P3D - Hawaiin "Punchbowl"

Jack Sawyer

P3D 4.5

All Orbx stuff

MilViz Bell 407

No weather on

This was requested by @JMBIII.  He asked me to see if this cemetery existed in the new CityScene.  I hadn't had the time till now.  So I went to the Wiki page he provided, typed in the coordinates and there it is.  It's a very beautiful place in the sim.  Thanks Orbx for this beautiful area.

Here you go Joe.

qfQYgjz.jpg

hQZIe0T.jpg

JjWRFrk.jpg

rO315Jn.jpg

JN0YooT.jpg

UUqhvKf.jpg

5 minutes ago, ikbenik said:

Fine serie of shots....the location reminds me to the last scene of the movie 'Battleship'. On this remembrance-place the heroes in this movie where rewarded for their courage.

Thanks ikbenik, I never saw that movie so I can’t relate, sorry as I seldom watch movies.

Beautiful shots, Jack. Not a place I knew of, but it is wonderfully done and I'm really pleased to see it there. As I've advanced in age to the point where my joints are complaining and my hormones have quietened down, and as I have increased my already large reading habit to encompass more and more 20th/21st century history, my sadness and rage at the truly stupendous stupidity and aggression of the male of the species has reached the point where I just wonder how we ever managed to survive this long.

Far wiser men than me have pointed out that war brings out both the best and the worst in man, and I find it impossible to see memorials like this now without feeling a huge wash of sadness for it all. Even in a sim.

I shall go visit, even though only in pixel form, to pay my respects.

And a pox on the warmongers everywhere.

Been away for a bit, Jack, and hadn't seen your post 'til now.  Great shots! Thanks for showing me (and others).

A very somber and humbling place. The same as Arlington or any of the smaller National Cemeteries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Memorial_Cemetery_of_the_Pacific

I do not know, but I would imagine/hope other countries have similar resting places for their 'heros'.

>andy1252 - I agree with your words. War is the bane of the human species. Even from the dawn of time - just look at the first few

minutes of Stanley Kubrick's "2001".

5 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Beautiful shots, Jack. Not a place I knew of, but it is wonderfully done and I'm really pleased to see it there. As I've advanced in age to the point where my joints are complaining and my hormones have quietened down, and as I have increased my already large reading habit to encompass more and more 20th/21st century history, my sadness and rage at the truly stupendous stupidity and aggression of the male of the species has reached the point where I just wonder how we ever managed to survive this long.

Far wiser men than me have pointed out that war brings out both the best and the worst in man, and I find it impossible to see memorials like this now without feeling a huge wash of sadness for it all. Even in a sim.

Thanks Andy, my sentiments exactly.  I often wonder how many planets are out there where they destroyed themselves.

1 hour ago, JMBIII said:

Been away for a bit, Jack, and hadn't seen your post 'til now.  Great shots! Thanks for showing me (and others).

A very somber and humbling place. The same as Arlington or any of the smaller National Cemeteries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Memorial_Cemetery_of_the_Pacific

I do not know, but I would imagine/hope other countries have similar resting places for their 'heros'.

>andy1252 - I agree with your words. War is the bane of the human species. Even from the dawn of time - just look at the first few

minutes of Stanley Kubrick's "2001".

Thanks JM!  It is humbling, "no greater love..."

8 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Here here!

Archived