first stumbling shots from MSFS

andy1252

So, as you may have read, there is a new sim out there. It's making me realise just how much time and effort and learning has gone in to my previous new toys, e.g. getting to grips with XP. I find myself facing a whole new set of menus/options etc with no real clue how to do anything (again). But, boy, it's worth it. Finally, what feels like the makings of a proper world simulator. As all the little niggles get ironed out and the new stuff comes along this is going to be one hell of an experience. It is already pretty amazing just out of the box.

Just a few quick pix. Came out of Gatwick and headed for the Smoke. Obviously pressed something somewhere to get the "sightseeing" markers up, so I'll have to find out how to get rid of them, and at this point I don't know how to get a screenshot without all the dials etc on it. Must be a way though. Before anybody asks, I'm using Gadwin for the screen grabs and MSI Afterburner/Riva for the frame rate etc stats.

When I installed MSFS, it automatically set everything to "Ultra" and I've left it there. I dare say some will look at the frame rate and go on about how they're getting 80, 90 or whatever, but this is all very smooth on my system and that's what matters to me.

Anyway, here they are, in case anyone is interested. If you're hesitating - don't! This knocks everything else sideways. Not that I won't keep using XP as well, but I suspect this may have killed P3D for me. But hey, you never know.

ArRI8yR.jpg

zSMncyr.jpg

1cZqpng.jpg

K07Am3F.jpg

QY0Q2sU.jpg

qm73zVj.jpg

Very much roughs, but gives you an idea of the scale and scope. All 4k, need blowing up to get the best out of them

45 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Very nice shots Andy, but that mess on the screen really detracts.  I hope to see more shots without all those indications.

Do you know of a way to get rid of those Jack ...... asking for a friend . :):wacko::D

That's amazing. The VFR simulation is absolutely EPIC as everything is based on data that's real life and kept up to date. Can't wait to get it after I build my new PC.
I'm blown away with those shots... Absolutely awe struck that I'm looking at default scenery. :O

11 hours ago, BradB said:

Smashing shots Andy !! .

Thanks John. Fun, ain't it?

@TigerTigerM, @Jocko Flocko and @Jon Clarke, thanks for that. I can see the urge to take screenies is going to be irresistible for a while!

8 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Very nice shots Andy, but that mess on the screen really detracts.  I hope to see more shots without all those indications.

Thanks Jack. I will certainly be grabbing a few shots but a lot of them will have to go to AVSim or similar as there's not much Orbx eligible stuff in there yet, and of course there aren't any Orbx regions to use as general backdrops.

5 hours ago, wain71 said:

from the arrow menu at the top open camera, click 'showcase'......

Thanks for that, Wain. If that's not set on by default I've no idea how I managed to turn that on but I will remove it for most flying, I suspect.

7 hours ago, Jocko Flocko said:

That's amazing. The VFR simulation is absolutely EPIC as everything is based on data that's real life and kept up to date. Can't wait to get it after I build my new PC.
I'm blown away with those shots... Absolutely awe struck that I'm looking at default scenery. :O

Thanks! I'm also pretty impressed. Can't believe the griping and whinging going on in some of the threads on the MSFS forum - jeez there are some ungrateful ****ards out there.

7 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Nice shots Andy, the download is massive 'eh.

Cheers Don. Didn't find it too bad, but then I slept through it <grin>

I'm also delighted with this MS offering. The final nail in the coffin for my P3D setup. I was hugely disappointed with the "upgrade" from 4.5 to 5.0 and switched to an altogether more pleasant experience with XP11.50. However ...

... MSFS 2020 blows them both clean out of the water - by a long way ... and it's only just starting. Of course, I'll miss all the [gazillions] of aircraft I have in P3D - but I *won't* miss all the extra add-ons I had to use to get the environment looking half-decent. I've spent the last few weeks looking long and hard at shaders (mainly for XP) and was pleasantly surprised to see the colouring in MSFS 2020 almost exactly where I'd [finally] got to with my palette in XP+Reshade. Amazingly fast/smooth as well.

Adam.

3 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Thanks John. Fun, ain't it?

@TigerTigerM, @Jocko Flocko and @Jon Clarke, thanks for that. I can see the urge to take screenies is going to be irresistible for a while!

Thanks Jack. I will certainly be grabbing a few shots but a lot of them will have to go to AVSim or similar as there's not much Orbx eligible stuff in there yet, and of course there aren't any Orbx regions to use as general backdrops.

Thanks for that, Wain. If that's not set on by default I've no idea how I managed to turn that on but I will remove it for most flying, I suspect.

Thanks! I'm also pretty impressed. Can't believe the griping and whinging going on in some of the threads on the MSFS forum - jeez there are some ungrateful ****ards out there.

Cheers Don. Didn't find it too bad, but then I slept through it <grin>

Max from our forum has started a  MS2020 forum to post all shots from MS2020 if your interested Andy : https://fsfiles.net/

Cheers

John

10 hours ago, wain71 said:

from the arrow menu at the top open camera, click 'showcase'......

Hi again Wain,

I 'm still struggling with these things. Don't even know what they're called so trying to deal with them is a real problem. I went to the menu option you said, but couldn't see anything on the showcase options that made any difference. If you can spare the time, could you elaborate (or point me to some other source of info)?

14 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

To turn off the HUD display in exterior view go to:

Settings > General > Camera then go down to Chase Camera and switch off Instrument Heads up Display

4 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Hi again Wain,

I 'm still struggling with these things. Don't even know what they're called so trying to deal with them is a real problem. I went to the menu option you said, but couldn't see anything on the showcase options that made any difference. If you can spare the time, could you elaborate (or point me to some other source of info)?

Andy follow Jons instructions..

13 minutes ago, wain71 said:

Even though you had issues the shots do look fantastic.. 

Cheers! Usual story, couldn't wait to work through all the instructions (not that there is that much with the product itself) before trying to fly it. Getting it together now though, and looking forward to discovering new places in the sim. Had a quick look in Africa - well impressed. Will try Japan next.

1 minute ago, andy1252 said:

Cheers! Usual story, couldn't wait to work through all the instructions (not that there is that much with the product itself) before trying to fly it. Getting it together now though, and looking forward to discovering new places in the sim. Had a quick look in Africa - well impressed. Will try Japan next.

When you set up a flight you can search for animals or fauna and the sim starts you in the air in the correct area.. I spent a good while flying low trying to spot the elephants.. Really enjoyed the flight.. 

Archived