The Ugly Country - Part 3/7

Welcome back on board China Eastern! This flight will take us from Xi'an to Hong Kong.

This is our route for today. Please be advised that the uglyness on this leg is not as strong as before.

i2hVQtM.png

CoViD-19 measures only allow for one baggage truck per square mile.

5xW0Vvc.jpg

We'll most certainly have to report these two.

BtoUO1Y.jpg

qTjNarh.jpg

Taxiing to the runway.

0oiPPsd.jpg

aF7dTNr.jpg

Madam, where is this?

qYIgm1P.jpg

- Somewhere around Tennessee.

gm70SMm.jpg

Nice clouds.

hD3rlMt.jpg

Even more clouds.

8BidYUn.jpg

The clouds are clearly the stars!

l5mjTLG.jpg

9nNvHWZ.jpg

wVRAZaU.jpg

Sir, it's forbidden to enter the cockpit! 

0jmnVbm.jpg

- Just one photo! - That's 500 Yuan for Uncle Wang, please.

h5ww1Hj.jpg

Descending over Macao. Please note how much green is left there although Macao is said to be a tiny enclave.

N4a2HRW.jpg

The Pearl River Estuary with Hong Kong in the background.

1Me2NtF.jpg

The arrival takes us a longer bit out over the sea.

2WfTJRj.jpg

Landing will take us over the city before finalizing the flight in westerly direction.

wm6IQBO.jpg

Madam, are you sure this is Hong Kong?

u9c9yvs.jpg

- Please no geography questions.

jsk6OGo.jpg

Kai Tak still seems to wait for a plane.

IcpyrzU.jpg

The green hills of Hong Kong.

I7Vgr6p.jpg

Very short final.

5eJ0kqO.jpg

It's getting evening already in Hong Kong.

x2l0J0A.jpg

Thank you for flying with China Eastern again! We admit that the uglyness was somewhat lacking today and apologize for the inconvenience. Next stop Kunming!

18 hours ago, BradB said:

The best ugly shots so far Lars from your trips  , keep up the ugly work . :)B):P:D

Thanks, John, I really do my worst to keep going! :D

18 hours ago, Stillwater said:

I like your China tour, as well as your comments! Just one question, please: Why didn‘t you land in Kai Tak?

Thank you, Gerold. Why didn't I land in Kai Tak? Hmmm... This could have been even uglier, right? :unsure::rolleyes:

14 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots Lars. Could I have a fork instead please. Can't use them darn chop sticks.:angry::D

Thank you, Karl. I can only second Gerold here. Beer is naturally adverse to chop sticks.

4 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice tour Lars but what scenery is that in the last one? 

Thanks for your comment, Jack. The last pic shows Hong Kong with the Pearl River Estuary and the mountains of Guangdong in the background.

Very nice trip shots!

Clear and colorful.

I got to fly on a similar China Eastern A320 from Changzhou to Beijing this past January coming home from work there and interestingly they had all of us on just the left side of the plane shut our windowshades before takeoff!?

Not sure what that was all about, but I believe the airport is shared with the military as I’ve seen an ancient Soviet jet bomber doing touch and gos and also spotted some big Soviet looking radial engined bush planes while taxiing.

An interesting airline - I do like the registration painted on the wing!

Steve

20 hours ago, Steve Colbert said:

Very nice trip shots!

Clear and colorful.

I got to fly on a similar China Eastern A320 from Changzhou to Beijing this past January coming home from work there and interestingly they had all of us on just the left side of the plane shut our windowshades before takeoff!?

Not sure what that was all about, but I believe the airport is shared with the military as I’ve seen an ancient Soviet jet bomber doing touch and gos and also spotted some big Soviet looking radial engined bush planes while taxiing.

An interesting airline - I do like the registration painted on the wing!

Steve

Thank you very much, Steve. Interesting report - I figure you live in China. I you like, go here and leave a vote if you haven't already done so. We don't know yet what MSFS 2020 will bring for this part of the world.

21 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I was just curious if it was Orbx.

I try to insert as much worthy landclass shots as possible. However, these flights are stories - and stories aren't complete without an end and a beginning. I try to show as few airport shots as possible. After all, this is about "the ugly country". :rolleyes:;)

17 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

Thank you very much, Steve. Interesting report - I figure you live in China. I you like, go here and leave a vote if you haven't already done so. We don't know yet what MSFS 2020 will bring for this part of the world.

I try to insert as much worthy landclass shots as possible. However, these flights are stories - and stories aren't complete without an end and a beginning. I try to show as few airport shots as possible. After all, this is about "the ugly country". :rolleyes:;)

Ok.

