Cairns with Terra Flora and HD trees P3dv5

Manu1985

They do look great!!

However - I'm confused!!! I was under the impression that Terraflora doesn't do anything for "full fat" Orbx areas - ie. Australia V2 + YBCS in this case <?>.

Or are you running with AUS v2 without YBCS?

8 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

They do look great!!

However - I'm confused!!! I was under the impression that Terraflora doesn't do anything for "full fat" Orbx areas - ie. Australia V2 + YBCS in this case <?>.

Or are you running with AUS v2 without YBCS?

8 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

YEs sir, they look great, but I was thinking what @Adam Banks was thinking.

Hello,

I didn't knew about that, this is AUv2 +Orbx YBCS, there is no terra flora trees in the area right around the airport, but I do think this is the terra flora trees on the hills surrounding the city, I can't recall those trees before and I flew there a lot,  maybe I got misunderstood by the P3dv5 color tone, but I don't think so because the tendancy is more to make trees darker than greener. I've set the setting to be a mix of terra flora v2 and HD trees, I'll make a new test without the terra flora trees to be sure...

43 minutes ago, Manu1985 said:

I'll make a new test without the terra flora trees to be sure...

Great (thanks)! If you take screenshots with the SLEW (or info) stuff showing (plus the date and time of day) I can try to replicate your shot exactly so we can compare!

Terraflora isn't too expensive (if you get the discount), so even if it only improves a few trees here and there, I might go for it!

Adam.

Well, I was wrong! The terra flora didn't changed the trees as I thought, this is one with the default :

2020-5-14_13-12-22-42.thumb.jpg.2be7807f1331fbc4894c8994596683d1.jpg

and one with terra flora enabled :

2020-5-14_13-19-30-463.thumb.jpg.567581c13f1a2bf7f02825f983c1d019.jpg

This is the same trees, I just got misunderstood because the P3dv5 rendering is different compare to v4, it was the first time I went back to Cairns in v5 and it felt very different!

Well, in anyway, the terra flora at this price is really worth it, even if it doesn't apply on some FTX regions, I know that for sure it applies with FTX europe for example because I've made several test with and without to see how it was.

Sorry for the wrong informations! I'm gonna change the title of this thread if I can!

27 minutes ago, Manu1985 said:

Well, I was wrong! The terra flora didn't changed the trees as I thought ...

... I just got misunderstood because the P3dv5 rendering is different compare to v4, it was the first time I went back to Cairns in v5 and it felt very different!
Well, in anyway, the terra flora at this price is really worth it, even if it doesn't apply on some FTX regions, I know that for sure it applies with FTX europe for example because I've made several test with and without to see how it was.

Sorry for the wrong informations! I'm gonna change the title of this thread if I can!

It's an understandable mistake to make ... and it did get me thinking!

22 minutes ago, Manu1985 said:

well, I didn't found how to edit the first message, does anybody knows how to do that?

I think you get around an hour before a post is automatically closed. It often catches me out - when I spot typos (or worse!) hours later - or even the next day! It does make sense, though, as people often quote from the original message - which may no longer correspond to the [edited] original. If it's something you're *really* unhappy about - then a PM to one of the mods often works.

I was surprised by the title on this thread as well :)

I purchased the Terra Flora enhancement on day one knowing it would not make a difference to AUS2 (as explained in the release post) but I made a few comparison flights.

So, I started working my way around the world. To me, the view is much better in SE Asia and all of Europe (besides N & S Germany and Norway). I can't, and didn't expect to see any difference in the UK packages. It also works well in the USA outside of the enhanced west coast.

Overall very happy. Nice detail.

Aussie 

Archived