Flippin' heck!

VH-KDK

1.Qx9mPKa.jpg

Nearing the end of a flight from Darrington to Orcas which I bought in the sale this evening.

2.ZKdLqVB.jpg

Everything is perfect on approach and looking forwards to taking some snaps on the ground of this beautiful airport for a later post.

3.BaOICuw.jpg

WHat a wonderful part of the world on such a sunny day.

4.B5Yn1DR.jpg

Starboard wheel first but a very good landing for me.

5.zDYwNsw.jpg

I like the Beaver and these colours too.

6.2eNgonw.jpg

Almost to a standstill, all three on the ground  and the slightest touch on the brakes!

1 hour ago, adambar said:

Great looking shots Martyn, nice job! :)  That said, I can't say the same for your landing attempt, I think you needed to pull back on the yoke a tad. :D  In other words your butts to high. :lol:

Thanks Adam, I shall remember that for next time, once they have got the engine out of the runway that is.

13 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Super shots Martyn, to bad about the last one.  The proper landing for a tail dragger is a three point landing and then lightly pump the brakes.

Thanks John, me do something properly? 

Now that I would like to see.

Thanks for the advise!:)

6 hours ago, JOE DYGAN said:

Nice shots... and landing!

PS: but you have a very specific way to park your plane :huh:?... Anyway, do not forget to swich of the lights before leaving ;)...

Cheers :D !

How can I forget the lights when the switch is buried in my forehead!

2 hours ago, olderndirt said:

Things were lookin' good - you greased her on the mains and let the tail slowly descend so all three were on the ground when you toed the brakes so how fast were ya goin' and was the throttle off.  Oh I'm with the FAA and "I'm here to help" :P.

Well I had almost come to a stop which is what I don't understand. Which one is the throttle?

Obviously I will not be wearing my size 11 beetle crushers next time I stomp on the brakes, maybe ballet shoes!

3 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks John, I had forgotten that was on.

It was very interesting how the weather changed , the first day they arrived it was 100F then it was cold and and windy for the matches with temps in the 50F and 60F range .

1 minute ago, BradB said:

It was very interesting how the weather changed , the first day they arrived it was 100F then it was cold and and windy for the matches with temps in the 50F and 60F range .

That is Melbourne and the State of Victoria. It can drop 20C in as many minutes when a change comes through.

10 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Well I had almost come to a stop which is what I don't understand. Which one is the throttle?

Obviously I will not be wearing my size 11 beetle crushers next time I stomp on the brakes, maybe ballet shoes!

Unless your CG is really forward, it takes some fair amount of power along with brakes to stand it on it's nose - of course having the yoke in your gut helps prevent but when the prop tip catches, all bets are off.  Thottle is usually the black one on the left side of the control pedestal - as I recall Beech does it differently.

On 12/17/2019 at 1:55 AM, olderndirt said:

Unless your CG is really forward, it takes some fair amount of power along with brakes to stand it on it's nose - of course having the yoke in your gut helps prevent but when the prop tip catches, all bets are off.  Thottle is usually the black one on the left side of the control pedestal - as I recall Beech does it differently.

Cheers OND, if something wrong can be done I can do it!

On 12/17/2019 at 2:46 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

Great till the end but don’t be discouraged, I would have done worse, tail draggers, an abomination in my sim world  :D

Thanks Jack, the XP Beaver is more touchy than the FSX/P3D one but I will soldier on!

On 12/17/2019 at 6:30 AM, Stillwater said:

These first shots were so good, I though it was again some XP11 TrueEarth. But, no: It is our old machine - looking really great.

Just as great as your parking manouvre.

I will never get cold in the winter with this plane Gerold, the engine in the cockpit will see to that.

Archived