REX Environment Force plus PTA !

mikee

Hello guys ,

I need your Opinion concerning REX Environment Force plus  PTA  from  SimTweaks  (With Or Without PTA ) !

Please have a look at my shots and tell me which ones do you prefer !

Same Time and Season , Same Settings :

REX plus PTA :

XG8HOAD.jpg

No PTA

MjGrCwx.jpg

REX plus PTA

UIrfCU4.jpg

No PTA

rI7HYix.jpg

REX plus PTA

61Y0ah8.jpg

NO PTA

PUQOHT8.jpg

REX Plus PTA

0BDZH9j.jpg

No PTA

ObpTw46.jpg

REX plus PTA

CwOm8m7.jpg

No PTA

JX1uREZ.jpg

REX plus PTA

1s4u3PV.jpg

No PTA

3GhAU2f.jpg

Any Comments will be Appreciated

Thank you :)

I think this is a personal choice...and you will figure it out. In my own case, I used PTA for a very long time, bouncing around from ini to ini, looking for just the right one. Ultimately, I went back to the default shaders and dropped brightness to between 70 and 80%, no Bloom and Saturation at around 82. I use Active Sky with Cloud Art and that seems to be my sweet spot. 

Full disclosure, I was having dxgi errors with some PTA settings. That is much less a problem with the default shaders, which also has influenced my decision. And, when I used PTA, I finally settled on Adam Banks most recent ini.

Sherm

4 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Tricky one.

I prefer No PTA for cloud color - a softer blue  I think.

But With PTA , clouds look better.

BTW, which Sim/version are you using??

TTM

Thank you Very much for your time to have a look at my shots and for your Opinion !! Much appreciated :)

I will Stick with REX plus PTA for now ( Indeed I find that Sky and Clouds looks better ) !

I am using Prepar3DV4.3 at the moment !

I am reluctant to move to Prepar3DV5 as I have Installed More than 1.2 tb of P3DV4 sceneries , planes etc.. and most of them are Not P3DV5 Compatible !!

Mike

17 hours ago, adambar said:

Much better without PTA Mikee, I stopped using that a long time ago. REXEF and REXSF is all I need and much easier. :)

Thank you Adam for your reply !

At the moment I am using both REX Products with PTA ! To be honest i find that the Sky is much more Vivid ! Of course it is a matter of opinion :)

15 hours ago, olderndirt said:

That 'REX' was the goto sky outfit in FSX and they've been toying with us XP'ers for a couple of years - what would it take?

Yeap you are right !!

I am glad i am still on Prepar3D :)

7 hours ago, mikee said:

Thank you Adam for your reply !

At the moment I am using both REX Products with PTA ! To be honest i find that the Sky is much more Vivid ! Of course it is a matter of opinion :)

I agree Mikee, sometimes the sky isn't what I want it to be, kind of a balancing act. :rolleyes:  Did you ever try ENVTEX/ENVSHADE, you can get some good results including water colors?  They just released an update for V5.:)

5 hours ago, adambar said:

I agree Mikee, sometimes the sky isn't what I want it to be, kind of a balancing act. :rolleyes:  Did you ever try ENVTEX/ENVSHADE, you can get some good results including water colors?  They just released an update for V5.:)

Nope !! I haven't use any of them !

Maybe in the future I will go ahead and use Envtex ! To be honest I took a look at them , and they look fantastic .

30 minutes ago, wain71 said:

nice shots, I gave up on PTA  a while back, during BETA testing of REX EF I found it was now not needed....

Hello and thank you Wain ! To be honest , I use PTA from time to time :) 

Archived