18 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

I try to insert as much worthy landclass shots as possible. However, these flights are stories - and stories aren't complete without an end and a beginning. I try to show as few airport shots as possible.

Just the same way as I do it with my travel reports. Orbx can´t and must not make all airport sceneries by themselves, so we sometimes have to bite the bullet and use 3rd party. Just to learn how other providers let us struggle with updates and the like...

1 hour ago, Captain Lars said:

I do hope you know I meant no offense Lars.

Still a very unugly trip :) Thanks Lars ... maybe a little too high and too cloudy ? Why not to fly unrealisticaly at 3000 fr AGL when you are over a so beautiful area as Yunnan :rolleyes: :)

Here are 2 not so ugly shots of the place in RL to remind what is down the cloud B) ... from last summer, a really great place to visit by yourself ... (just not to eat pangolin :ph34r: ... and to wait a few months or years after this crisis :()

FVhqbHT.jpg

eQyNzi4.jpg

Maybe something like that in Open LC Asia ... a dream ... 

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I do hope you know I meant no offense Lars.

No offense taken, Jack!

1 hour ago, jean marc said:

Still a very unugly trip :) Thanks Lars ... maybe a little too high and too cloudy ? Why not to fly unrealisticaly at 3000 fr AGL when you are over a so beautiful area as Yunnan :rolleyes: :)

Here are 2 not so ugly shots of the place in RL to remind what is down the cloud B) ... from last summer, a really great place to visit by yourself ... (just not to eat pangolin :ph34r: ... and to wait a few months or years after this crisis :()

Thank you very much for your comment and for the pictures of this place that I'm probably never going to see. :( Did you really eat pangolin? :unsure::D

1 hour ago, jean marc said:

Why not to fly unrealisticaly at 3000 fr AGL when you are over a so beautiful area as Yunnan :rolleyes: :)

Because it's unrealistic. :D;)

5 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Hi Lars - I actually live in Wisconsin in the USA, but have been to Changzhou about 25 times for work and so am (somewhat) familiar with the area and have flown on China Eastern and Shanghai Airlines.

RE: the scenery, I’d take the most accurate representation I can get...good landclass with select POIs perhaps - though I’ll admit that TrueEarth has made me addicted to photoscenery - it’s awfully fun to look down and see what is there reality, despite the high amount of file storage.  

Steve

2 minutes ago, Steve Colbert said:

Hi Lars - I actually live in Wisconsin in the USA, but have been to Changzhou about 25 times for work and so am (somewhat) familiar with the area and have flown on China Eastern and Shanghai Airlines.

RE: the scenery, I’d take the most accurate representation I can get...good landclass with select POIs perhaps - though I’ll admit that TrueEarth has made me addicted to photoscenery - it’s awfully fun to look down and see what is there reality, despite the high amount of file storage.  

Steve

Funny

I experienced this sensation after having flown in Oregon for a while

When flew any other area I felt like, hey wait a minute, am I flying default? Horrible sensation :D

21 minutes ago, Steve Colbert said:

16 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

Funny

When flew any other area I felt like, hey wait a minute, am I flying default? Horrible sensation :D

Don't spoil yourself. :lol: You can't have TE style scenery everywhere, so you're restricted to the regions where there exists a TE.  I'm curious as to how China looks in MSFS. Let's wait a year or so and I'll do the same or a similar flight in MSFS.

15 minutes ago, musterpilot said:

Very nice

John

Thank you, John, I'm glad you like it!

18 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

Funny

The Orbx TrueEarth product DOES spoil one for landclass, I’ll admit Carlos!

The sensation of looking down and knowing that what you see is exactly what is there in reality (whether gorgeous natural beauty or anonymous industrial sprawl), especially with customized Orbx POIs added in, is amazing!

It seems like only yesterday I was installing FS98 and just married - so much progress in flight simulation, but so much hair lost! :)

Steve

18 minutes ago, Steve Colbert said:

The Orbx TrueEarth product DOES spoil one for landclass, I’ll admit Carlos!

The sensation of looking down and knowing that what you see is exactly what is there in reality (whether gorgeous natural beauty or anonymous industrial sprawl), especially with customized Orbx POIs added in, is amazing!

It seems like only yesterday I was installing FS98 and just married - so much progress in flight simulation, but so much hair lost! :)

Steve

Yeap

This is a fantastic game and Orbx does very well

Time literally flies when you are flying :lol: I can't get enough hours a day

Cheers

Carlos

Archived