True earth bundle unfair

Ross Gunn

Hi Orbx as much as I love orbx true earth Great Britain I bought all 3 of them together back in August and paid full price. Now your doing an offer where you save 40 percent buying them as a bundle. This is a real slap in the face to people who have supported you before this buying them all together why don’t you at least offer people who already own 3 a free airport or something as a good Will gesture

I don't care about xp, true earth etc. My sim activity is strictly for learning purposes. I picked up Building HD, openLC south america, and two more UK airports I didnt have before. I have only benefited from this sale. Thank you ORBX. Anyone know of some challenging airports in South America? I got active sky and realturb locked and loaded

Unfair or not - Orbx are fully entitled to make a business decision - and "good on 'em" for not actually announcing it in the normal way.

As an ex-managing director with a Marketing background - one thing I learned early was the most important thing in any business is "CASH FLOW!"

We have been told many times to expect TE Britain Central and North - probably by year end - and the work to port TE Britain to PD3R (v?) will start on Sept 1

and additional Staff employed. These bodies will have to be paid -  before any income from the PR3D upgraded Central and North can be forecast - but we all 

Know that it will be Heaps of $s - because many are holding back what spare cash  - I/we/they have until - the big day - and Since TE South only takes up 57 gigs of disc space

and Xplane 11 TE South uses 127gigs - can we look forward to a revised TE South  - discounted upgrade - for those of us - if we buy the total 250 gig package in line with X 11.

Soooh - for those of us who have TE South and love it - we can only salivate. - and save up for a bigger CPU etc. as wellB)

PS - J.V is justifiably proud of his marketing background in the history of Orbx  - and the foregoing is just a "little bit" of Management and Marketing forecasting;)

On 9/27/2019 at 3:16 AM, speedbird2017 said:

Hi Orbx as much as I love orbx true earth Great Britain I bought all 3 of them together back in August and paid full price. Now your doing an offer where you save 40 percent buying them as a bundle. This is a real slap in the face to people who have supported you before this buying them all together why don’t you at least offer people who already own 3 a free airport or something as a good Will gesture

Every time Orbx announce any sort of sale, a few people complain they missed out.  It's OK to feel a bit disappointed that you might have missed an opportunity to save money but as others have pointed out, a sale price on an item does not mean that you have paid to much for yours.

If sales are seriously that important to you, then it is a fact that Orbx have at least a couple of sales a year, as a way of invigorating older stock in particular, and you can wait patiently for the next sale, whenever that might pop up.  If however you have succumbed to temptation and paid full price because you were desirous of having the product to fly around in without delay, then please don't come on to the forums complaining, because even at full price Orbx products are great value for money. 

3 hours ago, John Dow said:

Every time Orbx announce any sort of sale, a few people complain they missed out.  It's OK to feel a bit disappointed that you might have missed an opportunity to save money but as others have pointed out, a sale price on an item does not mean that you have paid to much for yours.

If sales are seriously that important to you, then it is a fact that Orbx have at least a couple of sales a year, as a way of invigorating older stock in particular, and you can wait patiently for the next sale, whenever that might pop up.  If however you have succumbed to temptation and paid full price because you were desirous of having the product to fly around in without delay, then please don't come on to the forums complaining, because even at full price Orbx products are great value for money. 

Well said John!

Greg

On 9/26/2019 at 6:16 PM, speedbird2017 said:

Hi Orbx as much as I love orbx true earth Great Britain I bought all 3 of them together back in August and paid full price.

Hello,

would you mind saying where you bought these three products and whose transaction number you have given please?

Thanks.

On 27 September 2019 at 3:16 AM, speedbird2017 said:

Ha ha, good one. For a moment I thought you were being serious?

On 9/28/2019 at 1:26 AM, John Dow said:

I have to say it.

I wrote/posted to you folks quite awhile back that "bundles" should now enter into your portfolio of sales options.

Very pleased to see that you have moved into this arena! Thanks again.

On 9/26/2019 at 12:10 PM, Dust2Dust said:

Anyone know of some challenging airports in South America? I got active sky and realturb locked and loaded

Hi Dust2Dust

I would say both Quito airports are a bit challenging (Aerosoft's old one (SEQU) and Flightbeam new one SEQM)

Santos Dumond in Brazil has an interesting approach to do too SBRJ

And my most challenging one would be the current closed one in Sucre, Bolivia (SLSU) not sure how challenging the default one is though

I also think Cuzco is challenging

In Central America you have Toncontin, in Honduras if you'd like to give it a try  MHTG

Let me know if we agree in "challenging" :lol:

Cheers

Carlos

On 9/26/2019 at 11:16 AM, speedbird2017 said:

Hi Speedbird2017

I understand your feeling but look at the issue this way, if you would have not bought the product then, you would find this bundle deal a blessing. It happened to me as most of the airports I'm missing are the British ones! So I jumped in a leg of happiness. I might be feeling like you if I would would have bought them just a week earlier and disconsolate if I would have bought them a day earlier before the bundle announcement

This is called cost of opportunity, or just luck.

My hands are burning to grab my credit card and purchase the second package of England airports but I've spent so much money that I must wait ( I hope I can make it, wait) but if the bundle offers sadly expires before I can profit it,  I would have lost this great deal and it would be only my fault not Orbx's. You see what I mean? the offer is there I can profit now or not, its just a matter of "opportunity"

The offers come as a surprise

I see you are a newbie so maybe this info helps you relieve your feeling

Orbx does this kind of offers and discounts through the year, to celebrate a festive date or whatever reason they consider. Most longer one and with the best deals is offered at the end of the year, usually 50% discount, so if you are interested in a large purchase just be aware of this sale and profit it.

You should receive a notification about it when it starts, so it is up to you to be ready for it :)

We're very close to it and I'm planning to get all what I am still missing B)

dPp59Gm.jpg

So you already know you'll have another great chance

Cheers

Carlos

I am exactly confused by what the original poster means by unfair if Orbx offers hundreds of high quality ORBX airports via Global Airport Pack for free plus more high quality airports in freeware section for free plus three full working demos of regions for free yet the original poster wants one more free Orbx airport?

I do not remember any other software company offering hundreds of high quality airports for free plus more high quality airports in freeware section for free plus three full working demos of regions for free with exception of any other software company offering airports as prizes for screenshot contests.

Archived