Orbx airports visited in real life - a rolling story

Stillwater

5 hours ago, paulk said:

Think you should both say it as I believe you have it.

Not so fast. In a royal court there are those in the inner circle, and those relegated to the outer. These seaplanes were the favoured ones. I say were because the company is no longer operating. 

Well done everyone, it is in deed, Victoria the capital of British Columbia. 

I’ve flown in there several times with Harbour Air on their Twin Otters over the years.

The photo is when West Coast Air use to be around, not sure but think they merged into Harbour Air.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, paulk said:

Well done everyone, it is in deed, Victoria the capital of British Columbia. 

I’ve flown in there several times with Harbour Air on their Twin Otters over the years.

The photo is when West Coast Air use to be around, not sure but think they merged into Harbour Air.

You lucky man Paul!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, boetie said:

You lucky man Paul!

Yes you are right, I feel very lucky to have done many float plane trips over the years whilst on vacation in the BC area. Still remember my first one it was a twin otter from Vancouver Downtown to Victoria with AirBC.

Will try dig some photos out some time.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All

I notice it's a little quiet in here at the moment.

I have just returned from a 2.5 week vacation, flown in and out of 5 different airports, all of which are available from Orbx (or partners). Just to confirm, I was not on an Orbx Sponsored trip, it's coincidence 😀

1st One....

uwnHswK.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, paulk said:

I have just returned from a 2.5 week vacation, flown in and out of 5 different airports, all of which are available from Orbx (or partners).

That is fantastic Paul - four you and for us!

26 minutes ago, paulk said:

Just to confirm, I was not on an Orbx Sponsored trip, it's coincidence 😀

That is not so fantastic. I wish they would have a PR budget for such teaser trips.

And now comes the hard part: Guessing where you have been. I start with: Northern hemisphere?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Stillwater said:

That is fantastic Paul - four you and for us!

That is not so fantastic. I wish they would have a PR budget for such teaser trips.

And now comes the hard part: Guessing where you have been. I start with: Northern hemisphere?

Yes it is in the Northern Hemisphere - ready to make a guess? 😀

• Like 1

The airport seems to be on a plateau, it has a distinctive tower and hangars with round shaped roofs...🤔

Edited by wolfko

1 hour ago, wolfko said:

The airport seems to be on a plateau, it has a distinctive tower and hangars with round shaped roofs...🤔

Good observations, care to make a guess?

1 hour ago, John Dow said:

This is one that I'm sure we tested not long ago if that helps

Hm, I have checked all the Orbx 2024 releases, but to no success.

• Like 1

At first I thought it looked like UK scenery (because I'm an expert :). ) But I have no idea. I swear Paul plans his vacations based on challenging us!!

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, boetie said:

At first I thought it looked like UK scenery (because I'm an expert :). ) But I have no idea. I swear Paul plans his vacations based on challenging us!!

Perhaps you should go with your first assumption 😉

Note to self, plan future holidays with difficult airports for the team to guess 😂

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, paulk said:

Note to self, plan future holidays with difficult airports for the team to guess 😂

I did that, but in addition

- the airports seen must be sold via Orbx and

- time must allow taking challenging pictures.

Half a year ago I drove past YMEN and YMAV, but the Great Ocean Road was just too tempting for me. Sorry...

• Like 2

20 hours ago, paulk said:

Perhaps you should go with your first assumption 😉

Okay, SAS' UK destinations are Manchester, Heathrow, Newquay, Birmingham, Aberdeen and Edinburgh. 

The layout of the two parallel runways, placed relatively closely together in the midst of meadows and fields looks like Manchester EGCC.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, wolfko said:

Okay, SAS' UK destinations are Manchester, Heathrow, Newquay, Birmingham, Aberdeen and Edinburgh. 

The layout of the two parallel runways, placed relatively closely together in the midst of meadows and fields looks like Manchester EGCC.

100% Excellent research carried out to get to the correct answer - EGCC Manchester (UK)

I am most impressed.

Is everyone tired, or would you like the 3rd Airport?

• Upvote 3