and I'll see what I can do. :) Side on would be great to get the decals repainted correctly.

14 minutes ago, Eberhard Haberkorn said:

Hi David

I got those two aircraft from you for repaints some while ago, you wanted me to do. How would I be able to get the updated versions?

Thanks for your help.

Ebo, you star!  Let me know your e-mail address and I'll hook you up with a copy!  I lost your contact details, so didn't get a chance to touch base on your awesome CTFC and ZU-OPS paints you did, but they fit in oh so well. :D

Let me know if you have any more you want to add lol.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, David Love-Brice said:

Smiler, drop me some pictures and I'll see what I can do. :) Side on would be great to get the decals repainted correctly.

Hi David

That would be wonderful, It would be great if you could do that. I have attached a picture of the aircraft as requested.

Much appreciated

Thanks

G-CFSJ.jpg

Picked this up last night, looks amazing and seems to handle pretty well.  I was wondering if you had custom LVARs for the panel switches?  They don't seem to be working with the Saitek switch panel and SPADNext using the normal MSFS 2020 simconnect events.

9 hours ago, Rob Abernathy said:

Tried to take it out on a maiden flight but whenever I click anywhere on the panel I get a CTD.   Tried an uninstall/reinstall, no difference.

Same for me, worked fine yesterday before the MSFS update.  Now clicking any of the cockpit controls seems to CTD.

I bought the aircraft a few days ago. As you can see from the attached photos,
almost half of the body of the pilot is visible from outside. Please save him from
not jettison himself from the aircraft when he does not intend to do so! I wonder
if this is happening only to me since I don't find other people complaining about it
in your Forum.

Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2020.12.01 - 02.49.54.04.jpg

Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2020.12.01 - 02.50.02.27.jpg

• Orbx unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/19/2020 at 4:47 PM, Smiler21 said:

Hi David

That would be wonderful, It would be great if you could do that. I have attached a picture of the aircraft as requested.

Much appreciated

Thanks

G-CFSJ.jpg

Hi David

Not sure if you had a chance to look at the photos of G-CFSJ, I can see you have added G-ANGL which looks similar (different prop).

Missing the Jab as we have not been able to fly it due to the lockdown.

If it is not possible then please don't worry,  

Thanks

Not sure where else to post this but I do have several issues with the Jabirus version 1.4.5. I sent all those a month ago to IRIS' feedback mail address but didn't get a reply yet. Here's the list of current issues:

• Several cockpit items can not be manipulated with the mouse, namely the starter, the throttle, elevator trim lever and the parking brake. It only works by using the keyboard or yoke. The only way to start the plane (w/o using the HC Alpha) is to apply CTRL+E keyboard shortcut

• COM1 power knob can only be rotated with the mouse wheel. There is no rotation tooltip as is the case with other rotary switches in the sim. Also, I think it would make sense to allow clicking it to the two available positions (i.e. left click on the on or off position).

• The flaps lever can also only be operated by keyboard or yoke, but not the mouse.

• The Jabiru J160 reacts to the landing light on my yoke (HC Alpha) and displays a visual light even though the plane is not fitted with that. My guess is that this is shared with the J170, which has a landing light.

• In the J170, I get the “low volts” annunciation no matter what. Could this related to ALT and BAT being two separate rocker switches on the HC Alpha yoke while the plane only has a single master switch?

• When using the external view, the engine sound is far too loud. Much louder than any other aircraft in fact.

• The final issue I found is actually the most severe. It occurred to me twice today in the J170 that the throttle starts to reduce to 0 slowly on it’s own. When I push it up again via mouse scrolling or with moving my throttle it continues to go back down. I had this once after pausing and another time on final approach. I am not entirely sure what triggers this bug but there’s no way to mitigate it. I turned the engines and avionics off mid-flight, entered the menu, etc. The throttle keeps going down zero no matter what.

Especially the last one is really annoying and forces you to stop the current flight and go back to the main menu. I wonder how to reach out to the developer and raise awareness for those issues. For the record, I removed all mods except 3rd-party airports from MSFS and all those issues appear regardless. 

Edited by saschpe