Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater ...

renault

MS2020 is the new "glam" on the street. I absolutely love the lighting engine :)

But you know , the one thing I've learned over the years is that your steadfast friends , who may be getting a little worn and frayed around the edges

and a bit long in the tooth at times, have always been there for you and always will.

Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you, two of my oldest and dearest friends who have always stood by me : TE Great Britain South and XPlane 11

It was just plain nice and comforting to have a visit with them this afternoon.:D

Cheers

Renault 

dmlWKEk.jpg

G5ZsIjt.jpg

F6fXJg0.png

sKlNPhB.jpg

ZDO7hz4.jpg

JTpt0pR.jpg

ZFuSTQ4.jpg

KRns4aU.jpg

1 hour ago, Mawson said:

There is still a lot life  life in X Plane and a lot of reasons to keep using it and  I am certain it wont be standing still.

Indeed . It will be an interesting experience to see how it evolves over the next year or two:)

1 hour ago, olderndirt said:

Artful use of the tools at hand - your clouds are remarkable and, of course, True Earth and XP11 were made for each other.

I guess I have my grandfather to thank for that. He was a cabinet maker but old school - hand tools and the like.

He taught me that  in his little world there were two kinds of folks. Those who sat around complaining endlessly

about things that were missing or that they didn't have the tools for and those who just quietly got on with it

and tried to make it better with their skills and what they had available.

I do my fair share of complaining too .... :(

Cheers

1 hour ago, BradB said:

Terrific shots Pete , what program are you using to achieve those great looking clouds ? .

Thanks John .

It just something I put together myself, so I guess you could call it  "Clouds by Pete"

1 hour ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Excellent shots Pete, like 'em a lot :)

Don

Thanks Don. I appreciate and I'm pleased that you enjoyed it.

Cheers

Pete

2 hours ago, renault said:

Indeed . It will be an interesting experience to see how it evolves over the next year or two:)

I guess I have my grandfather to thank for that. He was a cabinet maker but old school - hand tools and the like.

He taught me that  in his little world there were two kinds of folks. Those who sat around complaining endlessly

about things that were missing or that they didn't have the tools for and those who just quietly got on with it

and tried to make it better with their skills and what they had available.

I do my fair share of complaining too .... :(

Cheers

Thanks John .

It just something I put together myself, so I guess you could call it  "Clouds by Pete"

Thanks Don. I appreciate and I'm pleased that you enjoyed it.

Cheers

Pete

It just something I put together myself, so I guess you could call it  "Clouds by Pete" - you should market it . , I use to use XEnviro , but it does not work with 11.50 .

John

Great shots Pete. Agree XP has a lot to offer and more to come. For a small dev team it is outstanding. The TEGB series is in my opinion one the best ever created by Tony and Orbx.

I will continue to use it for quite some time to come.

John. 

Lovely stuff Pete, and I agree. Having great times exploring areas that are, frankly, rubbish in XP either because they're only default or Ortho can't get good aerial. But XP and True Earth is still a wondrous thing to behold and won't be going anywhere off my system.

On 8/31/2020 at 9:59 PM, flyingleaf said:

Aw man too late. Where is my baby? Has any one seen my baby? Kidding good work Pete.

Thanks!

Cheers

On 8/31/2020 at 11:14 PM, Iain Emms said:

Great shots Pete.

cheers

Iain

Thanks so much Iain

See you:)

Pete

On 9/1/2020 at 12:23 AM, John Mac said:

Great shots Pete. Agree XP has a lot to offer and more to come. For a small dev team it is outstanding. The TEGB series is in my opinion one the best ever created by Tony and Orbx.

I will continue to use it for quite some time to come.

John. 

Thanks John!

See you

Pete

On 9/1/2020 at 2:06 AM, andy1252 said:

Lovely stuff Pete, and I agree. Having great times exploring areas that are, frankly, rubbish in XP either because they're only default or Ortho can't get good aerial. But XP and True Earth is still a wondrous thing to behold and won't be going anywhere off my system.

I agree - the best areas in MS are beyond anything I have ever experienced before. Just drop dead gorgeous.

But XPlane combined with the magic of Orbx still has a lot to offer.

Cheers Andy & thanks! :)

All the best

Pete

On 9/1/2020 at 2:43 AM, Dadtom65 said:

Lovely shots and I too still have Xplane installed and it’s so much easier to setup and just fly. Just one thing where did you get the aircraft skin please. Thanks Derek.

Thank you 

The aircraft skin came from Scottish Wings

Here is the link -  https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/profile/364359-scottish-wings/content/&type=downloads_file

He has so many of them for this aircraft, that you will be spoilt for choice :)

Cheers

Pete

On 9/1/2020 at 6:23 AM, lifejogger said:

Super shots Pete your XP  looks great!!!!!!!!

Thanks John!

Cheers

Pete

On 9/1/2020 at 8:06 AM, Wakashi said:

Very nice shots and I love those “clouds by Pete”! :D  I’m hanging on to this baby also and hoping that it only gets better! 

Thank you. 

I am pretty happy with them as well!

See you

Pete

On 9/1/2020 at 9:06 AM, Dario said:

Amazing shots, Pete! On my PC, XP11 will still be alive for a long time. What a great simulator it is. Regards! 

Out of the box, not so much in terms of visual fidelity which for me is a bit basic perhaps. 

But with the wonderful magic from Orbx and a few good freeware addons it will do.

Yes , it will do very well me thinks :)

Thanks Dario!

Cheers

Pete

On 9/1/2020 at 3:08 PM, jean marc said:

yes it is not bad at all :) keep the beautiful baby :)

Thanks JM!!

See you 

Pete

Archived